Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Indication For Future Content?

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Indication For Future Content?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    Probably not, but with the last dlcs i can mod and have fun for the next years.

And i give personal nothing about the opinion of the raging and ranting mob.

The last dlcs and flcs were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Yeah, me too and I still expect a patch and then probably a lot new mods to play
    Don't get your hopes up boys! after the last couple of days debarcle don't be surprised if CA do nothing more to Rome 2, for me personally it may be a good thing as it will at least give modders a chance to start making some new mods from the ROTR DLC etc..I think its got personal with CA and this one from Consumer Vs Developer is not going to go away very quickly.

Consumers are bitter after this... CA's employees should learn to keep there opinions to themselves instead of inciting all this hatred...as a business and a business owner myself you have got to understand that your consumer is what puts the bread and water on your table!. We live in a very strange world now with Social Media as a powerful weapon and you will be murdered if you do something wrong! Hence Social Media is not something I use and it is also banned from usage within my office by all employees. (I know they hate me for this, but I am not bothered as its my business and my rules!) It also limits the amount of problems which is exactly why I don't use it after the above mentioned!

All they are going to do is shift the attention to that kingdoms game and whatever else there releasing next year...for me I play two mods and not really interested in this franchise anymore now having turned my attention back to ancient era table top wargaming.
    Last edited by Clint_Eastwood; September 28, 2018 at 01:31 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    Don't get your hopes up boys! after the last couple of days debarcle don't be surprised if CA do nothing more to Rome 2, for me personally it may be a good thing as it will at least give modders a chance to start making some new mods from the ROTR DLC etc..I think its got personal with CA and this one from Consumer Vs Developer is not going to go away very quickly.

Consumers are bitter after this... CA's employees should learn to keep there opinions to themselves instead of inciting all this hatred...as a business and a business owner myself you have got to understand that your consumer is what puts the bread and water on your table!. We live in a very strange world now with Social Media as a powerful weapon and you will be murdered if you do something wrong! Hence Social Media is not something I use and it is also banned from usage within my office by all employees. (I know they hate me for this, but I am not bothered as its my business and my rules!) It also limits the amount of problems which is exactly why I don't use it after the above mentioned!

All they are going to do is shift the attention to that kingdoms game and whatever else there releasing next year...for me I play two mods and not really interested in this franchise anymore now having turned my attention back to ancient era table top wargaming.
    The Golden rule of PR (even high-school kids know it) is ''NEVER attack your customers'' and ''ALWAYS keep your personal beliefs to yourself'' Ella should have know better!
    From the other hand, bad advertisement is still advertisement.

What'd she do? I didn't even notice.

I don't think it's just what so-called fans are now throwing at CA's head again.

Let's hope that something is really still in the works here and hasn't been destroyed by this completely degenerated excitement!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They have pretty much covered the whole time frame, so okay no dlc, but a new last patch with TED or Terry would be nice,
    ok

Also agree with above post with regards to new stuff.

The female stuff is an issue that will dissolve away.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; September 28, 2018 at 09:25 AM.

As sad as it is, I do think the recent... troubles may cause future content to be axed or patches to be delayed or worse.
    On the bright side, we have gotten a lot that has improved the game drastically such as the family tree, and Rise of the Republic seems like a good 'final' DLC to me.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

It would also mean mods can finally mod the game without the disruption of future patches or dlcs.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

It would also mean that the current state of the game is the final limit to potential modding opportunities. Patches 18 - 20 actually fixed or added in new things that we could utilise for modding (e.g. AAA Generals' age / rank / season appearance swapping wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Patch 18 fixing parts of the character tables, which came along with Empire Divided).
    Last edited by Benjin; September 30, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

They can't stop here. Family trees are still not fixed - you cannot marry party members to each other, or family members like distant relatives to each other.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    It would also mean mods can finally mod the game without the disruption of future patches or dlcs.
    Let's drink to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    The most recent patches added features that no modder could possible do. Only CA has the tools to create features like the family tree. That's why I want more updates for this game. Modder's work is limited by the features avaliable in the vanilla version of the game.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    The most recent patches added features that no modder could possible do. Only CA has the tools to create features like the family tree. That's why I want more updates for this game. Modder's work is limited by the features avaliable in the vanilla version of the game.
    I agree completely. Every patch opens new options.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

And honestly DeI was patched in a few days. Of course it wil take them some time to balance and change everything but from latest news It doesn´t look like they are crying in the corner that the game is broken!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    Only CA has the tools because the failed to fulfill their promises and released them for moddes (London conference).
    Anyway, as long as the new content or update fixes more things than it breaks it's fine indeed. Surely a pain to update every major mod, but at least it helps with hard coded-unreachable features.

And honestly DeI was patched in a few days. Of course it wil take them some time to balance and change everything but from latest news It doesn´t look like they are crying in the corner that the game is broken!
    At least they fixed the formation bug (after 20 patches). Now our Romans will probably fight as they should.

PS
    I don't believe modders are''crying'' though. More like creating, fixing,reporting issues to the Devs and expanding the base game. Like Radious,Magnar and every major modding team and individual members. But you already know that, since you're a modder.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 02, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sad CA has abandoned this game. Their recent additions have made the game promised to what it should have been in. 2013.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I don't think they're done with it yet; it's only been roughly two months since RotR's release - DK was announced roughly five months after ED's release in comparison IIRC.

I think they've got enough time to do at least one more DLC before moving onto 3K, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Benjin; October 19, 2018 at 03:21 PM.

Plus a little surprise for us...soon

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Plus a little surprise for us...soon
    Forshadowing? about base game not about DeI????

They have time to do it. Warhammer 2 has 4 months delay between Major DLCs, next one will be around February - March (after November with Vampire Coast, that is already revealed and set), they slowed down... March is also release date for 3K but the first DLCs for new game has usually +/- 2 months delay after release date. So there is enough months for DLC release and for promoting as well. All they need is like 1-2 month window at max.

But SteamDB is showing nothing new....So we have to rely on backstage info from some spymasters
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 20, 2018 at 04:06 AM.

Forshadowing? about base game not about DeI????
    But SteamDB is showing nothing new....So we have to rely on backstage info from some spymasters
    Base game...it will be a useful addition, but not a DLC. I can't really say more though...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 20, 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Sounds like modding tools or some patching... anyway I will stay tuned

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, hopefully it’s a battle map editor - not sure what else could realistically be done and also be considered useful for an update?
    Last edited by Benjin; October 20, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast