HD Cities Mod For Rome 2

Here are the links for the mod:

Newest version
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4378

Other links:

Also Newest Version:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1515544433

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-cities-for-rome-ii

If you REALLY can't make the Steam of ModDB version work, get the zip file here:
    https://mega.nz/#!iXhWUAYQ!1zUr1OvA6...8MJVYVGmDWzMTQ

unzip, and place the two files in the ROme 2 "data" folder", and they check when you start the game that the mod it active in the mod manager. BUT PLEASE use steam if you can.

The mod takes the very low resolution texture atlases of the campaign map cities and replaces them with high resolution texture atlases that are made to fit pixel perfectly (to avoid weird artifacts when the structures are rendered).

I will update other structures on the map, that are not landscape. I will start with the tiles/mosaics under most cities and settlements, but there are so many of them, as they are use to indicate the growth of settlements/cities, but in time I will have them all updated. With all the work being done be so many people, at some point, all of Rome 2 is HD :-)

I hope you enjoy and please comment

Phazer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails With HD Cities 4.jpg  
    Last edited by phazer; October 06, 2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: HD City Mod For Total War: Rome 2

Yes, please! I've been trying to download your mod from Steam Workshop but nothing seems to be working. Subscribing does nothing and not even Steam Workshop Downloaders work. I'd highly appreciate a .rar version of your mod (along with your Dust - Enhanced Particles mod) <3 Thank you so much for your work!

Civis
    Artifex

Steam should work,I have tried to attach it here, but I can't. The site will not accept .rar or .zip files over 10 mb for me. I will try mega.nz
    In the meantime you should go back to Steam Workshop, make sure you are subscribed to the mod, and then when you start Rome 2 then click on "Mod Manager" (not the program ModManager, but the button next to "play" in the Total War launcher) in the launcher, find the mod and make sure it active (green box, left upper corner).
    That is first thing you try. If you CAN't find it anywhere in "Mod Manager" then write here again, and I will try to find a solution.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 04, 2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Moved thread to the Rome II mods section.

As for your download, you could upload it to TWC's download section if it's not too big a file (nothing over 100mb I believe), otherwise an external download is needed.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Seen this mod in Wars of the Gods mod yesterday, lovely aesthetic detail and certainly brightens up the builidngs on campaign map! well done.

Great job buddy
    +rep

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks, I will, but how do I enter the competition?

Nothing. Seems like there's something wrong with my rig in regards to its compatibility with R2's Mod Manager. Not the first time I'm having problems with Steam Workshop, too. It can't even download CS:GO custom maps. I'd appreciate any help you can provide Thank you so much!

Civis
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    Seen this mod in Wars of the Gods mod yesterday, lovely aesthetic detail and certainly brightens up the builidngs on campaign map! well done.
    Yes, well I have them my permission, I am sort of a freelance member of the group that makes that mod

I cannot get to upload because I my account "level" is too low. Can't some admin/moderator fix that, make my level high enough to upload? I am a very active modder with just short of 14,000 active subscribers, people in this thread want the files of my mod, I and would love to upload it. And I would very much prefer to upload it on THIS page, so I can contribute to content of the site and follow the upload, it is only 10-30 mb. Can anyone please please bump me up, or at least give me permission to upload?

Thanks in advance
    phaze

Quote Originally Posted by RLTYProds View Post
    Nothing. Seems like there's something wrong with my rig in regards to its compatibility with R2's Mod Manager. Not the first time I'm having problems with Steam Workshop, too. It can't even download CS:GO custom maps. I'd appreciate any help you can provide Thank you so much!
    Friend me on Steam and I will help you, if anyone needs help just friend me on Steam.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 04, 2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

That's very kind of you! But I already sorted things out. Borrowed a laptop and downloaded the mod there and then transferred it to my main rig. I have no idea why it doesn't directly download on my rig. Anyways, thank you very much! I don't know how, but playing with your mod activated makes the whole experience better :3

Civis
    Artifex

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

@phazer1980
    Excellent and much needed modification.
    You should have message me to edit your first post instead of making an identical thread though.
    I'll merge your 2 threads and edit your first post adding the download link. After 25 posts here, you'll be able to edit it by yourself.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 04, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Thank you, I just with I could see how many are actually getting the mod from THIS page

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by phazer1980 View Post
    Thank you, I just with I could see how many are actually getting the mod from THIS page
    No problem. I have also edited you opening post a bit. You could change it to your liking after a few more posts.

Civis
    Artifex

You can now download it from here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4378

I actually prefer you download from there

Nothing. Seems like there's something wrong with my rig in regards to its compatibility with R2's Mod Manager. Not the first time I'm having problems with Steam Workshop, too. It can't even download CS:GO custom maps. I'd appreciate any help you can provide
    Extract both files into your "data" folder, it is most often:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data

Put both the .pack and the .png there, in that folder

Then start Rome 2 FROM Steam, not with the shortcut, then in the mod manager somewhere, you should see "HD Cities" (maybe you shall click ">" for next page a few times) and over the text a picture of a city from the game with the text "HD Cities". Make sure you that it is enabled, so the checkbox in the corner is green (checked), and then start the game. Then it HAS to work

Why does the thread disappear from my panel?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 21, 2018 at 03:58 AM.

Superb work congratulations.

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If we download it from TWC in which folder do we place it?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Civis
    Artifex

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data

And the make sure it is enabled in Rome 2's Mod Manager