Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next RR / RC Project

Default Re: The Next RR / RC Project

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    Totally Agreed with you , i still didn't download till confirms that late era campaign is Playable at least.
    Then you will be waiting a while...3 new factions, three-four others re-worked, many new units etc...

For the Late Era, a much closer prospect is the Italian Wars mini-campaign, that will be a winner. I have been studying them for literally years.

About the Crusades, the level of detail I can put into it will be unprecedented - as I have said, it will be a 1:1 representation of the area. Nobody has done anything like that before. And I will be working with a top academic on it.

And frankly I need a change, I am simply burned out on doing grand campaigns right now, been doing this for more than ten years. I need a life too sometimes - 2 kids, a company that does AI on medical and military systems, not to mention some quite serious medical issues...

I'm not sure people appreciate just how demanding this modding process is on your time and mental energy; I have put *way* more time into this than I did on my MS, though it has been a lot more fun too
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 21, 2018 at 09:37 AM.

But muh 1400s

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Then you will be waiting a while...3 new factions, three-four others re-worked, many new units etc...

For the Late Era, a much closer prospect is the Italian Wars mini-campaign, that will be a winner. I have been studying them for literally years.

About the Crusades, the level of detail I can put into it will be unprecedented - as I have said, it will be a 1:1 representation of the area. Nobody has done anything like that before. And I will be working with a top academic on it.

And frankly I need a change, I am simply burned out on doing grand campaigns right now, been doing this for more than ten years. I need a life too sometimes - 2 kids, a company that does AI on medical and military systems, not to mention some quite serious medical issues...

I'm not sure people appreciate just how demanding this modding process is on your time and mental energy; I have put *way* more time into this than I did on my MS, though it has been a lot more fun too
    as you wish, just don't stress on yourself and loss the Passion take it asy and we all appreciate your work greatly last time i was interested in m2tw was more than year ago thus your work is very very Excellent and Great.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    But muh 1400s

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Haha totally understand, that’s my favorite time period too. Really interesting combined arms stuff, new technologies being rapidly introduced, older ones such as armors and missile weapons reaching the peak of their evolution...
    A much older RRRC version had a 1450 campaign but it was pretty much just a hack though, same factions etc, just an altered script and the date reset.

Which is why the Italian Wars will be good, starts in 1494, factions like HRE, Spain, France and Venice at their peak, and lots of nformation available on it all

Summary of Features Planned for The Upcoming Crusades Campaign:
    ————————————————————————————-—-—————-
    - new music
    - new background and loading screens
    - since we don’t need pike units, which have 250 men on Huge scale, all other units can be increased in size by 25% - eg units that now have 120 will have 150 - so a good-sized stack of 20 will have upwards of 3500 men. This is larger than many armies historically seen in the region
    - as far as possible, a 1:1 representation of army sizes and settlement populations between what is in the game and historical figures
    - historical leaders
    - region-appropriate events
    - the Pope will have greater influence
    - more events requiring a choice from the player, such as dynastic problems at home giving the leader the option of remaining, leading to increased piety, more crusaders arriving, increased loyalty from generals but a variety of negative effects as well. If the leader chooses to return to attend to the problem he will have increased authority and will bring troops with him, but will be away for an unspecified period and may not return at all etc
    - Muslim generals have very poor loyalty
    - differences in geographical origin in Europe between between the Crusader faction leaders and his generals, such as between Richard the Lionheart and Philip II, will cause reduced Authority/Loyalty
    - relations between the Muslim factions will be uniformly poor
    - the Order of Assassins will be depicted
    - new Crusading units will arrive on a semi-random basis, though if things are generally perceived in Europe as going well for the Christians in the Holy land (economy doing well, battles are being won), there will be less arrive and the converse applies
    - for the Muslim factions, in response to things going poorly, available unit pools will shrink, general’s loyalty will further decrease, it will be more difficult to call a jihad etc, and the converse applies as internal politics and problems take precedence over ejecting the infidel
    - no Vanilla units, instead a combination of the existing non-Vanilla RRRC ones, Bellum Crucis, Western Units Overhaul, Broken Crescent, Anatolian Principalities and others
    - new units (obviously)
    - campaign parameters and AI customized for the region
    - possibly adjustments to RR unit categories customized for the region
    - possibly new buildings
    - new traits, anti-traits and ancillaries appropriate to the region
    - updates to BGR to allow ports to act as strong supply bases and (if possible) nearby fleets to act as weak ones
    - update to BGR (if possible) for Devastation to significantly worsen your Foraging efforts

Was making good progress on the 4 mini-campaigns before my PC died, but it should be fixed tomorrow.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

This is indeed an impressive list of modifications!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 25, 2018 at 01:09 PM.

This is larger than many armies historically seen in the region
    Not really for the high medieval period

- possibly new buildings
    I thought a bit about towers.

How about changing their firing sound effect to that of bow firing(instead of that thunk sound) and changing the projectile to arrow, but increasing the rate of fire?

Also, how about changing the watchtower map model to that of the small wooden fort?
    So it represents small military scouting presence instead of some weird beacon tower?
    Last edited by Mamlaz; October 25, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

For the High Era in general yes that is true, but the Holy Land was bit different, eg after Jerusalem was taken and many of the Crusaders returned home there were only 300 knights left in all Outremer.

I never really noticed the misplaced bow sound from the towers but yeah that is weird. Its defined as a superior_war_arrow so I never really thought about it, though Gigantus said something about tower arrows being a globally defined type so maybe that sound overrides anything else. Will check.

The stone Watchtower is part of Gigantus’s forts mod. I think it’s ok because they are basically permanent but we could revert to the previous wooden version, I don’t mind one way or the other. Could always have a ‘Stone Watchtower’ submod.

But don’t worry, for the moment the mini-campaigns take precedence over The Crusades, especially the Italian Wars 1494 one
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 26, 2018 at 01:06 AM.

uI never really noticed the misplaced bow sound from the towers but yeah that is weird.
    Well, it is the same in all mods and vanilla M2TW, to my knowledge nobody got around to change it lol, even though it is probably an easy fix.

Any bow shot sound will probably sound much better than the "tpuh" we have now.

The stone Watchtower is part of Gigantus’s forts mod. I think it’s ok because they are basically permanent but we could revert to the previous wooden version, I don’t mind one way or the other. Could always have a ‘Stone Watchtower’ submod.
    I was not talking about the change of watchtower model, but to replace the watchtower model with that of a small fort, in order to visualize military presence in the area instead of it being an immersion irking network of osgiliath like pillars.

But don’t worry, for the moment the mini-campaigns take precedence over The Crusades, especially the Italian Wars 1494 one
    Just pike my shot up
    Last edited by Mamlaz; October 26, 2018 at 08:29 AM.

Any plans thus to make 20 stacks rare, at least for Crusader players?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Any plans thus to make 20 stacks rare, at least for Crusader players?
    The BGR has "overconfidence" trait - if you fight with stronger forces, you'll get it and it gives a hefty morale penalty for the troops. So any player should refrain from having (or at least attacking with) such huge stack.

This was a very good though by Byg, as usual, but it could have been better: not a negative incentive, but a positive one, or an indirect one. One possibility is to have exponential costs of supply - you pay much more for having, say, 12+ units in the stack, and much much more for 15+, and a prohibitive price for 19+. Another is to provide trait bonuses from battles (like Good Commander, Brave, Scars etc.) only for battles fought while being an underdog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12