Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Derc Plays Through World History

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Derc Plays Through World History (Current: Medieval II Kingdoms - Teutonic)

Poor Poland. At least it isn't Germans this time.

It's rare to see Lithuania remain pagan (at least in my experience with Teutonic). I don't know how the calculation goes, if it's just a 50/50 split or if the AI calculates its situation and makes a decision based on that. It would explain why they often go Catholic. Indeed the Teutons will prove to be quite the nuiscance I think. I played a campaign with them just recently and their troops are absolute beasts.

Stupid y Mongorians. Never trust a Mongorian.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Derc Plays Through World History (Current: Medieval II Kingdoms - Teutonic)

I was impressed that you negotiated a city from the Mongols - I should have guessed what they'd do afterwards! Generally, I like it when AI factions act like a human player, but I imagine this was fairly annoying.

The Mongols and the Tuetonic Order do seem worrying - it sounds like you're looking at your generals, Viking Raiders and Gun Holks, and thinking "they're not going to be enough". Maybe your secret weapon will be needed?

The last line in this update was without a doubt the best. I started laughing so loudly when I read "Gott im Himmel!" Unfortunately I don't have much time to give more commentary than that this week, but know that that line was comedy gold!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Campidoctor

Medieval 2: Total War
    Teutonic Campaign

--------------------------
    (Click to view)

No idea why, but the Mongols left L'vov without attacking it.
    It's still a problem. Since we are now at war, they will invade frequently, and recruit more units.

Good to have an ally on the other side to corner your enemy, though I doubt they will be of much help. They lost their capital to the exiled Danish.

Never autoresolve against a king. He will almost always survive, and you loose too many men in autocalc. I'm wiser now than I was when have taken that screenshot.

I admit I have grown somewhat lazy. It's something that always happens in midgame. The death of this noble guy has woken me up. Somewhat. He can be replaced. His troops can't.

Hooray, I actually got some units from a mission.

Never knew Gun Holks looked exactly like peasants from Rome 1.

⚙️ Authors Note - Technical
    Seriously, what was going on with CA here?

The Gun Holks are useless for us, since the Baltic Sea is safe. So we dismantle them.
    We can make better use of our money. Many new mercs ready for hire, including artillery!

Nooooo, not Gunnar Gunnarsson!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quite a Scandinavian crime drama, indeed.

I will have my revenge on the Germans eventually. First step is by etablishing the Hanse in Hamburg, making German history without the Germans.

Since units are so rare, one watches the development of offspring with joy.

Norway is doing fine so far. Poland is not. They will be gone soon.

1299 was the year when Oslo historically became the capital of Norway. So let's celebrate this by renaming Akershus to Oslo.

📕 History & Culture It was also only then when the construction of Akershus fortress started.

These Mongols field a lot of archers. I don't have the right troops to trample them down.

So why not just bribe them instead?

Worked for one army, didn't work for the other. Lucky enough, mercs arrived.

We now have Bluetooth access.

A mosque in this place feals surreal, but since the Golden Horde converted in the mid 14th century, and this century has just dawned, there is enough room for alternate history.

When pushing through Mongol lands, you are actually better off autoresolving against them instead of manually playing the battles, especially when they are full of horse archers. These dudes are a pain.
    At least in the open field. Not so much in cities. We just conquered their capital, Karakorum Kiev.

Poland is done.
    Norway has become the great master of the southern northern lands, and our troops are stretching extremely thin. What to do next?

Weekly dose of apetor

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegodsen View Post
    Having been in that Hotseat I can testify that Derc in a dress can be quite irresistible. To one of my generals, Vico the beautiful, may he rest in peace with his name remembered evermore, marriage to Derc was as inescapable as the plague. Derc was to blame for both. I'm not saying it was sexually transmitted I'm just implying it!
    Despite it was YOU who started the plague and kept it alive for several dozen turns. Later you won several GPOTWs with your Plague Tale pics. Then came Corona. it all adds up.

The Teutonic campaign will feature two wretched princesses too. But Prince Emund the Malevolent is prepared. He survived Welf. Vico didn't. RIP. #Unforgotten

Spoiler for Some background information for you guys who weren't there and are interested in what Cookie and I are rambling about (who would ever be interested in such things?)

As said before, a long time ago Cookie and me played a role playing Retrofit Hotseat with 16 other guys. He Milan, me Aragon (technically Portugal). In the latter half of the HS, I asked players if anyone would be interested in an Aragonese princess, thus engaging in some role play. It went like this:

- Derc: "Hey, I have two sweet Aragonese princesses to offer. Violante and Mor." *shows screenshot of princesses* "Anyone interested?"
    - Cookie: *show's screenshot of Vico the Beutiful* "I am."
    - Derc: "Haha, 'Vico the Beutiful'. That guy is handsome. But screw him. He is the consolation prize. I don't want to do RP with you this time. Let's see if some of the other guys here are actually willing to do some roleplaying, not just idle around."
    - Cookie: "Ok".
    - Derc: "...Anyone? Some RP?"
    - Derc: "At least give me some formal declines? Come on, don't just be silent!"
    *silence*
    - Derc: "Screw this."
    - Cookie: "Vico is still up for the offer "
    - Derc: "...Ok. But I am seriously disappointed in the other players"
    - *Vico the Beautiful and Violante marry*
    - Derc [RP]: "A wonderful couple has married. It shall from here on be known as ViVi." [secretly plotting stuff with Cookie that never came into fruition as he then left the HS a short while later]
    - *short while later*
    - Derc [to Cookie via chat]: "Vico got infected by the plague in some fort."
    - Cookie: "Whyyyy?"
    - Derc: "Out of sadness because you left. And to keep our plague alive that we once began to spread over ~50 turns ago."
    - Derc: "Don't worry. He will survive anyway"
    *Dies a turn later*
    - Cookie and Derc: ""
    - Cookie: ""
    - Derc: "Wait, I got an idea. Let's make something out of this."
    - Derc [RP]: "The Aragonese court is shaken by the loss of Vico the Beautiful. Struck from grief, Violante and her sister decided to make a pilgrimate, trying to find God and happiness in some far away land" [Ships princess off to Scotland, marries Scottish family member without Scottish player's consent, hires mercenaries, conquers Edinburgh, renaming it EdinCOOKIE, starting a giant civil war in the British Isles which leaves half the Isles in shambles]

HS fell apart over (general) drama and lack of players shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinsen View Post
    Poor Poland. At least it isn't Germans this time.
    It's still savage dudes with fair hair and blue eyes. Where's the difference?

It's rare to see Lithuania remain pagan (at least in my experience with Teutonic). I don't know how the calculation goes, if it's just a 50/50 split or if the AI calculates its situation and makes a decision based on that.
    Tbh I think it's just random, but I might be wrong.

Indeed the Teutons will prove to be quite the nuiscance I think. I played a campaign with them just recently and their troops are absolute beasts.
    Yes, Teutons vs Lithuania is just imbalanced. Luckily a savior with even more imbalance is around the corner this time.

Stupid y Mongorians. Never trust a Mongorian.
    Damn. Thanks to you I can't resist anymore. I have to post this clip:
    You stupid Mongorians!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwynsen View Post
    I was impressed that you negotiated a city from the Mongols - I should have guessed what they'd do afterwards! Generally, I like it when AI factions act like a human player, but I imagine this was fairly annoying.
    Yes. I think I might've learned a lot from these actions. It seems there are some factors for the AI that makes it recognize a settlement as 'their own'. If they lose it, no matter the reason, they might want to reconquer it. First the HRE, now the Mongolians, and the same behaviour in many other campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwynsen View Post
    The Mongols and the Tuetonic Order do seem worrying - it sounds like you're looking at your generals, Viking Raiders and Gun Holks, and thinking "they're not going to be enough". Maybe your secret weapon will be needed?
    Norway's secret is to be completely immune to freezing temperatures, as apetor proves. Aaahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilosen11 View Post
    The last line in this update was without a doubt the best. I started laughing so loudly when I read "Gott im Himmel!"
    I got the feeling the comment section has become an AAR on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilosen11 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have much time to give more commentary than that this week, but know that that line was comedy gold!
    No worries. Considering how long I need to comment in WiS and everywhere else...

When bribery and mercenaries are being used to defend your borders, and danger from large numbers of horse archers, it seems as if history is repeating itself, with Norway using strategies which the Eastern Roman Empire once used. Good update!

