Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heirs of Fingolfin (DaC 2.2 submod)

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Heirs of Fingolfin (DaC 2.2 submod)

Try loading an earlier save and if that doesn't work upload the save here

Playing it again, and it's fun! 2 things, though: First, if the twins need to go through Cerin Amroth to get to mithlond then there needs to be a note about this in the mission text. I personally sent them south to capture Eregion + Hollin, then west to mithlond never going into Cerin Amroth. Then I spent many turns trying to figure out why Lindon wasn't joining me. Perhaps change the trigger (if possible) from the twins going through Cerin Amroth to leaving Imladris?

Second, the silver surfer patch file is broken. I try to open it and it doesn't work. It gives me an error.

A. Yes, I mention it next version

B. works for most people so the best thing I can really say is to not use it.

Ñolofinwë, King of the Ñoldor's Avatar Foederatus

Mairen yomen. Main. Esten mai. Noldor velicë.
    I Râd ui-renia lim a lim
    dad od annon ial heriant.
    Si palan-'wenniel nâ Râd,
    a boe anim bo den padad,
    aphadol den na-dail verai,
    na-den ten ertha râd annaer
    ias raith a lynd lim gevedir.
    A na-man hi? Ú-bedithon.

Adel i vennas dartha aen
    I ven eden, annon thurin;
    Ar ae na-lim im bant nef hain,
    I aur telitha na-vedui
    Ir aphadathon i min haill
    annûn od Ithil, rhûn 'd Anar.

Nai aistalë Eldaron hilya le. A vanta as márë órelyar. Nai eleni siluvar antalyannar.
    Alastámo min virnë.

Is it going to work with DaC V3?
    Adûnâi != Adonai

Quote Originally Posted by Mapengraf View Post
    Is it going to work with DaC V3?
    Nope. You'd most likely get CTD, and if not, it will definitely be messed up due to map changes.

I hope it will be updated for 3.0, but that'll take some time.

I'm not a huge fan of V3 so I'm considering adding the good changes to dac 2.2 and then just continuing from there.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

What exactly don't you like about V3?

The angmar and gundabad situation. I feel that could have been handled better to put it lightly.

But I did have an idea regarding making the situation better at least in my opinion. Giving gundabad angmar's old roster and renaming them to "Orcs of the North" or somesuch starting them off in gundabad and making carn dum, litash, and possibly shedun rebel and tying a complex witch-king script to them. Then move angmar down to the villages and just make them a dedicated rhudaur faction. and have them face off against the ND. and I really would change the banners back

I came here to post a full review of this sub-sub-mod, only to discover DAC v3 has been released! Oh well, I'll post the review anyway.

First, I am enjoying the hell out of this mod. Much like the Arnor mod, the missions are fascinating and add another level to the gameplay. Really makes it interesting and fun. Couple of issues, though:

* The evil factions went nuclear at medium difficulty, and basically wiped out everyone. Breeland, Enedwaith, Rohan, Anduin, and Dorwinion got nuked relatively quickly, vastly changing the dynamic of the map. I even had to send protection armies through enemy territory just to keep Lothlorien and Mirkwood elves from getting swallowed. Maybe they just had bad luck on my playthrough.

* The Lindon elite units are totally missing. Checking the units text file, they aren't even in there.

* Silver surfers. Some Lorien Units have silver surfers, including Yavanna's Chosen with upgraded armor, Ghurdinen and all lorien officers. Further, some officers for Mordor, and Mirkwood are also silver.

* Recruitment locations are still borked. Most every place gets lindon units (still lacking the elite units). Lorien units are basically only recruitable from Lothlorien, and the town to the SW. Edraicharn itself gets Lindon units. No where else picks up Lorien units. Woodland elves are fine and can be recruited anywhere in the mirkwood forest. Another problem is that the Eldar elite can't be recruited from Annon-en-orod. With the evil factions going nuclear, this made survival very difficult being unable to recruit the elite elves from the closest city to the capital.

* The kinslayers don't have any text in the unit description window.

Other than that, great mod!

Ñolofinwë, King of the Ñoldor's Avatar Foederatus

Hello! Though I no longer work on it, and I would hope Matthias (and his overstaying Christmas hat!) will update it to V3 soon, I can answer most questions. Thanks for the feedback, and it's great that you enjoy it!

- Yes, this is very intended. It'll get worse (and better) with the next update hopefully. You are the savior of Middle-Earth with your strength. It was a bit overboard, in hindsight. It'll be changed I imagine.

- The Lindon elites are the same as Imladris's elites: the Eldarinwë x. As such, they're limited to (if I recall properly) mountain regions, Imladris, Ost-in-Edhil, and Mithlond. Their mid-tier post barracks event unit is called the Sindar x.

- Silver surfers I've got nothing. His fault!

- Lindon's Teleri units are allowed in grasslands, the most populous of all resources. Sindar units are allowed only upon coasts, as I recall. It might be vice versa. Lorien units are allowed everywhere that is marked as a forest (excluding Mirkwood). Avari units are only in a region marked as either Rhovanion or Celduin. Same as the Athala Rangers.

- Still his fault.

Thanks for the feedback, A. My santa hat is staying, it's dashing. B. I'll see if I get inspiration to continue working on this mod, LOTR is starting to bore me. C. After a potential 3.0 update the mod will be pretty much obsolete given the merging of the 2 elven factions according to galu (I have no clue why they've decided to go backwards but whatever)

One more thing before I forget! There's something funky with the campaign map on the bridge into Imladris. Basically no battle can be initiated from the Bridge into Imladris, or from Imladris into the bridge.

Note that early on in the campaign the auto-battle did work. But much later an invasion was called, and 4 stacks of Mordor armies got bunched up on the bridge because they couldn't actually do anything.

You can move over the bridge. And maybe you can launch a battle over the bridge. But if the unit is on the bridge, nothing can be done.

Huh, that's probably funky map design and has nothing to do with the mod but maybe I can mess with the map tga files to move it back 1 tile.

I only mentioned it here because it hadn't happened in previous versions of the mod, or in other mods, or in the base DAC.

Huh, I'll see if I have the time to take a look at it.

It may or may not be related to Elrond being stuck in Imladris? As it stands, he can't leave.

That's it. I forgot about it.

Does anyone have a copy of the mod?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234