Thread: Selecting Machine gun bunker causes game to crash every time

Default Selecting Machine gun bunker causes game to crash every time

Hey, so I recently started to play the mod, installed and everything worked fine playing the campaign. Im trying to play a campaign battle that has machine gun bunkers in my stack, and selecting them causes the whole game to crash. In general my battles only crash when the enemy or myself has these in the army.

Already tried validating files in steam, scoured the internet to see if anyone had a solution before posting here...

any ideas?

(win 10, 16gb ram, gtx1060 6gb)

Default Re: Selecting Machine gun bunker causes game to crash every time

looks like this place is inactive and dead... might as well talk to myself then heh. I tried the mod on my windows 7 machine thinking maybe its a windows 10 problem but nope. Selecting machine gun bunkers in campaign battle or custom battle causes the game to freeze, then CTD...

I'm not in the team but i have played it a lot...and i think that your are not the problem.
    It's a game of napoleonic wars so with all new models,i think the game can crash easily and the bunkers are a bit bugged i had it too it's for this reason i deleted them and just used machine gun!i played with all graphics in medium and high just for textures of soldiers because i love these textures....
    they are working as i see on a new big new patch with new models,bug fixes,...we just have to wait.
    even we have bug in the game(can crash randomly in battle,crash with bunkers,ai a bit stupid,...) i'm sure it's the best mod of total war game ever because we have to remind that it's a game of napoleonic wars and they changed everything for ww1 it's magic,implemented new models,firearms,tanks,real ww1 guns,etc
    Last edited by elinath; September 29, 2018 at 02:48 AM.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Ive heard of this issue but i havent had it myself. Ill have to do some testing to see if its happening on my end as well.

I confirm this. In both singleplayer and multiplayer battles, I've had crashes because of the bunkers. I'm saying it's because of the bunkers because in any other battles that there are no bunkers in it, there is no crash.

awesome thanks for the information guys, was beginning to think it was just the luck of the draw with some obscure problem on my end. I'll keep looking around. Thanks again!

After troubleshooting for an hour with different shader model version 3.0 (high), version 3.0 (low), windowed, full screen, single monitor, multi-monitor, driver updates, disabling av. This bunker problem still exists. Bunkers in general are causing problems, so I must ban them or risk CTD against AI or against human.

Quote Originally Posted by misterbull View Post
    After troubleshooting for an hour with different shader model version 3.0 (high), version 3.0 (low), windowed, full screen, single monitor, multi-monitor, driver updates, disabling av. This bunker problem still exists. Bunkers in general are causing problems, so I must ban them or risk CTD against AI or against human.
    Same, I could never get it to work :[ do you know a simple way to remove the bunkers? I've been itching to play a total war game again but I'm tired of RII and have no interest in 3k.

EDIT* removed bunkers from the game.
    Last edited by Sidious; December 05, 2019 at 01:46 PM.