Need to make it quick, so three things:

1. I think Rome 1 peasants are stock for any unit that shouldn't be recruited/recruitable. It's CA's way of telling you you are doing something wrong. "Gun Holks? Nope. You get peasants, mister! And be glad we aren't calling the cops on you!"
    2. Skandinavian Crime Drama is the best thing I have seen all year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dercarsson
    Norway has become the great master of the southern northern lands
    That is an excellent sentiment!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

You know that in terms of security leaving bluetooth on is like leaving the gate wide open, but then again I'm sure you're counting on it. Also Ingeborg is likely a woman too lazy to change her haircut or name & just barely pretending to be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Campidoctor

Teutonic Campaign

(Click to view)

The Norwegian king is a pretty friendly man.

Friendliness stops when there are witches around. They convert the region to paganism. Usually no big deal but since we can't build religious stuff, it is. Sadly I can't do much with that spy against her.

The Mongols are still around, and, oh good lord, they amassed quite something around Minsk.

Upholding public order is really hard in this region, especially because of the religious penalty, which is higher than 100%. Good calculation, CA.

Doesn't matter. We can still take Mglin with a single pathethic General unit, and burn it down. This will ensure stability for some time.

Let's also kill some annoying rebels.

Finally an opponent Norway likes to fight against.

We have grown rich enough to bribe entire fullstacks.

Being handsome won't help him in this dark place. Homyel is about to get starved out soon. Always a classic.

I should be grateful for priests to come and help me convert the region. But this guy is a Lithuanian. Lithuanian Catholic priests... upset me.

⚙️ Authors Note - Technical If you double click fast enough on the unit while killing it, you can still open its detail page. It shows a deceased picture there. Hah.

Got some mercenaries with really good defense.

Mercenaries are awesome, as long as you avoid looking under their skirt.

Lithuania is getting owned by the Teutonic Order once again. I have little love for a weak ally.

They do not seem to like that. But what does it matter? They are doomed anyway. That's why I cancelled my alliance with them in the first place. To get their regions before the Teutons can do.

Poor guys. They've given their culture and their religion up, only to end up besieged and betrayed nonetheless.

What a lovely town. I'll make a great city out of it! It will be a hub full of sprawling life; a place that'll really shine.

Palms, Masjids, thieves, and rebellions in Minsk. Nothing new, even back then.

It is time to bring the sunset to the Mongols. Their time in the West is over.

One more gone, and even though it looks like Norway is dominating, the situation isn't as good as it looks. The new regions are hard to hold thanks to religious penalty, and the Teutonic Order is creating whole fullstacks on the fly. What are they on to?

Weekly dose of apetor

Quote Originally Posted by Alwynsson View Post
    When bribery and mercenaries are being used to defend your borders, and danger from large numbers of horse archers, it seems as if history is repeating itself, with Norway using strategies which the Eastern Roman Empire once used. Good update!
    Wait, you're right. Resorting to mercenaries, bribing, sabotaging, assassinating, hiring shady people... Norway has become the Roman Empire. Noooooo -rway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilosson11 View Post
    Need to make it quick
    Which proves DPTWH is a great hit and run AAR. Good to read on the toilet, in the bus, during lunch time or just anywhere where you (usually) do not linger around for long, thus allowing you to say: "Wait a moment, just need to immerse myself in some random part of human history and TW quirkyness for five minutes". Friends, colleagues, and spouses hate this trick!

1. I think Rome 1 peasants are stock for any unit that shouldn't be recruited/recruitable. It's CA's way of telling you you are doing something wrong. "Gun Holks? Nope. You get peasants, mister! And be glad we aren't calling the cops on you!"
    2. Skandinavian Crime Drama is the best thing I have seen all year!
    3. That is an excellent sentiment!
    1) Yes, but why do they hassle to include them into the file when it is completely empty otherwise? Why make Norway unplayable in the first place, when it is perfectly playable in the Britannia Campaign? We will never know.
    2) I found it recently, more by coincidence. I immediately had to include it. No questions asked. It was just too perfect, considering the name, the situation, and the coincidence itself.
    3) Yes! We are finally able to build equator snowmen

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesson View Post
    You know that in terms of security leaving bluetooth on is like leaving the gate wide open, but then again I'm sure you're counting on it. Also Ingeborg is likely a woman too lazy to change her haircut or name & just barely pretending to be a man.
    Being open is what modern Norway stands for.
    Last edited by Derc; March 13, 2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: formatting

You're gonna make Chornobyl a "shining" city? You are a bad man.

What you did to Lithuania... You are a bad man.

Trying to make us think there are palm trees in Minsk...

You are a bad man.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist of it

On a more serious note, I think that was the best Apetor yet
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Citizen

I regret the fact that the Mongols were harder to beat for you Derc when they weren't played by me

What Lithuanian culture, if you don't mind my racist asking?

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Content Emeritus

Rule number one of diplomacy: Noone is really your friend. Allies are to be used when needed and to be discarded when they become a liability. Honour and fairness will get you nowhere. Those Lithuanians had it coming. The weak never survive.

Meanwhile in Teuton lands: The Professional Gamer has logged on *Crusader chants intensify*

After they received a huge bribe, I wasn't expecting what happened to the Mongols next. Good luck with dealing with the witches and the Teutonic Order!

Campidoctor

Teutonic Campaign

(Click to view)

Attacking the Teutonic Order the pacifist way.
    Sometimes the pen is mightier than the sword, especially when aided by a superb diplomat, lots of money, and a ridiculous offer.

I already started sabotaging Teutonic settlements along the border. This now falls back to me. Just didn't expect to get such a good deal.

Always good to have time. The Lithuanians have none. It seems like their final hour has come.

So has the one of my king. Damn. Loved that kind-hearted bastard.

The next one has the potential to become just as kind, but it's a long road for him.

The Lithuanians still have plenty of Pagan guards for some reason. Most of them hide in a town with an unspellable name. That won't protect them from the Teutons, who came to them before I had the chance. Damn.

Nearly all of the Teuton armies are high quality. They make short process with the poor Lithuanians.

King Gustav is a bit sad that he cannot show the Lithuanians how kind he is, but at least he can show his own people. He is a very prudent man, caring a lot for everyone, especially for his own daughters. No one shall touch them. It's for their own good.

I want to test two things. I have more than enough generals. Let's see if I can still adopt units when I have princesses. Usually you can't. Let's also see what happens to these snobbish girls when they get refused over and over again.

Upholding civil order in the south is becoming a challenge, a even bigger one than actually fighting battles. The religious penalty is enormous when there is no chance to convert.

Only some debauchery can solve it. At least for a limited time.

After some tries, one of my assassins relieved the Lithuanians of their misery. Rest well, old friend.

But wait! A little Lithuanian village still stands! Let's include them in our realm! By force, of course, since that's cheaper and I have no diplomat around.

Somehow the battle in this little, insignificant region felt intense and emotional. Farewell, Lithuania. Thanks for the church.

Only now do we become the strongest faction - without ever having mustered a single man.

Purchased the glorious village of Dogshit or something like that.
    If this continues, I may be able to buy the entire Teutonic Order.

Oh no, the plague!

Oh no, another plague! Wait. I take that back. This is a prince out of a picture book! A worthy successor to King Gustav already! I love him!

The plague is actually a good thing in this scenario. It cripples your finances, but, thanks to reduced population, it also increases your public order in the long run. Guess what we need more?

Weekly dose of apetor

You're gonna make Chornobyl a "shining" city? You are a bad man.
    You got it. I'm just unable to resist these radioactive jokes. Couldn't do in the Rise of the Samurai campaign. Couldn't do it here.

What you did to Lithuania... You are a bad man.
    I dindo nuffin'! Norwegian princesses can confirm.

Trying to make us think there are palm trees in Minsk...
    There aren't? But it's the city of Lukashenko! If there are dictators, there need to be palms, tobacco, and all that stuff? Hm. That would explain why my merchants didn't find a tobacco resource over there. Would've been quite lucrative.

You are a bad man.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist of it
    I do. I got the vibes.

On a more serious note, I think that was the best Apetor yet
    apetor and serious? That does not match. apetor and pea soup on the other hand? Mhhhh. Ahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegodsson View Post
    I regret the fact that the Mongols were harder to beat for you Derc when they weren't played by me
    I had many horrible encounters with the Mongols. As an inexperienced kiddo in my first Medieval campaigns, in a Crusades Hotseat, in Broken Crescent, but I'm not lying when I say the encounter with you as the Mongols was the most nerve-wracking one, even though there were not many armies envolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegodsson View Post
    What Lithuanian culture, if you don't mind my racist asking?
    The one what made them stand out from the rest of Europe. Remaining Pagan, doing their own thing, and getting hunted down for it. And a little while after they finally gave in, Poland took over. Then the Russians. Poor guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinsson View Post
    Rule number one of diplomacy: Noone is really your friend. Allies are to be used when needed and to be discarded when they become a liability. Honour and fairness will get you nowhere. Those Lithuanians had it coming. The weak never survive.
    When I saw how they lost their last important city because of pure idiotism (having taken some really dumb moves), I just rolled my eyes and said goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinsson View Post
    Meanwhile in Teuton lands: The Professional Gamer has logged on *Crusader chants intensify*
    [PaganGods]Dievas has left the chat.

After they received a huge bribe, I wasn't expecting what happened to the Mongols next.
    That reads like a good clickbait. I want to include it in the quotes on the first page.

Good luck with dealing with the witches and the Teutonic Order!
    Which witches? The ones in the Baltic forests or the Norwegian princesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    That reads like a good clickbait. I want to include it in the quotes on the first page.
    Great, finally I've managed to give you a better quote than "I enjoyed this"!

If you liked that clickbait, there are plenty more where that came from.

10 Things You Don't Know About Killing Enemy Agents: The Last Death Ring You'll Ever Need!

This is What You Need to Do Before Hiring Expensive Mercenaries: This is How Diplomats Can Save Your Treasury!!

Why You Should Shoot the Enemy and Not the Floor: Like Dieter, You Can Now Point Your Crossbow in the Right Direction!!!

LIVE: Norway Buys Villages, May Soon Purchase Entire Teutonic Order!!!!

Why You Should Discover Norway's Greatest Secret Weapon: You Won't Believe the Secrets of Norwegian Princesses!!!!!

Content Emeritus

Aaaah Dokshitsy. I remember when I played my Teutonic campaign that I made an entire spin-off series for Nameisis of Dokshitsy (a Lithuanian diplomat). My friend and I found it so hilarious that we made an alternate universe for Nameisis to live in. Perhaps one day I'll post the writing here in the WS. It does need some polishing first though.

Tbh religious unrest should be way harder in base game than it is. A couple of turns converting and everything is okay. I always found the religious system in Med 2 a bit lacking. It would've been so cool if you could employ different strategies for dealing with religious groups. Like assimilation through force or concessions to other religious groups or the slow conversion of the population. Of course the engine was not build to support such a system but it's nice to dream.

Citizen

Derc after 5000 adoptions and dozens of spies and assassins: "iVe NevEr mUsterEd a sinGLe mAn"
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Aaaah Dokshitsy. I remember when I played my Teutonic campaign that I made an entire spin-off series for Nameisis of Dokshitsy (a Lithuanian diplomat). My friend and I found it so hilarious that we made an alternate universe for Nameisis to live in. Perhaps one day I'll post the writing here in the WS. It does need some polishing first though.

Tbh religious unrest should be way harder in base game than it is. A couple of turns converting and everything is okay. I always found the religious system in Med 2 a bit lacking. It would've been so cool if you could employ different strategies for dealing with religious groups. Like assimilation through force or concessions to other religious groups or the slow conversion of the population. Of course the engine was not build to support such a system but it's nice to dream.
    Well now even I want to hear about Nameisis of Dokshitsy! What do you mean the religious system is lacking when you can push catholicism in the entirety of egypt from 0% to over 90% in like 4 or 5 turns?!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Always good to have time. The Lithuanians have none. It seems like their final hour has come.
    Me seeing Derc has posted another update on this AAR:

Oh no, the plague!
    Where did you get that pic of me?

If this continues, I may be able to buy the entire Teutonic Order.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Campidoctor

Teutonic Campaign

(Click to view)

Hunting down a few more rebels in the morning, training generals and stuff. If the plague won't get them, Norway will.

Now we got the confirmation: Sweden is the door to hell.

The plague does its grim thing. As if the Baltic wasn't a dark enough place already.

A plague doesn't stop humanity from waging war. It never will. It never did. The exiled Danes learn it the hard way, being attacked by two factions at the same time. Nay, three! Let Norway join in on the fun!

Hm. That wasn't what we expected.

A storm is coming for the Danes, and also Denmark. Two completely different things nowadays.

Perhaps if we find out where the waves come from, we can do something against them.

Best time for a sea battle, I'd say! Dragon Boat beats Dragon Boat. The only sea battle we had to fight in this campaign, and it was an heroic victory. Nice.
    I find it racist that the description only tells about Danish Dragon boats. We have just seen who got the quality ships.

