Thread: Ver Sacrum not working?

Default Ver Sacrum not working?

So about a month ago i tried Rise of the Republic with the DeI DLC and started a Samnite campaign, hpoing thos amazing mod would already boost what is a benchmark for the quality of DLCs we should be getting.

But... it didn't work. I hit Ver Sacrum and it 'initiated' the rite but nothing happened. No 20 stack. No biggie.

I waited out the 16 turns and still nothing happened. So when I rebooted the DLC following the 3 Module crunch on steam I hoped the bug would have been fixed but still nothing.

Has Ver Sacrum been disabled? Is it going to be fixed in the upcoming RoTR update for DeI?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"“If there is Paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, it is this." - Jahangir, Mughal Emperor

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Ver Sacrum not working?

I don't believe we have really done much to RoR yet. So if any bugs exist for some reason it wont be detected by us and will most likely be put low on our list of things to do considering that modding RoR is planned in the future.
    We still got work to do with the other parts of the game.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

I can suggest that you read this thread to get an idea of what Ahiga is working on regarding RoR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-the-Republic
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 10, 2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Ver Sacrum not working?

I don't even know what Ver Sacrum is.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I don't even know what Ver Sacrum is.
    Its a factional option the Samnites have to perform a rite and spawn an army.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Its a factional option the Samnites have to perform a rite and spawn an army.

You got me intrigued. I'll need to play that campaigning at some point
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 10, 2018 at 01:05 PM.

Not sure if it's intentionally disabled, sounds like a thing DeI might disable. I mean, I'm not here to denigrate any Samnite pagans who might be reading, but... if their gods were powerful enough to spawn armies out of thin air given the correct sacrifices, how come they got booty blasted by the Romans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsch27 View Post
    Not sure if it's intentionally disabled, sounds like a thing DeI might disable. I mean, I'm not here to denigrate any Samnite pagans who might be reading, but... if their gods were powerful enough to spawn armies out of thin air given the correct sacrifices, how come they got booty blasted by the Romans?
    It's quite a fantasy feature, indeed.

I am not aware of us modding that feature in any way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I've never played a turn with ROR but, for what i've seen into tables and scripts, ver sacrum should immediately spawn a full 20 stack into your capital. Maybe you had already an army garrisoned? And so incident doesn't trigger?
    It requires 3500 money and the technology "inv_samnites_military_via_strategematum_ver_sacrum" (I don't know what that is, is there a tech like this? please check that). Could be that you didn't have the cash?
    Afaik there shouldn't be any other thing.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2018 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    It's quite a fantasy feature, indeed.
    I think it is meant to simulate an important ritual gathering of tribes and instilling in them a war frenzy, thus recruiting an army very quickly. The warriors are payed of course, hence the 3500 denarii cost. I don't think the idea is that the gods literally summon warriors from the heavens.

Well, regardless of any "instilled war frenzy", farmers and craftsmen don't just magically become soldiers if you hand them enough money and get them angry enough. They've got to be told what to do with their various sharp thingies, and how to not get hit as often by the other guy's pointy bits. Not to mention how to put the whole get-up on in the first place. Can't be showing up to a battle with a backwards baldric...

Semisalis

Guess what, most armies back then were made up exactly of farmers and craftsmen for the most part. Especially italic tribal armies, including the romans.

Right... but there was a bit more involved than just showing up to a great big bonfire filled with coins and then marching off...

Precisely. The "angry citizens become an army and drive the foreigners off in a day" is a Hollywood-ism. Though I could see some ancient Greeks trying to boast about the greatness of the citizen soldier and dramatizing that a bit as well? Not sure.

It also depends a lot on what type of units the army is composed of. Do you recieve a 20 stack army of elite soldiers or 20 units of rabble that would fit with an angry mob high on coin and scented oils.

Either way. We havent touched the RoR dlc yet

Semisalis

Of course the mustering would have taken several days, maybe even weeks. The word of the summoning would have needed time to spread and then people would have to travel towards an agreed meeting place, such has the "campus martius". Of course int his case we are talking about a simple game mechanic meant to differentiate a faction from the other ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacurason View Post
    Precisely. The "angry citizens become an army and drive the foreigners off in a day" is a Hollywood-ism. Though I could see some ancient Greeks trying to boast about the greatness of the citizen soldier and dramatizing that a bit as well? Not sure.
    There is a vast difference between upper class trained citizens (hoplite phalanx) and simple poor farmers ofc

I think the mechanic in vanilla is there for balance and it spawns a 20 stack with 4 elite units, a couple of archers and the rest are poorly equipped rabble meant to symbolise the migrating youth of the Italic tribes. I've read a paper that said Ver Sacrum rites like these did actually take place where the youth would muster during March to transition into adulthood. Among the Samnites (and Sabines) this would also serve as an opportunity to arm these boys and send them migrating/invading in times of trouble.

Playing the DEI Samnite campaign without it is way too hard for me, maybe other players fare better. The Campanian Greeks start with three more cities than you and the Samnite roster is lacking all the buffs it has in vanilla.
    Last edited by Warzag1243; October 17, 2018 at 12:27 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"“If there is Paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, it is this." - Jahangir, Mughal Emperor

Sadly I dont think you can expect us to begin looking at solving bugs in the RoR campaign atm. The focus is on the beta patch.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Sadly I dont think you can expect us to begin looking at solving bugs in the RoR campaign atm. The focus is on the beta patch.

I haven't even played 10 turns with RoR yet.