Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more boys and girls, BBC documentary, making kids ''gender-free''.

Default No more boys and girls, BBC documentary, making kids ''gender-free''.

Here we take a look at what liberals are doing with your kids when the parents are not around.

Part 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5R2LWhTrY
    Part 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp9Z26YgIrA

The goal is equality of outcome and neutral genders, and it hints its Marxist roots, more accurately the post modern social constructionist branch, according to which biological differences (some go as far as denying there are any) do not explain the way males and females think, gender stereotypes promoted by socialization do, and if we take kids young enough, when they are blank papers, and educate them exactly the same, then there should be no such thing as ''gender gap'' in their incomes when they are adults. The fight against the ''gender gap'' is a primary interest of the ''conservative'' government of Theresa May with her ''Equality Act'' as the presenter says.

At min 10, he's very upset that boys do not express emotions easily unless it's anger and that girls have ''low self esteem'' on average. He had asked a professor of cognitive neuroimaginign about the differences between male and female brains and she replied that they are ''very similar''. At min 10 he has already changed it to ''she told me they are the same'' (no she didn't). The solution? Brainwash the kids. Feminize the boys by making them read signs like ''boys are sensitive'' and ''girls are strong'' (Min 15). Next is ''mixed cupboards''.

Unsatisfied with the results with pre-teens and here comes the creepy part, he goes onto toddlers. He takes a pair of toddlers, swaps their clothes, their names and their toys.''Edward becomes Sophie''. (min 38).

By the end of the first part he's happy to have brainwashed at least one kid into thinking females are as strong as males.

Part 2 starts with girls being happy playing with their own dolls, guys being happy playing with whatever they do, the presenter being unhappy that ''dolls won't make girls engineers'', nonetheless he's happy to have found at least a boy who's into dolls and at least a girl who's into Legos or similar and somehow that proves his theories are on the right path, rather than being standard exceptions within a group. At min 38, he tries to make boys prepare food and then gets annoyed when they start ditching him. He concludes rather satisfied that he allegedly raised girls self-esteem and ends the show making the kids read in public some sentences in favour of ''gender-free'' society.

Would you be happy to have your kids go through something similar and would you be happy to have your taxes spent this way?

As far as I'm concerned, everyone responsible for the above show should be banned for life from education, television and public services for child abuse.

Moved to Thema Devia from the Academy, which is a forum dedicated to serious debates about various political theories. ~Abdülmecid I
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 19, 2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Explanation added.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: No more boys and girls, BBC documentary, making kids ''gender-free''.

Wow you really are over reacting.

You can't cook (sorry back in my day in 1980s Reagan America I still had home economy and cooking was blast)? Girls can't play with legos?

Would you be happy to have your kids go through something similar and would you be happy to have your taxes spent this way?
    Sure if gets my daughter's called upon in math when they have the persistently best test scores in their school. I gets my daughter the valedictorian award with an absolute 4.00 GPA and not an LDS boy who did not get a 4.00 but was you know really good at spots. Seeing has my kids are now in private schools because of the delightfully bad, corrupt, biased public schools produced by the worst sort of red state Idaho's voting, people who no doubt agree with you - yep I'm all in.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Default Re: No more boys and girls, BBC documentary, making kids ''gender-free''.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wow you really are over reacting.

You can't cook (sorry back in my day in 1980s Reagan America I still had home economy and cooking was blast)?
    I actually enjoy cooking, strawman and ad hominem within 1 sentence.
    Girls can't play with legos?
    Didn't say that either, another strawman.

Sure if gets my daughter's called upon in math when they have the persistently best test scores in their school. I gets my daughter the valedictorian award with an absolute 4.00 GPA and not an LDS boy who did not get a 4.00 but was you know really good at spots. Seeing has my kids are now in private schools because of the delightfully bad, corrupt, biased public schools produced by the worst sort of red state Idaho's voting, people who no doubt agree with you - yep I'm all in.
    It'll make her very unhappy as the ''Paradox of women unhappiness'' shows, unable to find a partner and make her have an identity crisis at 35-40 because she's been defrauded by dishonest educators.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The solution? Brainwash the kids.
    Who the is actually orchestrating this global social programming/engineering and what's the actual reason behind this kind of drivel that looks like a clear sign of degeneracy and decline?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

This was actually kinda interesting, but-

“He called the girls ‘love’ and the boys ‘mate’”

Like has this guy got nothing better to worry about or something

And some of those kids are more based than my grandad what with what they said lol

Who the is actually orchestrating this global social programming/engineering and what's the actual reason behind this kind of drivel that looks like a clear sign of degeneracy and decline?
    Well it’s something about the juice obviously.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    People who can't get over the fact that certain ideas don't work and if they don't it's because they've never been tried correctly, but surely a new generation of intellectuals will make it work this time around. Don't mind the mass starvations and social implosions.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I wouldn’t want this to be rolled out across all schools no.
    Last edited by Katsumoto; September 19, 2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: commenting on moderation - please use the mod comm
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Third wave feminists? I don't just include women in that category, since many men subscribe to that ideology.

In either case, I'm a very liberal guy and I think girls can pursue whatever career they want, even combat roles in the military IF they are strong enough to handle their equipment same as the average or even above average male soldier. I just think this identity stuff is silly garbage, though. We have had gender roles since time immemorial and for a reason, since there are clear biological differences between men and women. Both men and women are privileged and unprivileged in different ways, let's be honest. Men have it better in the workforce and don't have to worry about rape nearly as much as women when they walk outside of the house at night, but women have it better when it comes to not being drafted into the military and settling a divorce and winning custody battles over children in the court of law, for just a few examples of each. Is any of this morally and ethically correct? That's debatable and individual cases and circumstances should be considered instead of just applying stereotypes to everything in life.

Also, some girls are just simply tomboys and just like doing things that boys do. Nothing wrong with it or with women pursuing jobs of hard labor or ones involving heavy machinery and typical guy stuff like working in construction. Some men (mostly gay, lol) like to do things traditionally reserved for girls and women, such as interior decorating or sewing/knitting. Heh. Since it has been mentioned, I think cooking is more of a universal role, not a gender one. I mean, look at all the top chefs in the world: they are mostly male, not female. I certainly know how to cook for myself!

At the end of the day I think it should all be about personal freedom. I think our present gender roles should serve as a guide for society in general but it should be made clear that anyone who wants to deviate from the guided path is welcome to do so in a free society. The polar extremes are not the solution. Right wing traditionalism on this issue would have all women wearing knee-length skirts again like they were forced to do in schools and workplaces of the 1950s whereas the far left feminists would have us believe in the fairy tale that males and females aren't different at all when it comes to certain abilities and proclivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Third wave feminists? I don't just include women in that category, since many men subscribe to that ideology.

In either case, I'm a very liberal guy and I think girls can pursue whatever career they want, even combat roles in the military IF they are strong enough to handle their equipment same as the average or even above average male soldier. I just think this identity stuff is silly garbage, though. We have had gender roles since time immemorial and for a reason, since there are clear biological differences between men and women. Both men and women are privileged and unprivileged in different ways, let's be honest. Men have it better in the workforce and don't have to worry about rape nearly as much as women when they walk outside of the house at night, but women have it better when it comes to not being drafted into the military and settling a divorce and winning custody battles over children in the court of law, for just a few examples of each. Is any of this morally and ethically correct? That's debatable and individual cases and circumstances should be considered instead of just applying stereotypes to everything in life.
    The issue with women in combat roles isn't just about biological differences. One of the problems Israel had with mixed gender units was that when the situation requires to leave behind a woman, the men don't do it and that leads to unnecessary additional casualties for the unit, often the whole unit. Now, military drills are designed to break people down and make people do things that they wouldn't do otherwise. That's still not enough to remove the biological impetive men have to protect women. Not even the state of necessity Israel was enough and survivalism is the driving force of evolution. Israelis are hardly incompetent either. It simply doesn't work, thus armies simply stick to gendered units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Also, some girls are just simply tomboys and just like doing things that boys do. Nothing wrong with it or with women pursuing jobs of hard labor or ones involving heavy machinery and typical guy stuff like working in construction. Some men (mostly gay, lol) like to do things traditionally reserved for girls and women, such as interior decorating or sewing/knitting. Heh. Since it has been mentioned, I think cooking is more of a universal role, not a gender one. I mean, look at all the top chefs in the world: they are mostly male, not female. I certainly know how to cook for myself!