Reached turn 100, and it begins to show. It seems old age becomes a bigger problem than the plague itself. Just 2020 things.

Novgorod got their city back and the old score between Norway and Denmark has finally been settled. In this universe, Norway KalmarUnion'd you!

We found a rogue trebuchet in the woods, named Rudolf Ritter. Quite an odd name for a trebuchet. It made me have an idea.

The Teutonic Order has lots of armies wandering around, many smaller of them being artillery mostly . Lets bribe them off and place them strategically...

Oh, hello Marco!

...and once artillery and armies have been placed, attack the Teutons on all fronts, giving these Germans some of their own taste. Blitzkrieg!

📝 Authors Note If I would have to decide today, I would just have continued buying the TO. But back then, in 2019, I thought this would be too gamey. A good opportunity given away.

There's a Teuton army that proves to be a challenge. Encircling them did not work.

Their troops are also something entirely different compared to what we had to face so far.

Seriously, the Teutons are a bit too unbalanced. No wonder Lithuania got wiped like that.

The Teutonic Order is quickly losing ground. The goal is to take all their cities asap while avoiding their armies as best as possible. When there are no towns left, they will all disband.
    Good job, Snorri. You just ed up.

The Teutons actually fight back - and actually took the city instead of leaving it, like the HRE, Poland and the Mongols did.
    King Gustav couldn't believe it and died of a heart attack. All hail King Jesper!

The mighty Teutonic Order got cut down to only Latvia in just five turns. I have to hurry it, or they will...

...attack. Ok, ok. They shall come. We are safe behind our walls. Haha!

*gulp*

Weekly dose of apetor

All it needs for two worlds to collide is a gateway

Great, finally I've managed to give you a better quote than "I enjoyed this"!
    If you liked that clickbait, there are plenty more where that came from.
    10 Things You Don't Know About Killing Enemy Agents: The Last Death Ring You'll Ever Need!

This is What You Need to Do Before Hiring Expensive Mercenaries: This is How Diplomats Can Save Your Treasury!!

Why You Should Shoot the Enemy and Not the Floor: Like Dieter, You Can Now Point Your Crossbow in the Right Direction!!!

LIVE: Norway Buys Villages, May Soon Purchase Entire Teutonic Order!!!!

Why You Should Discover Norway's Greatest Secret Weapon: You Won't Believe the Secrets of Norwegian Princesses!!!!!
    I love you, Alwyn!

Need to C that.

It can always be worse. I remember converting many regions within a few ingame days back then in EU3. Some of them I sold to rivals with another faith, and it kept spawning religious zealots of my religion for decades.

Derc after 5000 adoptions and dozens of spies and assassins: "iVe NevEr mUsterEd a sinGLe mAn"
    I was very careful with my choice of words. Do agents get 'mustered'? No. ...Well ok, yes . But not in a military sense.

Well now even I want to hear about Nameisis of Dokshitsy! What do you mean the religious system is lacking when you can push catholicism in the entirety of egypt from 0% to over 90% in like 4 or 5 turns?!
    Background information for you guys: in that Hotseat mentioned before, Cookiegod, as Milan, landed a ship with over a dozen priests, including cardinals, in Egypt and mass converted everything. Surreal experience.

Lets have Nameisis of Dokshitsy meet with Archilochus of Abdera (agent from the Alexander campaign), Vico the Beautiful, Prince King Jesper, and Ampithoe (agent from unshown Rome II Grand Campaign). Add in Welf and some others, and we have our inside Game of Thrones. Let's have Captain Bagabuxsha (also from the Alexander campaign) as the villain!

Quote Originally Posted by Athelstansson View Post
    Me seeing Derc has posted another update on this AAR:
    Where did you get that pic of me?
    I would come back with a witty comment, but the Norway experience has left me speechless.
    Last edited by Derc; April 05, 2021 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Happy Easter, y'all.

Despite the Great Plague, the Great Drowning and the great alliance of Denmark and the Teutonic Order, it's good to see Norway bravely defying - and occasionally buying - their enemies.

Poor Snorri, and Gustav - and anyone standing too close to that wall. Good luck against the Teutons!

Content Emeritus

Christ ist erstanden
    von der Marter alle!
    Des solln wir alle froh sein,
    Christ soll unser Trost sein.
    Kyrioleis.

Good luck Derc