Thread: Interface sounds not rebuilding

Default Interface sounds not rebuilding

So I've added De Bello Mundi units and sounds to my mod, I've extracted DBM sound files to rebuild as the units in the battlefield where saying vanilla stuff, however all interface sound vanished, every other sounds seems to be working correctly (battle sounds, environment, events, attacking orders, etc) it's just the sounds when clicking on buttons, menu, buildings, end turn, etc that are muted. All SFX in De Bello Mundi is supposed to come from vanilla I think. I have all the 39 txt sound files in my mod data folder and looking at descr_sounds_generic it seems to link to the right sounds. Any idea on what am I missing? Another thing that isn't working is the pre battle speech but I didn't look into that yet. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Interface sounds not rebuilding

same problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coeur de Lion View Post
    same problem here
    Hello, my problem was the pre battle stuff as it had factions didn't exist in my mod. What happened is that the game would crash when trying to launch but at 2nd attempt it would work but some sounds would get messed up. With time I started to understand the log well and figured out the issue. Btw you don't need to delete the sounds files for the voices, only voices and events files.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 31, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

"Hello, my problem was the pre battle stuff as it had factions didn't exist in my mod. What happened is that the game would crash when trying to launch but at 2nd attempt it would work but some sounds would get messed up. With time I started to understand the log well and figured out the issue. Btw you don't need to delete the sounds files for the voices, only voices and events files."

Hello, i do have the very same issue in two mods. It does CTD when trying to launch it, then it will work on the second try, but with all the menu sound etc gone.

Would you care to go into more detail about the pre-battle stuff? What files exactly? Because i most likely have the same issue.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    "Hello, my problem was the pre battle stuff as it had factions didn't exist in my mod. What happened is that the game would crash when trying to launch but at 2nd attempt it would work but some sounds would get messed up. With time I started to understand the log well and figured out the issue. Btw you don't need to delete the sounds files for the voices, only voices and events files."

Hello, i do have the very same issue in two mods. It does CTD when trying to launch it, then it will work on the second try, but with all the menu sound etc gone.

Would you care to go into more detail about the pre-battle stuff? What files exactly? Because i most likely have the same issue.
    Sorry only now I've checked this thread again, you probably already figured it out but the file I meant was export_descr_sounds_prebattle