Thread: Deus lo Vult Americas expanded submod

Default Deus lo Vult Americas expanded submod

Hi. First of all, apologize for my english.

After downloading the americas version, which is my favorite campaign of the vanilla game, I made a lot of modifications to increase the difficulty, unlock hidden units, balance the game, fix errors, improve CAI and BAI, and a lot of changes that do not imply add textures or new animations (I do not know how to do it), but take advantage of those that are available or hidden. Now it is a more complete game with a greater variety of units for all factions, greater balance, and a tougher challenge especially for the Spanish, whose campaign was too easy even with DLV modifications.

This is the list of the most important changes that I have pointed out:

• Fixed statistics and skills to make battles longer, harder, more balanced and differentiate units between factions, and even within the same faction. Examples: Onde men can do schiltrom and no longer scare, Militia batab and nacom warriors are now completely different, increased hornet throwers damage and ability to hide in long grass, enhanced american bodyguards so they do not die so easily, increased number of units in many units of all factions, etc ... The inconsistent statistics incorporated by DLV Americas, for example negative values, have also been corrected.
    • Chichimecas and Apaches get elite units, horses and firearms more easily (less battles)
    • Possibility of using a version of export_descr_unit.txt without the 2 lifepoints for several units of Spanish faction, so that playing with the Spanish is a greater challenge. It's save-compatible.
    • In spanish (95%) and english.
    • Ball-court and tipi can now improve melee weapons, which also means a visual change in many Mesoamerican units, something that was never seen in the vanilla version or DLV except in custom battles.
    • Spaniards can recruit peasants and crossbowmen peasants without having any special title of the king, and militias at high levels of wall.
    • Use of ReallyBadAI 5 adapted to the Americas campaign.
    • All american factions have one unit capable of deploy stakes (arrow warriors, apachean scouts, holkans and zacatecos archers). IA can deploy these stakes mid-battle (thanks to ReallyBadAI script)
    • Harder walls against cannons, they do not fall off so fast
    • Restored video animations
    • The Spanish, French and English of the AI ​​begin with better armies
    • Nerfed Tarascans at the beginning, as they become exceedingly powerful very fast, beating the Aztecs on their own. IA Aztecs now is more powerful and richer. Chichimecas slighty nerfed. Tlaxcalan starts with 100.000 instead of 10.000.
    • Now Mesoamerican and Apache generals can also be recruited. Before, only Spaniards
    • Chichimecas can now recruit archers and gunmen on horse, and a weak version of the brave Apache (indian spear thrower model), and the Apache can now recruits mounted lancers and a weak version of the Chichimec scouts (light lancer model). All of them are models with textures with the color and shields of their faction, which never existed in the vanilla version but the textures and models were available in the original files.
    • Similarly, now Tlaxcalan and Tarascans can recruit coyote priests, Aztecs can recruit quetzalcoatl priests (with an exclusive blue texture), and Mayas can recruit eagle warriors. Tlaxcalan also can recruit tlaxcalan mercenaries. All with proper textures.
    • Coyote priests now are a completely different unit. Now they are like the coyote runners of Age of Empires, a faster unit than the rest and able to hide anywhere, to flank and counteract cavalry.
    • Proper units textures such as the Jaguar and Arrow Warriors. Now have the shields of their faction, and a generic red shields on mercenary versions. The hornet throwers are now green for the Mayans and mercenary hornet throwers are red.
    • Unlocked chivalry for american factions, which could only develop dread (A bit racist LOL)
    • Reduced the growth of cities, which is too fast
    • Ballista towers and cannon towers available for Spanish, but they are extremely expensive (100,000 for cannon towers)
    • Rabbit boys now acts as militia and gains free upkeep if you have proper buildings
    • Now any faction except apachean can build tiled paths (historically correct). Apaches can build dirt roads, but only in regions where they capture cities with a wall. Both now are very expensive.
    • Now bodyguards for france and english are New World Bodyguards, on dlv americas they changed it inexplicably to dismounted bodyguards
    • A lot of building bonus, units, prize, agent limits, and requirements adjusted
    • A lot of units adjustments: range, damage, defense, speed, prize, number, abilities, and silver surfers fixed. +3 damage to all javelins. Chichimec assault (+5 on charge instead of +3) to guachichil warriors.
    • Campaign script fixes

Note: If you play as the Spaniards and you think they are too powerful thanks to their cavalry and gunpowder, rename dlv_americas / data / export_descr_unit.txt to something else, and export_descr_unitSPAIN.txt to export_descr_unit.txt. Do not worry if you want to undo it at any time, it's save-compatible. Do not do it if you play whit any other faction, because they become very weak especially with autoresolve battles.

