Thread: RTR8 4.0 compared to RSIII

Civis

Default RTR8 4.0 compared to RSIII

Can someone explain to me the biggest core differences between these seemingly great mods. I've had experience with RS but never RTR. What should I expect?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RTR8 4.0 compared to RSIII

There are some differences but the best way to understand them is to play RTR 8 v4.0.2 it is quite unique in the same way RS is
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I really struggle with this one. However, I would say the RTR v4.0.2 seems to present more of a challenge, in terms of economy and the economic mechanics seem easier to understand. In my RS3 campaign, I seem to make plenty of money from the beginning, without really knowing why. This is not the case with RTR v4.0.2, where I was scraping by and having to really think about my finances. On the battle side of things, both are great, and battles last a decent length of time. RS3 seems heavier, in terms of performance, according to my experience.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

RS looks amazing, but it's like a board game with live plastic soldiers, RS units are too baroque to our taste. We prefer Webbird's/RTRPE/vanilla mix of unit design, with darker and less saturated textures as we see it as somewhat more "realistic".
    Also RS forces the player to constantly fight big fullstack battles each turn (like SPQR mod) which is not the case here.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Civis

Too vanilla for me, good work though.
    Last edited by OJ33DA; September 27, 2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Clarification