Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again! [OP Updated - 10/05/18]

Default Re: Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again! [OP Updated - 10/05/18]

Hey team, I got together a sigbar for this project, and personally I quite like it. I didn't end up using the ideas you suggested Alwyn, but only because I couldn't decide which images in particular to include or how to compose them. I hope what I have here is still something to your liking though.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'd like to add it into my signature, but will wait until I get some feedback from contributors here, as I think it would be cool for those of us taking part to have the same sigbar in use, just to sort of band us together as it were.
    Last edited by Kilo11; October 29, 2018 at 02:56 PM.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again! [OP Updated - 10/05/18]

I like it too! The colours and content draw my attention to the name. The letters 'N' and 'S' look slightly faded, however the title Genesis of Empires is easy to read and the fading of some letters makes me think of ancient scrolls with fading writing, which might be exactly the impression that you'd like to create.

Well, the fading is really due to me being a bit of a newb with graphic design things, but if it works with the theme here then yeah, I meant it that way . Given that someone else also thinks it's nice, I think I might start putting it in use. However, if anyone still has suggestions, critiques, or alternate designs, I'd love to hear them.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I see there are some new additions, my next one is all ready in the mind and only needs to be typed.

Will update the index unless someone beats me to it.

Could we decide on the sigbar and start using it? I'll probably update my sig this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Could we decide on the sigbar and start using it? I'll probably update my sig this weekend.
    I'd also like to put it into use soon. Maybe we could agree to wait till Saturday night or something, to wait and see if there are any suggestions from anyone here, and if none come forward, then start implementing the sigbar the end of this weekend? Thoughts?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I'd also like to put it into use soon. Maybe we could agree to wait till Saturday night or something, to wait and see if there are any suggestions from anyone here, and if none come forward, then start implementing the sigbar the end of this weekend? Thoughts?
    Sounds good!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

May I join in?

Default Re: Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again!

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys, given the fact that I've no knowledge of techniques of poetry. I am definitely look forward to good participation.

I just tried that and what an idea. Looking forward to some writings from your end too.
    #

Thank you for the idea M_1512!

Yes I just use music to suit the theme of what I'd write. It really immerses you into the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    May I join in?
    Hell's to the yeah San Felipe! As the glorious floating heads say in Rick and Morty: "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!"
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Of Sagas and Epics |------

Write of the mighty heroes of old, their struggles and
    labors
    !

Thanks Kilo!

My take on Egyptian mythology - correct me! It's a mixture of other stuff. I'm doing a God of War approach where it showed that Tyr was meeting the other realms of Gods. I've always believed that all the Gods are aware of each other, so there must have been some sort of cross wide connection, haha. Still a different mix.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mehemet carried his shield, holding tightly his spear. Walking through the eternal fields of the mystical land of the Gods, he breathed heavily. When Ramesses mentioned that he'd be walking through the Duat and onto the Heavens of the Gods, the warrior would have laughed at his face. The sky was full of milk. And he walked on a bridge made of gold. The stars shone like bright golden ear-rings. Looking down below, the empty void represented the colourful galaxies of this world. Mehemet's mission was clear. To find the land of Punt and re-establish contact. Egypt was in dire straits with the Hittites and the Assyrians threatened to overthrow Egypt into chaos. Ramesses could not allow this. Thereby he had sent his best warrior to help Egypt in a time of need and want.

He breathed deeper, knowing that the last obstacle in his path was Apep. The eater of souls. The snake slithered from the sky of Nut before slowly emerging into a vast dump of chaos. The snake began to over-tower the warrior until he could no longer see the giant above him. Mehemet gripped his shield and stopped. The cackle of Apep erupted into the sky, causing ripples of unimaginable magnitudes. Mehemet gasped in horror, seeing the mistreatment of Nut. He only wished that Ra the Sun God would arrive soon.

'Did you think I would let a mortal pass through the last gate of Heaven? Never. Until Ra's creation is mine mortal, I will never rest until I take back what was mine!'

Mehemet gulped.

The snake lowered it's ugly head to the warrior. 'Fear. I sense it. Why did Ra create beings of such cowardice?' The snake tutted before it roared into the air and went straight to Mehemet.

Mehemet raised his shield, ducking under it. Instantly, a giant ball of fire slapped into the serpent's head. The serpent hissed. The flying ball of fire went back and forth, ripping through the serpent's body. The serpent howled, before laughing slowly. It's skin regenerating. The ball of fire exploded, unveiling a tall figure floating in the sky. A Monkey, dressed in a suit far from Mehemet's imagination. Wearing a golden crown, holding a golden staff, the Monkey swung his staff across the snake, creating whirlwinds of tornadoes that rotated the giant serpent-like a toy.

The Monkey turned to the Snake withering on the galaxy. 'Listen up! Do you know who I am?'

Apep cursed. 'No, I don't you insolent monkey! One thing is clear to me. Those from not these realm should never come into the realm of Ra's creation!'

The Monkey cackled. 'Ha! Ha! You would dare mock me? I am Sun-Wu-Kong! The Monkey King! I defied the Heavens when they treated me badly. I'm a demon! But a benevolent one. Dare you to cross my wrath serpent, and I will thrust you down Ra's throat!'

Apep roared. 'Come then Monkey! I'll be happy to eat your corpse!'

The Monkey flashed a grin before whooshing straight to the golden bridge where Mehemet stood, shocked. The Monkey Kung grabbed his staff and whacked straight at Mehemet. Mehemet flew into the air screaming before landing onto a phoenix. The Monkey King appeared in front of him as the Phoenix rushed down towards the galaxy.

Mehemet buckled under the weight of the wind. 'What are you?'

The Monkey King, leaning alone on his staff cleaned his ears. 'Didn't you hear me? Sun-Wu-Kong! The Monkey King!'

Mehemet fell onto the wings before the Monkey King's tail swiped him back. Mehemet gasped. 'The Monkey King?'

The Monkey King smirked. 'I'd have thought I'd be more famous by now. I'm going to have increased my reputation then. Now to me Mehemet! Watch how real Gods fight!'

The Monkey King cackled louder than before, jumping into the sky. Throwing his staff into the air, the staff possessed a life of its own. The sky turned golden. The Monkey King shot further into the sky. The storm behind Apep rumbled with darkness and chaos, humongous like a wave of ninety metres. The staff crackled and broke, expanding longer and longer and longer. Until it was so huge that its length was eight hundred and twenty-eight metres. The Monkey King whooshed down, before holding it in his arms. The Monkey King let out a loud roar and shoved the staff straight towards Apep. Mehemet's eyes widened. The Monkey King released the staff, whooshing into the air. He landed straight on the staff hurtling its way throughout the heavens. The Monkey King cackled, running across the staff as wind and speed hurtled passed him. Apep's mouth opened, letting out a huge wave of fire. The staff disintegrated, breaking into little pieces as it went through Apep's mouth. The Monkey King jumped and descended down into the galaxy. Before rising up again, he thrust himself into a torando surrounding the snake.

The tornado whirled and blinded Apep's vision. The Monkey King appeared back and forth, cutting through Apep's body. The Monkey King whacked at the serpent's eye. He trudged through smoke and fire, jumping back and forth, summoning his staff to do the bidding. At one point, he walked through the tail of the serpent, using his staff to build a wall of lava across the cold body of the serpent. The serpent yelled before thrashing back. The serpent whacked the Monkey King with his tail. The Monkey King squealed in delight before being flung into the faraway galaxies never to be seen again. Apep turned on the phoenix, saliva dripping from his mouth.

In a sudden slow motion, the Monkey King thrust into Apep's face, his fist punching the eye of Apep. The serpent's shocked expression was too much for Mehemet. The Monkey King smiled, before rising in the air.

Apep screamed. 'What do you want you insolent monkey? Why can't you leave me alone? I have no quarrel with you.'

The Monkey King laughed. 'Demon! I am the King of Monkeys! Though I may be of evil, that doesn't mean I have to be. You are a curse upon this world! I shall thrust you into the fires of damnation!'

The Monkey King transformed into a million figures standing and floating in the sky. All of them laughed and cackled. The Monkey King thrust down towards Apep. Like flies, the clones of the Monkey King attacked the serpent. Kicking, attacking, stabbing, throwing huge chunks of the body. The Monkey King materialized his staff out of nowhere. The staff resumed its normal size, eight hundred and twenty-eight metres. The Monkey King raised it high in the air, and brought the descending crown of his glory over the Serpent's head.

The Serpent squealed in fear, trying to retreat. But the clones of the Monkey King did not let him move. Time and time again, they laughed and attacked as if he were a mere plaything. The Staff crushed into the body of Apep. Mehemet could not believe what he had just witnessed. The eater of souls, lay in the cloud as a pile of black ash. Something wasn't right.

The Monkey King booed at the ashes of the snake. 'Did you really think you'd last long demon? I'm Sun-Wu-KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!' He screamed in triumph.

A sudden rumbling jerked the Monkey King. He turned to see the giant snake over-towering him. 'Did you think I'd let you win? Your powers mean nothing to me, Monkey King!'

The Monkey King nervously chuckled. 'Heh...that was just a formality....run!!!!!' He whooshed out of sight. The snaked rumbled through the clouds back and forth. 'You can't run Monkey King! I can see your mind.'

Mehemet could only see the black coils of the snake covering the cloud like an evil descending on the goodness of nature. The Monkey King had disappeared. He didn't know what to do. Invoking Ra, he asked him to come.

Out of nowhere, the clouds turned into darkness. The Monkey King stood in the middle of the sky, floating. A huge solar barge entered from the sky. Ra himself had appeared. The Monkey King jumped to the solar barge and bowed. Ra and the Monkey King shook hands, as they transformed into a giant metal being. Half monkey, half bird. The giant metal being jumped into the air, glowing with as much radiance as it could. Summong both the staff of Ra and the Monkey King, it chopped the giant snake into half. The giant metal being distingerated. The Monkey King thrust the body of the snake into the Duat. Ra stabbed his knife into the snake's head. The pain of Apep's roar widened with fear before succumbing into his injuries.

Mehemet was shaking by the time he saw Ra and the Monkey King smiling at him. They stood on the golden bridge.

Ra smiled. 'Did you see a show worthy of the Gods?'

Mehemet nodded.

The Monkey King cackled. 'The poor mortal didn't know what to do!'

Mehemet pointed at him. 'How...did he come here?'

Ra chuckled. 'What else do you think? Alliances. Like my creation does. The Monkey King is a legendary figure. Never dis-respect him.'

'I shall not.'

'He will travel with you to the Land of Punt. Take his dragon.'

Mehemet turned to see a golden dragon, of a different colour, of a different look staring right at him.

The Monkey King slapped Mehemet's back. 'Don't worry. He's a great pet.'

Mehemet gulped.

There was a Warhammer 3 map called Genesis Of Empires. Gods, was it complicated. I never got my head around how to play that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12