Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate BETA Release

Musketeers for Leon Silver surfers, Peasants for European factions silver surfers, ghulams and ghulam cavalry for turks silver surfers, and Elephant archer silver surfers. None of these have a unit card or a description. Spain campaign start glitch.
    01:18:23.348 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    Last edited by Judeman266; September 15, 2018 at 12:19 AM.

Way to go PB!

I love how the frontend/menu looks and the setup with all the new campaign options, this will be the most complete RR/RC M2TW experience yet!

but for now? I tried to start campaign but got error message: -

This was tried with both early and high campaigns and got same message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RRerror1.jpg  
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 14, 2018 at 11:27 PM.

Hmm, that looks like a Windows error, it isn't directly caused by the game as such. What version of Windows and DirectX are you running? I suggest Google-ing that error. In the mean time play some Custom and Historical battles to get a feel for the new RC I guess.

One more thing, all the options in the game are cranked right up, in particular the Unit Quality is set to 'Highest', which I don't think you can set in-game but I had to do via the med2 .cfg file, and meaning that at longer distances it still uses the actual unit models rather than sprites. Combined with stuff like Extreme Shadows, 8xAA / 16xAnisotropic and some higher-res terrain textures it may be a bit slow Still my PC is around 8 years old and still runs it pretty well.

Let me emphasize again to please install SweetFX, it really takes things up a notch.
    Last edited by Point Blank; September 14, 2018 at 11:54 PM.

apparently its sweetfx related? when i removed the sweetfx files the game works now..

I may have installed it wrong

also to verify, when installing sweetfx do you put the whole sweetfx folder inside the medieval total war folder? or do you just add the contents from the sweetfx folder into the m2tw folder?
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 15, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Virian's Avatar Civis

torrent link not working :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oakenthrone View Post
    apparently its sweetfx related? when i removed the sweetfx files the game works now..

I may have installed it wrong

also to verify, when installing sweetfx do you put the whole sweetfx folder inside the medieval total war folder? or do you just add the contents from the sweetfx folder into the m2tw folder?
    Extract the contents of the .zip file (which is one folder and some files) into the Medieval 2 Total War Folder. Glad to hear you got it working regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Extract the contents of the .zip file (which is one folder and some files) into the Medieval 2 Total War Folder. Glad to hear you got it working regardless!

ok so to clarify, I re-installed sweetfx and got the error message again, so I removed it (for now)

my PC setup is windows 10 64-bit and DX12 with a gtx 970 and 16gb ram

and i can currently access custom and historical battles no problem, but when I try to start a campaign with any faction (both early and high campaigns) it crashes to desktop on loading screen after choosing a faction.
    Last edited by Lord Oakenthrone; September 15, 2018 at 12:56 AM.

Your PC too sophisticated for M2TW, think I have DX9 haha. You could always try something like ReShade, I had that working its very good, if a little more complex to set up than SweetFX.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oakenthrone View Post
    ok so to clarify, I re-installed sweetfx and got the error message again, so I removed it (for now)

my PC setup is windows 10 64-bit and DX12 with a gtx 970 and 16gb ram

and i can currently access custom and historical battles no problem, but when I try to start a campaign with any faction (both early and high campaigns) it crashes to desktop on loading screen after choosing a faction.
    R U using Disc or Steam?

Have you installed to Prog Files?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Tiro

Is there another way to download this mod? Tried the link to torrent does not work unfortunately, when clicking on the green magnet link nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan_1983 View Post
    Is there another way to download this mod? Tried the link to torrent does not work unfortunately, when clicking on the green magnet link nothing happens
    For me its okay, downloading with qBit just slow. But everything seems good with the torrent.

Im downloading via torrent, speed varies between 1.5mb - 2.3 mb(maximum of my internet). So compared to MEGA, way better

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    torrent link not working :/
    It does work, i just checked. Get 'magnet' one.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    R U using Disc or Steam?

Have you installed to Prog Files?

using steam version and its installed to the program files/steam spot but in my case (win 10) its the program files (x86) folder.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Managed to make uttorent work... download speed is 780 KB/s max... MEGA when I tried still had the data limit but as doing 1.1MB-2MB sec... like this I'm not sure which one would be faster but I've decided to go with torrent...

Wont let me download it, got "source computer not turned on" error, dont know why it happens since you are online...

Libertus

Thanks for torrent link. At last the mod downloaded.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The mod crashes on me whend i select a faction to play.

Quote Originally Posted by copitodelefa View Post
    Wont let me download it, got "source computer not turned on" error, dont know why it happens since you are online...
    Every link in that page seems to be broken for me.

https://gyazo.com/2c145754d45ad64eb5c9269884f0a194

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    The mod crashes on me whend i select a faction to play.
    Have a look in the system log file in Medieval 2 Total War\logs, look for the last line in the file that starts with 'error', what does it say?