At the end of the day I think it should all be about personal freedom. I think our present gender roles should serve as a guide for society in general but it should be made clear that anyone who wants to deviate from the guided path is welcome to do so in a free society. The polar extremes are not the solution. Right wing traditionalism on this issue would have all women wearing knee-length skirts again like they were forced to do in schools and workplaces of the 1950s whereas the far left feminists would have us believe in the fairy tale that males and females aren't different at all when it comes to certain abilities and proclivities.
    There's always going to be the random dude in nursery and the random female mechanic, nobody used to care. You are also way too reasonable to be a ''very liberal dude'' unless we go by classical liberal standards. Disagreeing with the equity agenda will get you exiled like Bret Weistein who refused to denounce his white privilge or David Goodhart who pointed out that support for welfare redistribution is correlated with ethnically homogenous societies. There's no room for dialogue with the orthodoxy of race and gender marxism.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If any of you was curious what the fall of the western roman empire looked like, you are in luck, you are living in it. This is the death rattle of western society and like this is the symptom.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The issue with women in combat roles isn't just about biological differences. One of the problems Israel had with mixed gender units was that when the situation requires to leave behind a woman, the men don't do it and that leads to unnecessary additional casualties for the unit, often the whole unit. Now, military drills are designed to break people down and make people do things that they wouldn't do otherwise. That's still not enough to remove the biological impetive men have to protect women. Not even the state of necessity Israel was enough and survivalism is the driving force of evolution. Israelis are hardly incompetent either. It simply doesn't work, thus armies simply stick to gendered units.
    That's a good point, actually. Having mixed gendered units would change things psychologically for both men and women engaged in an active combat situation.

There's always going to be the random dude in nursery and the random female mechanic, nobody used to care. You are also way too reasonable to be a ''very liberal dude'' unless we go by classical liberal standards. Disagreeing with the equity agenda will get you exiled like Bret Weistein who refused to denounce his white privilge or David Goodhart who pointed out that support for welfare redistribution is correlated with ethnically homogenous societies. There's no room for dialogue with the orthodoxy of race and gender marxism.
    You forgot that I'm an American, though, so...not very liberal by European standards, I guess. I go to the firing range with my brother, shoot AR-15s every now and then, and our friends and I go off-roading in trucks with huge lifts on them on occasion, so most Parisians and Londoners and Romans and Berliners would probably think I'm some sort of hillbilly. Lol. But, you know, I'm the FDR type of American liberal and I believe in stuff like publicly-funded universal healthcare as the best solution for American consumers. Doesn't mean I subscribe to freaking Marxism. Again, the extremes, why must everything be so extreme? Or is this just a vocal minority on the right and left that's making the most noise in public and online and drowning out normal people who have to work for a living? Lol.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    If any of you was curious what the fall of the western roman empire looked like, you are in luck, you are living in it. This is the death rattle of western society and like this is the symptom.
    To quote the immortal words of Red vs Blue: Calm down. The world is not ending. Everything will be just fine. Everyone always thinks the world's gonna end during their lifetime, but the truth is none of us are that cool or interesting, so get over it.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yes, but you're Australian. You live in the closest thing we have to a death world.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Also social collapses aren't ''the end of the world''. Unlike the latter they happen all the time. Within most people lifetimes the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia collapsed.Span it a bit more and Argentina went from 8th largest world economy to craphole. Westerners seem to have developed this mentality that ''everything in the end will be fine'' because they had it good for 70 years. The world is still a harsh place, life is tough. If we ignore things long enough, they are not going to be fine, see Islamic terrorism. We had a warning in the 2000s then it went under water for a decade just to resurface with a vengeance. Of course our politically correct leaders have chosen to stomp saying ''Islamic'' altogether as solution. Second warning ignored, there might not be others for places like France. The hordes of the prophet won't have mercy for the ''gender neutral'' weaklings socially engineered by progressives who will be busy thinking about what gender pronoun they want to be talked with.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I think I pretty much grew up gender neutral in most respects on both the farm and in town. I knew there were differences, but the girls worn jeans and unless we played doctor nothing was really obvious about gender. Cats, dogs, hogs, and horses had genders but not when they were very young. This is nothing new, at least not since the 19th century kind of new, if ever.

