Thread: Why this game is so freaking hard??

Default Why this game is so freaking hard??

So, i've discovered Total War brand fee months ago. I've started with M2TW and i play it for a lot of time and I got the first victory. Now I've started playing Shogun 2 and, well, that's a lot harder for me. Here the moral of the troops and the environment play an important role. Everything is a lot more complex and hard even at easy level. I tried all the easy factions like Shimazu and Chosokabe but about the 1560 everyone declares war to me and attacks me with huge armies and literally I get destroyed in about 10 turns. I really care about research trying to balance chi and busido paths. I always have surplus of food and never low moneys. So, what I'm doing so wrong? Can you give me some tips please? And, I'm the only one who thinks this game is so punitive??

Inviato dal mio MYA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Why this game is so freaking hard??

You need to make trade agreements and non aggression pacts or defensive alliance make friends not enemies. Watch out who you make alliances with cause you do not want to piss off your neighbor factions.

Another thing I've noticed: it's just an impression or there is very short time to get Kyoto? For example: Shimazu must get Kyoto, the south island and 25 provinces before 1580. How can I get a so fast expansion?
    I have another question. I told that I've always money. That's about 1500 money do turn and ok, that's not so bad but, with these money I can't get any strong army that's not composed of Ashigaru. Why??? My economy doesn't sucks that much and I think I've done the right choices to build a strong economy but why it's not so strong?? It's possible that no trading with other clans makes your economy sucks??

Inviato dal mio MYA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk

Miles

I know this is about 5 months too late, but in case you are still playing/interested and haven't stumbled across some tips yet...

-Ashigaru are the only unit type you should be investing in early on to establish your domain- particularly yari and bows. (generals when you can afford it)
    -Acquire the best lands around you for yourself (fertile, mines, smiths, etc). Turn the crap lands into vassals who will be forced to trade with you and pay the upkeep of their own troops.
    -As the game progresses and you acquire more and better land and can create more income from trade, Metsuke, and growth, you'll open the door to being able to afford better units.
    -Get a smith and craftwork and make it where you build the bulk (or all) of your melee and bows respectively.
    -Ignore ships unless you can afford it relative to just taking more territory. (or if you want to play a naval game)

There's some gimmicky stuff you can do to game the AI with selling access if you really want, but with just the stuff above you should be able to handle anything on Normal/Hard.