There is both versions of DLV_Americas expanded, on spanish and english:

Spanish:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDH...ew?usp=sharing

English text (with instructions):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAr...ew?usp=sharing

ADVICE: Extract zip on mods folder. You need to copy original medieval2.preference.cfg on main folder to dlv_americas.cfg and create on same folder a dlv_americas.bat file with this content:

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\dlv_americas\dlv_americas.cfg
    Pleased to receive any criticism, feedback or improvement, thank you!
    Last edited by Toranks; May 19, 2021 at 12:04 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Deus lo Vult Americas expanded submod

Awesome! I'll give this a try for sure! +rep for you!

Thank you!! Played it for a bit and it looks great!
    One question: I saw you changed the Spanish campaign to starting with an already explored map. Is there a way to revert this? I looked through the files a bit but can't seem to find it. It's just a personal preference but having to explore the Americas as Spain always seemed realistic and it adds a challenge to an otherwise very strong faction.

I did not do that, it was already that way in original Deus Lo Vult Americas. I think it's just a map_fog.tga image of the size of the map on data/world/maps/campaing/imperial_campaing, with color black covering the unknown parts and white on uncovering parts. I could try it.
    Last edited by Toranks; September 18, 2018 at 08:40 AM.

Yes, very simple and it works.

Anyway, keep in mind that it applies to all factions, it can not be done only for Spaniards, and that limits the expansion of the AI. That is, it hurts the AI more than the human player, who more or less senses where the settlements are. It's probably the reason why they removed it.

If you still want to do it, replace /dlv_americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_fog.tga with this file, remove (or backup) /dlv_americas/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm and start a new campaign.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fW...CvY7Uow7lDVxn_

Ah I imagined this being the reason. Thank you, will play around with it!

I have solved the problem of the mercenary shields in the Tlaxaltecas and an error in the price of guachichil and zacatecos warriors. Now all the Tlaxcalan units have orange shields. Overwrite dlv_americas folder with this. You do not need to start a new campaign.
    OBSOLETE
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bd...QxsWQWGWFLtp8O
    Last edited by Toranks; May 29, 2022 at 11:27 AM.

Hi again!
    I have been improving the version while I was playing, and the changes are enough to bring the new version here.
    Factions are now much more balanced, and it is a tighter challenge playing like any faction. I've tried playing as Spaniards, Tlaxaltecs, Apaches and Maya.
    Details of the changes are in spanish in a file called "cambios personales.txt" on the root folder.
    The increase in file size is because there are savegames inside.
    The link is the same. I have not updated the english version, but the files are the same, just copy the older text folder into the spanish new one.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
    Hi again!
    I have been improving the version while I was playing, and the changes are enough to bring the new version here.
    Factions are now much more balanced, and it is a tighter challenge playing like any faction. I've tried playing as Spaniards, Tlaxaltecs, Apaches and Maya.
    Details of the changes are in spanish in a file called "cambios personales.txt" on the root folder.
    The increase in file size is because there are savegames inside.
    The link is the same. I have not updated the english version, but the files are the same, just copy the older text folder into the spanish new one.
    Oh cool!
    Are you still working on this currently? I'd love to see this expanded on with furthur features from DLV and perhaps DLV BB added at some point down the line

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

I wanted to download this but the link only has a single 28 kb file named map_fog.tga

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiði á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undaðr
    ok gefinn Óðni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á þeim meiði
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    I wanted to download this but the link only has a single 28 kb file named map_fog.tga
    I don't know why the links give an error now, because the files I didn't delete. I have rebuilt the links. I edit the first post.

Spanish:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDH...ew?usp=sharing

English text (with instructions):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uAr...ew?usp=sharing

mod wont run for me

I have updated the mod and the first post. The biggest changes are bug fixes, refining stats, silver surfers, free upkeep for rabbit boys, +3 damage to all javelins, and the Guachichil warriors charge bonus attack from +3 to +5. More details in the first post, and in "Cambios personales.txt" file on spanish. Follow first post instructions if you have trouble starting the mod. ( @BLS_total_war )

Summary of unit changes, their reasons, and what potentials each faction have:

General changes:
    Mesoamerican peasants are now the maximum number of units possible, 250, and many other American units increase their numbers. This better reflects the overwhelming (historically correct) difference between European natives and invaders.
    Armor points of American units corrected. If the unit (visually) has armor, it scores 2 points. If not, 0 points. Regardless of what the unit description says.
    Generals are tougher at having 3 health points. American generals died excessively quick and easy with a charge from any strong enough unit.
    American units can improve melee damage on some buildings, which is a visual change for some Mesoamerican units with obsidian weapons.

