Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Calradia Total War

EoNightcore's Avatar Foederatus
    Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Third Planet from Sol, North American Continent

Icon1 [WIP] Calradia Total War

Coming Soonish! Calradia Total War

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present to you, Calradia Total War! Or at least what is currently the working in progress map of it.

Originally an idea I had back a few months ago, I wondered why no modder had tried their hand at creating it yet. I quickly found out one of the few reasons why, which is unit variety, and of which I'll cover later.

As of currently, there will be 6 main factions
    Kingdom of Swadia - One of the earliest-established kingdoms, defended by deadly knights but has medicore infantry and archer units.
    Kingdom of Rhodoks - An off-shoot of the Kingdom of Swadia, focused instead on powerful spearmen and crossbowmen.
    Kingdom of Vaegirs - Composed of powerful offensive-oriented archers and 2h units, this unfortunately leaves them weak on the defense.
    Kingdom of Nords - Composed of incredibly powerful heavy infantry and decent light infantry, they lack heavily in cavalry.
    Khergit Khanate - A complete opposite of the Kingdom of Nords, the Khergits instead spam horse skrimishers with few infantry options.
    Sarranid Sultanate - An overall balanced faction located in the desert, but lacks specialization in any unit.

One of the main issues with turning Mount and Blade into a Total War mod is the lack of unit variety. The Nords and Rhodoks are entirely lacking in cavalry, while the Khergits have one infantry option, who can also spawn as a cavalry unit.
    As a result, Calradia Total War will instead be relying on the Floris Reworked Unit Trees (though Nords still have no cavalry line there, which is rather unforunate for them).

The map has already been created, but only requires refining, as can be seen in this map of Sarranid territory.

The mod team currently consists of the following users:
    EoNightcore (Steam Tag: EoNightcore)
    Tyranno85 (Steam Tag: Inardesco)

We expect to release this mod when Half Life 3 is released, or at least sometime soon.

Download link at mediafire for 'calradia_2': https://www.mediafire.com/file/jh4nj...radia.rar/file
    Additional work at google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-Y...zjc4yzs8T/view

Want to help out in testing or developing? Please contact Tyranno85 via TWC, or join our discord group with this link. https://discord.gg/MvSn9gc
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 28, 2021 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added download link from discord
    Who? Me? I'm just an average run-of-the-mill who loves anime, history, and destroying my enemies because screw the AI why in all of the 7 circles of hell should I be trading my last 52 golden coins just to trade with you when I am larger than you, stronger than you, and willing to bring down my largest armies on your single province just because you so much as attacked one of my peasants.

Now where was I?.... Ah yes, I'm just an average dude, don't mind me.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [WIP] Calradia Total War

Awesome! +rep for you!
    If I could make a suggestion, one thing I loved doing in Mount and Blade is reforming the Calradian Empire, uniting all the nations under my banner using with an army of Swadians, Rhodoks, Nords, Vaegir, Saranids and Khergits. It would be really awesome if at some point the player was able to do that, I'm fairly certain the Kalmar Union script in the old Teutonic Kingdoms expansion could aid in this.
    Last edited by isa0005; October 10, 2018 at 09:25 PM.

Progress Report: October 12. Mapping, Naming, and Theology.

I've finally finished mapping work and it's pretty much almost done, barring things like fixing up a few bugged spots; actually turning the settlements into proper towns, castles, and villages; and the damn wilderness always freaking out.

Here's an updated map of the western territories of the Sarranids.

Alot better than the picture in the first post, isn't it?

Another point to be covered within this report is names. All names from Mount and Blade Warband will replace the default names, barring last names, as no one in Warband has a last name, except for the player.
    15 randomly generated first names from a cultural name generator have also been included for some variety, with 10 male names and 5 female names per faction now added.
    Companion names have also been added in, having been split up between the various factions. Companions from Floris also have their names added, because if we're using the Floris Reworked Troop Trees, might as well add the Floris Companion names for more variety.
    In terms of last names being allocated, these are the factions they have been allocated to:
    Swadia - France, HRE, England
    Rhodoks - Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Scotland
    Sarranids - Egypt, Turks, Moors
    Khergits - Mongols (modifed)
    Vaegirs - Russian, Polish, Hungarian
    Nords - Denmark

Last names refering to location may also possibly be added later.

As for Religion, well, it's not really covered in Mount and Blade, so the simple answer was just to overhaul it to a Culture mechanic similar to the one in Britannia or Third Age.

Hopefully the pips make sense enough. They're converted from the banners in Warband.

Work has been progressing well, seeing as how I'm starting this off with alot of motivation. Hopefully that continues long enough for me to finish.
    Last edited by EoNightcore; October 12, 2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Who? Me? I'm just an average run-of-the-mill who loves anime, history, and destroying my enemies because screw the AI why in all of the 7 circles of hell should I be trading my last 52 golden coins just to trade with you when I am larger than you, stronger than you, and willing to bring down my largest armies on your single province just because you so much as attacked one of my peasants.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Well done, mate. May you avoid the burnout.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

I had this idea a while ago, but you've beaten me too it. I'd also considered using Floris Troop Trees, but why not change the faction names? Right now you have four factions called "Kingdom of X" but that could have more variety.

