Thread: Oblique Movement in Modern Total War Games

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Default Oblique Movement in Modern Total War Games

The old Total War games before Empire gave a player the ability to perform oblique troop movements by holding down the alt button. Does anyone know if there is a way to perform oblique movement in the games from Empire on? It really sucks when committing a flanking movement, when your troops swing around through your main battle line and expose their flank to the enemy.

Edit: Even in Medieval 2 I think you can't move obliquely. Why would you get rid of such a cool feature?
    Last edited by SlartyBartfast; February 11, 2020 at 03:34 AM.
    "Huh?"

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oblique Movement in Modern Total War Games

I'm gonna have to refer to your sig on that one. I could have sworn every game lets you not only alt and guide the path of units, but also do the same and adjust the positions they end up in with click/drag. I'm not aware of another function, or I've forgotten it.

Default Re: Oblique Movement in Modern Total War Games

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Majora View Post
    I'm gonna have to refer to your sig on that one. I could have sworn every game lets you not only alt and guide the path of units, but also do the same and adjust the positions they end up in with click/drag. I'm not aware of another function, or I've forgotten it.
    y co
    Pretty cool and awesome.