Thread: Cannot change/set the resolution

Default Cannot change/set the resolution

As per title it seems I'm unable to set/change the resolution.

When I installed the game, it ran at full-screen resolution (2560x1440).
    I wanted to run it in a windowed mode.
    So I modified the .cfg file and added the 2 lines in the [Video] section:
    windowed=1
    borderless_window=1

Then I modified the resolution lines with the desired resolution:
    battle_resolution = 2400 1350
    campaign_resolution = 2400 1350

The game then ran in a sort of windowed mode bu the resolution was still full-screen (2560x1440).
    I tried to select the resolution in the in-game option, but to my surprise no resolution was available, only blank space which if select would make close the game.
    I reopened the .cfg file and noticed the windowed lines were gone. So I put them again and cancelled the resolution lines.
    Launched the game and now was in windowed mode correctly, but with the default 1024-768 resolution. Again it was not possible increase the resolution from the in-game options.

Closed the game again and tried to change the resolution from .cfg, reinserted the windowed lines and locked the file to read-only.
    But the resolution will still stay the same.

Any idea?Anybody experienced the same issue?
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot change/set the resolution

I'm running m2 on a similar resolution at home, though I have borderless window mode enabled, so it does cover the entire screen but you can quickly alt-tab with no issues. I can copy the video settings I use when I get home from school and post them here, and see if they work for you.
    Mind you, I run it on Windows, though I don't think it should affect things
    Last edited by King Athelstan; September 18, 2018 at 02:12 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot change/set the resolution

Some observations from windows - it might help:

1. The game rewrites the CFG file at every exit (and creates a default one at game start if none exists), manually added entries will then be removed\overwritten. Setting the file to read-only is your only option unless you play a mod and add those entries to the mod's CFG file. I am not sure if you can adapt steam's custom launch option to start the default game with a custom CFG file as described here in the 'Alternative Launch Option' section. If possible it would allow you to use a copied and renamed CFG file with your custom entries.

2. If using windowed mode your game resolution has to be equal or larger then your desktop resolution to avoid an actual window.