Aztecs: Now they have an exclusive unit of blue-colored Quetzalcoatl priests. Furthermore, these priests are historically correct, since Quetzalcoatl joined the pantheon of Aztec gods upon his arrival in the Valley of Mexico.
    Coyote priests have been completely remodeled, and is a faster unit than any other dismounted unit, can hide anywhere, can scare and have battle cry ability. It is the perfect substitute for cavalry for Mesoamericans. This unit emulates the unique unit of the Aztecs from Age of Empires.
    Arrow Warriors can deploy stakes and is the most powerful spear-throwing units in America.

Mayans: Unit color and textures fixed and now can train eagle warriors. This is not historically correct, but neither are Mayan jaguar warriors, nor hornet throwers, but it gives the Mayans more variety.
    The Nacom warriors and the Batab militia are completely different units, true to the unit's text description. The Nacom are officers who inspire nearby troops, have a battle cry, and good morale and stamina, perfect substitutes for the general at different points of the battlefield. They are scarce in numbers, so they need support from the Batab militia, which only changes as their numbers increase to the maximum, being the only non-peasant unit made up of 250 units.
    Hornet throwers do a lot more damage on impact, and can hide in some flat terrain and woods (but not anywhere).
    Holkans can deploy stakes and are the weakest, lightest, and fastest archer unit in the game (something that was already in the original game).

Spaniards and Europeans: Playing with them turns out to be too easy, however the balance of the game is perfect as it is when handled by the AI. This is so because cavalry and siege powder weapons represent a great strategic advantage that a human knows how to take better advantage of. For that reason I have provided two different export_descr_unit.txt files in case you play with Spain or not. If you play with the Spanish, use export_descr_unitESPANA.txt. All your units will have 1 life point except the generals, who will have 2, and Hernán Cortés, who will have 3. If you play with an American faction, use ESPANAIA, where the European units that are not peasant will have 2 points, 3 the generals , and 4 Hernán Cortés and the generals on foot (exclusive to France and England). This can be done at any time, and is save-compatible.
    Now you can recruit peasants and crossbow peasants without any port, useful when you have no other option, especially during a long period of the beginning of the game, where you can only recruit in Havana.

Tarascos and Tlaxaltecas: Tlaxcalan warriors and mercenaries deal +1 extra damage and their archers are the best Mesoamerican archers. Tarascan spear throwers and spearmen are the best among the equivalent Mesoamerican units. Both can recruit coyote priests and arrow warriors.

Apaches: Unarmored light spearmen are incorporated on horseback and on foot, using Chichimec units, but with their own texture. Archers are now much more specialized and different between the three classes. The rabbit boys are very numerous and have free maintenance in the villages. Apachean Scouts run faster and can deploy stakes and hide anywhere.

Chichimecas: Thunder braves, horse archers, and Apache braves are incorporated, using Apache units, but with their own texture. Bravo Apaches are weaker, equivalent to Mesoamerican spear throwers. Zacatecos run faster (Slightly less than Apache Scouts) and can hide anywhere. Zacatecas archers can deploy stakes.
    Last edited by Toranks; May 31, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

I have a suggestion: create cavalry and firearms units for all the native factions, not just the Apaches and Chichimecas. My reasoning is that the game is already an alternate history, and if the Aztecs and Mayans etc. had survived long enough it would make sense that they could have developed their own cavalry and firearm units.

I guess this submod needs the original DLV Americas submod, but the original link to that is removed. Does anyone has the full updated original files for this?

Quote Originally Posted by SirK View Post
    I guess this submod needs the original DLV Americas submod, but the original link to that is removed. Does anyone has the full updated original files for this?
    download link in first post https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...e-(01-13-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by SirK View Post
    No additional download is necessary. Only the translation if is the case, and both in the same first post.

Hello for some reason there is no text in the campaign? any help would be appreciated. Hopefully you still come back to the fourms.