Yeah, which is why it is imperative they get peer reviewed publications which contradict the popular theory of transgenderism revoked. Heaven forbid science be used in any way that doesn't promote a leftist agenda. It baffles how anyone can actually view this view and conclude that there are multiple genders/views transgenderism as something that is this main stream.

turns out little boys like to knock down block towers and little girls like to play with dolls. HOW SEXIST AND HOMOPHOBIC. Or something.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_o...n_Roman_Empire

I don't know, maybe it's just wikipedia but I don't see anything in there about gender freedom and the decline of moral values and what not.

If we ignore things long enough, they are not going to be fine, see Islamic terrorism. We had a warning in the 2000s then it went under water for a decade just to resurface with a vengeance.
    Well I dunno, maybe if the west had ignored the rise of socialism and nationalization in middle eastern countries such as Iran and Afganistan, maybe you wouldn't have islamic terrorism, maybe it'd be directed at someone else, even. Just turn to Islam dude, it's not like your views would change a whole lot either way.

Jeez guys, with the way you all react to gender-free education, you'd think you would be on board with the concept, what with all of you acting like hysterical women.
    Last edited by saxdude; September 21, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post

Well I dunno, maybe if the west had ignored the rise of socialism and nationalization in middle eastern countries such as Iran and Afganistan, maybe you wouldn't have islamic terrorism, maybe it'd be directed at someone else, even. Just turn to Islam dude, it's not like your views would change a whole lot either way.
    I'm an atheist.
    Societies with poligamies create scarcity of women, thus making the society inherently more violent.
    I like freedom of speech, including freedom of criticism and satire of religions.
    There's no way I'll ever accept that a single human from 1400 years ago had all the answers and those are in a book full of contraddictions.
    I don't have a particular problem with gays.
    I occasionally eat pork and drink alcohol.

I could go on but it's sufficient to call your argument rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    I think I pretty much grew up gender neutral in most respects on both the farm and in town. I knew there were differences, but the girls worn jeans and unless we played doctor nothing was really obvious about gender. Cats, dogs, hogs, and horses had genders but not when they were very young. This is nothing new, at least not since the 19th century kind of new, if ever.
    Were you dressed as a girl and called Sophie in the hope you'd become a nurse?
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; September 21, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Societies with poligamies create scarcity of women, thus making the society inherently more violent.
    Lol, you're gonna need to source that, matey.

-The rest-
    I mean, the way you comment in borderline every other thread leaves one to believe otherwise, but okey doke. It's was a suggestion though, not my argument, which you cleverly refused to acknowledge.

Were you dressed as a girl and called Sophie in the hope you'd become a nurse?
    They were toddlers mate, it's hardly going to affect them any more than dressing them up as Godzilla will make them want to nuke Tokio. You're hysterical, whinging about marxism and leftism, like most of your type are.

Lol, you're gonna need to source that, matey.
    https://www.economist.com/the-econom...eeds-civil-war

I mean, the way you comment in borderline every other thread leaves one to believe otherwise, but okey doke. It's was a suggestion though, not my argument, which you cleverly refused to acknowledge.
    Broad assumtion that anyone who's against abolishing genders must be a Christian fanatic. I actually live in a predominatly Christian country, I resented some of their things, but it was never, at any point, this bad. We have to go back 600 years at least for that.

They were toddlers mate, it's hardly going to affect them any more than dressing them up as Godzilla will make them want to nuke Tokio. You're hysterical, whinging about marxism and leftism, like most of your type are.
    Well, clearly we dont see the outcome of these theories with the current product in universities, don't we? Everything related to gender and/or sexuality produces political extremists that want to get rid of the ''patriarchal white supremacist cis-gendered societiy''.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast