Thread: Worth Purchasing?

Default Worth Purchasing?

Hi everyone
    My interest is British history, and the campaign map for this game looks brilliant. I was wondering, with the addition of the Radious mod, is this game worth purchasing or should I wait for a sale?

thanks

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Worth Purchasing?

depends what you're looking for. I've bought it before a sale but after the patch - I think it's quite bug-free, mature game that won't change much in the future unless modders come and modify them. I've written a review, it might help you to decide.
    You may also try The Last Kingdom mod to the Medieval 2 TW.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Mostly depends how big game you want. If you want just to buy core game and expect to aquire more content later, there is none for ToB unlike for R2/Attila/WH. ToB should be consired expansion to Attila and for such DLC/expansion there is enough content to justify it. And unlike Wh and partially R2, factions and units are not so different. In R2 you have at elast a lot of chariots, phalangs, elephants, naval combat...in Wh whole faction are completely different things with unique rosters..

But if you like FotS or Age of Charlemage or even whole Napoleon TW, ToB would be great!

Why I speak about such general things and not Radious? Because core game, DLCs usually set pace how much things the modders can work with. At the moment I´m quite enjoying ToB without any major overhaul to get the Vanilla feeling. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

No.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Why I speak about such general things and not Radious? Because core game, DLCs usually set pace how much things the modders can work with. At the moment I´m quite enjoying ToB without any major overhaul to get the Vanilla feeling. :-)
    Ι would also suggest a Vanilla run, so to understand the game mechanics better and learn it's curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    No.
    Further elaboration would be helpful for the OP.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 03, 2018 at 06:21 AM.

Yes. Get it.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers