Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v8.0 & v8.1 download & info

Default NTW3 v8.0 & v8.1 download & info

Multiplayer battles: overall
    • 750 new units: this version's main target was to make all rosters 'regimental', meaning each cavalry or infantry unit is now named after a historical regiment/battalion/squadron with accurate uniforms, names, numbers and stats.
    • 120 new generals: a wider variety of generals for almost all the factions[attachment=6]01.jpg[/attachment]
    • 3 new factions: Helder expedition 1799 (an Anglo-Russian army), France Orient 1798 (French army in Egypt and Levant), Vistula Legion [attachment=2]flag1.png[/attachment] [attachment=1]flag2.png[/attachment] [attachment=3]flag3.png[/attachment]
    • New army building interface: building an army was quite difficult with the NTW3 large roster, even when using some external UI mods so we have designed a new interface for NTW3. Clearly separating units accordingly to their category (i.e. elite/grenadiers/skirmishers), sorting them from the most to the least expensive. Some factions have a specific display (i.e. Confederation of the Rhine, Peninsular coalition); this new UI has been designed for three different screen resolutions (to be selected in the launcher)[attachment=5]02.jpg[/attachment]
    • 1100 improved uniforms: corrections, improvements to whole uniforms or just shoulder patches or shoe buckles for all factions.
    • Factions are now displayed in three columns: 1) France and its allies or satellites; 2) Coalition against France; 3) Neutral or switching factions[attachment=4]03.png[/attachment]
    • A guide for beginners is available online, with fully detailed stats on all NTW3 units: https://www.thelordz.org/ntw3/stats/data.php (available from the launcher)
    • All artillery guns are now displayed in different sizes depending on their calibre.[attachment=0]biggun.jpg[/attachment]
    • Descriptions: 800+ units now have a complete descrition
    • Hardcore battles: not compatible with classic MP battles (players need to select this option in the launcher to play it), it's the same as classic battles but most information is hidden.

Multiplayer battles: gameplay

All comparisons are made from the former 7.6 version of NTW3

• Chevrons: faster to gain, each chevron provides +1 in melee and defense, +2 in accuracy, +10 in reloading; +1 morale for the 3rd and 6th chevron
    • Generals: all generals are rated from 0 to 9 stars (only Napoléon has 9 stars), each star provides +1 morale for all allied units within the general’s radius.
    • Morale: scale has been divided by 5, to be compatible with the generals' rating stated above
    • Morale: units rout faster from recent losses, but suffer less from previous losses
    • Morale: the important "resistant to morale shock" trait is now much less widespread, almost all heavy cavalry and grenadiers have it, and the best units from others categories
    • Artillery: ricochets for round shots are working again, making them more effective and more expensive
    • Artillery: slow artillery are slower, fast ones are faster
    • Howitzers: more effective against infantry (only if aiming manually)
    • Heavy cavalry: usually larger, for little extra cost
    • Medium cavalry: slightly more maneuvrable
    • Light cavalry: much more maneuvrable (not faster but turning faster)
    • Grenadiers: increased cost
    • Skirmishers: their huge misfire rate has been reduced, they are now much more effective, though still very vulnerable
    • Militia: low-end accuracy is slightly more effective, but militia and irregulars are more prone to mass-rout
    • ... the list could be very long, these are the most visible changes from the previous version, but many other gameplay changes have been added or adjusted

Download and installation

Thank you to contributors: Dan Bogdan, Kettch, Alexazariii, Adferiad Brics and Karlsson.
    Last edited by Liberalis Bellatricus; September 18, 2018 at 02:06 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NTW3 version 8 Download & Info

The SP Campaign game has been updated with new features for v8.0 : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates

Also check our Lordz forum for details: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewt...?f=138&t=18354

Last edited by Lord Davn; September 19, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

Icon5 Re: NTW3 version 8 Download & Info

Hello, the Ottoman campaign crashes??

Lord Davn
    The Ottoman campaign game has been corrected with the NTW3 v81 Campaign patch: https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3
    We've also added scripted missions for the Ottomans and Russians as they (alond with the Austrians) will now have to fight a two front war

Last edited by Lord Davn; October 04, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Is there any possibility to add a resolution of 3440 x 1440 to the launcher?
    2. Where are the "Army builds samples" in NTW 3? In a custom battle, I can't load any army setups.

Thanks.

1) A 4K UI is planned, but each specific UI really takes a lot of time
    2) Have you successfully installed the Builds file? https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleoni...tw3-8-0-builds

Hello,
    nice mod you have there, im new and want to ask a question, will it be a 1815 campaign for france?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superquan View Post
    Hello,
    nice mod you have there, I'm new and want to ask a question, will it be a 1815 campaign for France?
    Thanks.
    The NTW3 v8.0 & v8.1 Campaign patch is a historical mod of the War of the Third Coalition that we start in Sept. 1805 when hostilities began in earnest:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of...hird_Coalition
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 04, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: NTW3 v8.0 & v8.1 download & info

Last edited by Bran Mac Born; October 07, 2018 at 02:43 AM.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cosak View Post
    1) .. Have you successfully installed the Builds file? https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleoni...tw3-8-0-builds
    I don't know what these "builds" are either. When making a file "for beginners", it would be prudent to include instructions that beginners can make use of. How do we know if Builds is installed "successfully"? Where are they supposed to be found? If they're not where you say they should be, then we know the answer is "no", and we try again.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 13, 2018 at 12:54 AM.

The "builds" are recommended units for your army build to help new players starting the MP battle online game.
    The NTW3 Battle & Campaign mods are designed for *MEDIUM* size units for the best play.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 14, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

Given the huge diversity and choice in units and factions in *Multi Player* battles, the “builds” are balanced army setups, to help new players before they become more acquainted with each faction’s units, their strenghts and weaknesses, etc. They are only available (visible) when choosing *MEDIUM* unit size, as that is the one on which the mod is calibrated and recommended to play (and hence which most of the community uses).
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 14, 2018 at 10:23 AM.

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Hello!
    a) I have noticed a rar file in my Data folder, "v80_spc files.rar". Do I need to unzip this or must stay like this?
    I'm interested in the Campaign not custom or multiplayer.
    b) Is it possible to add any different and emersive music like bran_music mod? I tried with the script but music doesn't change in game, I get this annoying vanilla music which makes the game "boring"..

Thanks!
    Last edited by NobleStef80; November 11, 2018 at 08:55 AM.

zboia's Avatar Foederatus
    Cheagriv,OPILLIA,Halytschyna,Königreich Galizien und Lodomerien,Austro-Hungary empire

Guten tag! very good mod,best mod for ntw,but why napoleon bonaparte and his generals have not real uniform of 1796-1801 in new army france 1798(orient) like this

[SPOILER]

You will have to take that issue up with our NTW3 tailors

Sixt's Avatar Civis

im keep getting an "preference file cant be changed" error when i run the game from the launcher?

Nevermind, i had set the preference file to read only, now it works cool mod :-)
    Last edited by Sixt; December 02, 2018 at 07:38 AM.

I hope this works for people! If you run into any issues comment below the video!

Thank you for the video, I'm sure it will be of help to some of the new players

Sorry. Original message in wrong place.
    Last edited by Robleau2; December 13, 2018 at 08:59 AM.

Hello ! I'm a huge fan of the mod but I have a little issue. Everything works except the hardcore battles : I click on it in the launcher, the NTW3 splash screen shows up for like 10 seconds then it crash. Also sometimes there is a glitch with black boxes appearing on the screen in some maps, especially near church towers. Last, minister portraits are all white in the campaign

I'm pretty sure I've installed correctly the mod since I can play MP battles with other players without any compatibility issue and the campaign runs well (except portraits)
    I've all patches installed including 8.2. Maybe hardcore battles are not compatible with this last version ?

(hope I'm not posting in the wrong thread)

EDIT : never mind for the black boxes, it's a glitch caused by the HDR with my graphics card
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; January 09, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Is it possible to give the French Carabiniers officers their real uniforms? They armour and helmet was covered in copper instead of brass:

Is there also any reason why the helmet of them shows an M instead of an N? Would be amazing if you would give the officer the real uniform, I haven't seen a single mod with the correct one
    Last edited by alex33; January 30, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast