Thread: Identifying the Frontend Movie/Image file

Default Identifying the Frontend Movie/Image file

I'm trying to lightly modify my UI back to vanilla for my own personal pleasure (currently using a hosted mod).
    Usually I've had not trouble swapping out frontend.bik and frontend2.bik files to change the main menu background image/movie.
    But this time... I am stumped.
    My replacement frontend.bik file isn't taking. And in all of the .pack files on the mod, I can't find another one.
    So I'm left wondering WHERE is this image that I'm getting (sample below)? Is it a .bik file? Could it be a .tga or .ddl? What file usually governs the lookup address of the frontend.bik? Is this some sort of default image found in vanilla NTW, or one from the mod (NTW3)?

It's maddening to search through ALL of the mod's .pack files and ALL of vanilla's .pack files, and never find this image anywhere in them, and yet... there it is.

Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NTW3 Campaign.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	355252

Default Re: Identifying the Frontend Movie/Image file

Hi, the same issue. I thought as you that only need to make mod file with frontend.bik/frontend2.bik and I will get vanilla blue main menu, BUT it doesn`t work...

Default Re: Identifying the Frontend Movie/Image file

There's an old tutorial (that still works) instructing you how to revert back to the blue vanilla menu.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post7590398

If you wish, I can also share the .pack file I created for the same purpose. Just PM me.