Looking forward to this, but I have a weird feeling it's going to die quickly.

To Hazzard
    I will consider name changes, following some research and discussion with my team.

To HolyBob
    Even if it does, some progress has already been made, which is much better than a random idea thrown out without anything behind it.

With my fellow team member Inardesco working on unit balance, and me focusing on the map and factions, the only thing we're really missing is a modeler and a skin artist. Of course, we'll probably figure out skins, while models are optional considering we can use alot of the base Grand Campaign and Kingdoms skins.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    Looking forward to this, but I have a weird feeling it's going to die quickly.
    Generally a fair bet, but even if they're not familiar with me, I'm somewhat familiar with them, and I find them somewhat more dedicated sorts than the usual to have an idea, throw something out, and proceed to never advance it. It may be better to have something than have nothing after the idea, and yet, that is rather representative of various ideas around here - eternal beta and a state of incompleteness.

But again, I think these folks are a bit better than the norm.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm very much looking forward too see how this turns out, good luck!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

With the map mostly done, most of the work have been on converting the factions over into proper mount and blade factions.

This means alot of texture working, which means alot of drawing.

Did you guys know the floating flags above settlements that appear when factions don't have an army in it is actually a 3d model?

Yes yes, I know, the minimap is screwed up, and the venice symbol is out of place.

On another note, the other thing I've been working on is unit banners
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Why yes, I do know the appearance of silver surfer men is concerning, but I won't deal with that until Inardesco is entirely finished with the EDU and has decided on what models to use.

Work is progressing somewhat well, and would be progressing faster, if only real life didn't get in the way.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Keep up the good work! +rep

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fascinating stuff.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

We expect to release this mod when Half Life 3 is released, or at least sometime soon.
    This will probably be finished sooner then bannerlord!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Nice!

Progress Report: December 8. We're not dead guys, here's some banners.

So, after a month of slack off and a couple days of actually working (being in college and suffering through the academic work after being roughed up by High School doesn't help), I've finally finished the unit banners!

Starting first with our Beloved Buttermen, who have had the flags reworked.

The Rhodoks who love crossbows.

The descendants of those from across the sea! Skyrim!.. uh... I mean.... Nord!

Some Khergits who might just be centaurs in disguise.

The desert-dwellers who don't actually live literally in the desert. Sarranids!

Along with the harsh people of the North, Vaegirs.

And last but not least... uuh.. people.

As for the rest of the mod, it's... uuh.. progressing. You might have noticed alot of units don't have skins or even skins that fit well with the faction they're supposed to be a part of. That's because we haven't started the skin work yet... (still working on unit balance), though considering the banners are finished, I could probably start on that now.

Blog Entries

Those banners look great, +rep!
    Looking forward to see more updates, you're doing a great job!
    and Peaman

Interesting indeed.

I wonder, will villages be limited in growth, so we don't end up with every backwater village growing into a huge city?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Interesting indeed.

I wonder, will villages be limited in growth, so we don't end up with every backwater village growing into a huge city?
    Inardesco and I have been talking about there, and we've come across two ways that it could be implemented.

Option A: Make it so that wall levels past Large Town require a hidden resource town in order to proceed.
    Option B: Split the wall buildings into two, a Village line and a Town Line.

The current plan right now is to allow Villages to grow into Large Towns over time, but also make it so that Towns start off as Large Towns which evetually grow into Huge Cities. So Villages will be of some importance, but they take a backseat to the more vital Towns.

I mean, when was the last time anyone talked about the epic and glorious conquest of Fisdnar, Glunmar, or Aab?

Blog Entries

I think that's a very good way of doing it
    and Peaman

Currently, we've set the King's bodyguard for each faction + a generic bodyguard for each faction. Swadia, Khergits, Vaegirs and Sarranids will have mounted bodyguards whereas both Nords and Rhodoks will have foot bodyguards. They all work, except the Nord bodyguard that currently crashes the game when using it's thrown weapon (a matter of discrepancy in the animation and model).

Some more work has been done to the campaign map.
    All faction capitals have been promoted to towns and there is already a castle set up for each faction (beats having to use the console every time to test if buildings work properly).

Swadia

Rhodoks

Vaegir

I did notice the Vaegir general not having a name on the field so I need to look into that :O

Sarranids

Nords

Khergits

The next step is to set all the existing towns from M&B Warband into towns onto the campaign map and all castles set up as well. I will use vanilla London, Milan and Constantinople as a base to determine population and already build buildings.

Once I've done that I will do the same with the castles using vanilla Toledo and Rhodes as a base for the buildings already build in, which is obviously subject to change

When they are all set up on the campaign map I will continue on with setting up the barracks (currently only the t1 and t2 barracks are set up in the cities) for both city and castle.
    Last edited by Tyranno85; December 22, 2018 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast