Thread: Upgrading from 1.52 to 3.2

Tiro

Default Upgrading from 1.52 to 3.2

I dled the mod years ago and back then it required an overwrite of one of the Kingdoms expansions. I overwrote the Americas campaign. 3.2 says it goes right into the base Medieval II folder, so will I need to remove Americas from the mods folder or should it be fine to just run the TA shortcut after the install is over? I am installing onto a Steam download. Thanks folks!

Tiro

Default Re: Upgrading from 1.52 to 3.2

I've completely reinstalled Medieval 2, and have added the 3.2 patch. I needed to set Launch option in Steam to read --features.mod=mod/Third_Age_3 because the shortcut says Kingdoms.exe isn't there but playing from Steam using the Launch option works. While the initial screen loads up, it reads 3.2 at the bottom, but in the Options menu it reads 1.52 somehow. Is there anything in the gameplay that would prove 3.2 is what I'm playing? This was a totally clean install so I don't know how 1.52 is lingering in the options screen.

Ah well! I got Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 up and it too displays 1.52 in options while displaying 2.3 on the main menu. I'm confident nothing is affected by this. I'll just leave this tip, the Steam Launch options need to be deleted before using the Steam EBII shortcut provided after the install finishes.
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; October 22, 2018 at 09:23 PM.