Thread: Alliance Broken Decay

Libertus

Default Alliance Broken Decay

Hi, I'm playing as Prussia and have allied both Oldenburg and Hesse, believing their full stacks would be able to help in the upcoming war against France, until i realized that i need both their territory for campaign victory, therefore I'm planning to break alliance and eventually attack them, however ntw unlike Rome 2 and shogun 2 has no indicator that shows how much turns must pass before you can attack them with out incurring a diplomatic penalty with the rest of the factions, so... how many turns?

Oh, yeah another question, is there any point in 3 pounder artillery? They seems so useless, I'm currently disbanding them to save money.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 13, 2018 at 12:19 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Alliance Broken Decay

That's why it's important to check the stated victory conditions at the start of your campaign to help make your strategic plans. Prussia's goal at this time was to consolidate the Rhinebund states into their realm and keep the ambitious French at a distance. The NTW game does not have the diplomatic indicator that Shogun or Rome 2 has, so I would first cancel my treaties and then wait a turn or two to cancel the trade agreements. When the diplomatic relations fall below 40 pts. (the thresh hold for good relations) then you should be able to attack with less of a penalty.

The 3 pound artillery pieces were in common use by many factions in 1805. Napoleon being a former artillery officer had the foresight to upgrade the French artillery which made his armies so deadly.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 13, 2018 at 12:50 AM.