Thread: Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again! [OP Updated - 10/05/18]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Genesis of Empires - an old dusty project brought out again! [OP Updated - 10/05/18]

Hey all, I am bringing out on of my very old writing projects. This is almost 3-4 years old, and thought to blow off some dust from it. I'll keep adding to it as and when time permits.

Back then, I had originally intended this to be a community project of building out a whole writing world. But for some reason, no one seemed interested there and I now think that to some degree, I might not have been welcoming enough. But I am now putting this up as final hope to work with many fantastic writers in building a writing universe. I'll put out some of my initial writings to see if there is any interest.

The Index
    Of Ballads and Songs
    ------| Of Ballads and Songs |------
    Write of the old ballads, the songs, or even war chants of the yore!

1. Chant of the North
    2. Song of the Drako
    3. Dushara's Promise

Of Legends and Lore
    ------| Of Legends and Lore |------
    Write of the old legends, the lore, or even the roots and beginnings!

1. Biography of Suregemai

Of Sagas and Epics
    ------| Of Sagas and Epics |------
    Write of the mighty heroes of old, their struggles and labors!

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    (M, did you want there to be a link to the previous thread? Even if you want to start the writing again from scratch, I thought your old OP was a helpful explanation of what's expected of people. )
    Yeah, I did not want to bring that up since it was a failed project, and wanted to make a fresh start. The expectation is very simple, to explore the depths of your creativity and write to heart's content. This is pure writing for the pleasure of it, it will be all open with no onehoarding creativity but sharing it, and thereby enhancing it by new levels of perception. The only expectation is to be respectful of other's contribution and not break it for others. For one, the theme I've envisioned so far is that of Archaic-History Fantasy with Mystical elements. Anything blends well with this sort of theme except sci-fi or modern technology. That said, I don't want to be a dictator about it, and like to see some bouts of creativity from others. So you can create any civilization inspired by real ones, or even one from pure imagination. Once someone updates a piece here, I'll update the Index.
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; October 05, 2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Update