Thread: Three Kingdoms Hopes & Expectations Mini Survey

Default Three Kingdoms Hopes & Expectations Mini Survey

Just to get a vague read on hype levels and how people feel about a few aspects of 3K, I've knocked together this quick 10 question survey. Click the link:

THREE KINGDOMS HOPES & EXPECTATIONS MINI-SURVEY

Enjoy

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Three Kingdoms Hopes & Expectations Mini Survey

Please avoid using capitals for thread titles.
    Thank you.

roarer's Avatar Tiro

Where can I view the result ?
    Never argue with an idiot, cuz they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

After approx 100 votes in...

Scores out of 10 below are given as the weighted average of responses (given as 1-10) in each category

Unless stated, 0 is total disagree and 10 is total agree

1. ​Overall, how hyped are you for the upcoming release of Three Kingdoms?6.4

2. How impressed are you by battle gameplay, going on what has been released up to this point?5.6

3. To what extent do you think Three Kingdoms will be a big step forward for the franchise?​5.5

4. ​Where would you put yourself on the History/Fantasy spectrum?3.9

(0 = Pure Historical, 10 = Pure Fantasy)

5. Do you think the campaign will be more or less shallow/deep than in previous historical games?​6.8

(0 = much shallower, 10 = much deeper)

6. How faithful do you think the game will be to the history of ​time period?

7. In principle, do you like the idea of there being two game modes?7.6

8. ​Do you feel that Romance Mode will cater well to players who joined the series with Warhammer?7.1

9. Do you feel that Classic Mode will cater well to history-focused players ​?5.6

10. What is your general level of interest in the historical period in which the game is set?​7.7

I am little surprise question 8 is as high as it is. My understanding of fantasy people (my brother is into that stuff) they can be very specific fantasy oriented.
    My guess is the CA will keep track of the modes played. I would be very interested to see how that goes.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I am little surprise question 8 is as high as it is. My understanding of fantasy people (my brother is into that stuff) they can be very specific fantasy oriented.
    My guess is the CA will keep track of the modes played. I would be very interested to see how that goes.
    Good point. I think I actually picked 7 in the survey because of my frustration that Warhammer is injecting fantasy and MOBA style elements into Total War (and CA's apparent response to that in the design of 3K). Warhammer fans are definitely going to enjoy that, right? But the truth may simply be that CA is tuning the game to fans of Dynasty Warriors and RotK and the East Asian audience.

Question 8 is simply all the people who don't understand Romance is not fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngazi View Post
    Question 8 is simply all the people who don't understand Romance is not fantasy.
    Correct. It is more accurately "Historical Fiction." It is a fictional story within a historical context. It is similar to the movie, Braveheart. it starts telling you that the movie is a fictionalized account of historical events. It doesn't stop the criticism though.

I guess you all didn't see the battles CA showed at E3 and Gamescon then? I saw heroes shooting sparks, martial arts fighting and slaying dozens in rapid succession.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I guess you all didn't see the battles CA showed at E3 and Gamescon then? I saw heroes shooting sparks, martial arts fighting and slaying dozens in rapid succession.
    Because it was from Romance mod where characters are ala Warhammer ones? In Classic mode they will be like in any other TW, general with his bodyguards. In shogun 2 you can easily focus your general unit to be pretty OP via skills so I expect similar treatment here. Right general (fighter..vanguard? i dont know right now the exact name for this one,just dont expect every general to be as effective in killing infantry) with right skills will have pretty good bodyguard unit, in romance mode the unit is collapsed just into the character and he is like warhammer lord...exagerrated.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Because it was from Romance mod where characters are ala Warhammer ones?
    Yes please read below for context. We are talking about whether Romance mode, based on RotK novel, is fantasy or romance. I'm arguing that CA's "Romance mode" has fantastic elements that appeal to fans of Warhammer and DW. But regarding "Classic mode," we don't know exactly how heroes will be treated - although your speculation is reasonable.

Yes please read below for context. We are talking about whether Romance mode, based on RotK novel, is fantasy or romance. I'm arguing that CA's "Romance mode" has fantastic elements that appeal to fans of Warhammer and DW. But regarding "Classic mode," we don't know exactly how heroes will be treated - although your speculation is reasonable.
    From the blog post and the answers from CA we got on Reddit, I'd say we have a pretty good idea.

Heroes will be general's bodyguard units as seen in past historical games. No duels, no special abilities aside from Rally/Inspire. If two general's bodyguard units are engaged, the generals will try to organically seek each other out to fight, but it won't be using the fancy dueling animations and there won't be a ring around them. It'll be the same as if any other two units were engaged, just the commanders trying to attack each other more than the rest.

Basically everything else is the same. They still have retinues. They still abide by the Wu Xing system. They operate the same on the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by zoner16 View Post
    From the blog post and the answers from CA we got on Reddit, I'd say we have a pretty good idea.

Heroes will be general's bodyguard units as seen in past historical games. No duels, no special abilities aside from Rally/Inspire. If two general's bodyguard units are engaged, the generals will try to organically seek each other out to fight, but it won't be using the fancy dueling animations and there won't be a ring around them. It'll be the same as if any other two units were engaged, just the commanders trying to attack each other more than the rest.

Basically everything else is the same. They still have retinues. They still abide by the Wu Xing system. They operate the same on the campaign map.

I think he is referring to specifics skills available, rather the general idea based on how other titles treated it. ("exactly")Unfortunately, we are a long way off from that. I fear anyway. (Bold was done by me)