Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Default Re: RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2 Released

Baghdad causes CTD. I don't know why...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    Frighten nearby Enemy attribute is messed, its too powerful and can be a game changing ( usually ), it affects morale way too much and makes routs too easy, also i noticed that morale is affecting troop performance so in this case spear type unit usually gets frightened by Cav and then they perform bad as well.

From all my battle expierence i see it as very dangerous trait if enemy poses then I initiate battles carefully.
    IMO, it's how it should be: cavalry in this period (and actually in all times) was not so deadly because of the fighting powers but because of the morale effects: the goal of a charge was to "break" formations, that is: to make the enemy fleeing. So winning against a spear unit should be not to beat them in the fight, but making them fleeing.

I actually think that in this big detail the system of Empire/Napoleon TW is the best: the outcome of a fight is not killing all the men in the unit but to demolish morale so that the unit flees. And the "health bar" of a unit doesn't conver the current number of men but morale. Very good part of otherwise very crappy game (the worst TW, imo).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 08, 2019 at 01:55 PM.

Civis

Hi Jurand,

I figured how it works.
    Morale hits are very significant if general is not presence or it's without right amount of command stars or morale traits. Eitherway you or AI rout very fast.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Yes, the impact of a general is very stron. Overseeing it can create many problems - see the discussion on EBII.

Civis

In case PB returns to this mod i make a bug report.

CTD during transition to battlemap. LAG in campaign map. Included photos and savegame file.

EDIT: CAMPAIGN MAP LAG - SOLVED. If you experience it, please make sure you dont use FPS Limiter or FPS recording program.

EDIT: Fatimid Early bodyguards crashes on battlemap. Can someone help me ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CTD.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	399.3 KB 
ID:	360155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctd SS_Setup.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	562.3 KB 
ID:	360156

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; December 10, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

For the fatimids bodyguard I put a solution a few comments ago.

I have another problem. In 1161 all the mercenaries of Cilicia disappear. I have researched the code and it is not supposed to disappear. What could be happening?
    Last edited by Toranks; December 11, 2019 at 07:11 AM.

Civis

Thanks. I did fix that ME_Bodyguard unit CTD. Well there is another post with a fix for grey troops for Miles_pedites though it didn't work, causes CTD. Maybe i did something wrong.

@Toranks, Hows Baghdad Causing CTD, let me know if its related to ME_Bodyguard and if you fixed it.

Civis

I'm experiencing CTD During Rebels turn. I think it's related to one of submods. Right now im playing new campaign because it unplayable anymore. I would appreciate if someone could point me how to analyse logs in order.

This is my savegame from turn 76~ played settings,

HRE VH/VH

BGTW IV
    Gracul AI
    Extended Combat
    Reduced cav charges
    KER
    DEYRebelion
    LongerAsimiliation
    RebelsEnhanced

The Baghdad CTD is not related to any specific unit, I have checked it. I still don't know how to fix it.

The fix of Miles Pedites requires that you use notepad ++ and scrupulously respect the format and lines of battlemodel database file. Publish here the lines you have modified (only that part, not the whole file)

About mercenaries, I have observed that some pools (Cilicia for example) are reset to zero every few years, but return again. Maybe it's a script.

During some hours of the day on some maps, (maybe sunrise in the desert), the battle do CTD. It has happened to me several times by press "Wait" at the beggining of the battle

Another weird bug: Turkopoles cavalry can't enter on battle with allied army. They remain inmobile at the edge of the map during the battle

Finally, the rebel turn CTD ruined my game
    I have tried using move_character to conquer all the rebel cities, but the error still remains. Until now I had solved it by retrying the turn again, but in the year 1217 it happens inevitably and irreversibly. It is not resolved by going back several turns.
    A very beautiful campaign with the Crusaders lost forever on christmas

Civis

As crusader states, several troops in battlemap sharing same models.
    Templar squire and sergeant swordsmen sharing same models. French longbowmen and templar longbowmen are identical as well.

@toranks what sub mods you play ? It can be related to one of them.

Name:	Captura.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	360269

Maybe "Rebel Generals Enhanced"?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Toranks View Post

Name:	Captura.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	360269

Maybe "Rebel Generals Enhanced"?
    Very likely it's because i can confirm that i've been playing my campaign with Rebels enhanced and experienced CTD until the only turn came after which i was no longer to get past it by any means. I gave up. Right now i'm playing without This submod and so far i'm at 64 turn and CTD happen only after long gameplay sessions (1-2 hour)

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing the mod. Everytime I try to complete running RRRC Ultimate setup it says kingdoms.exe can't be found. I've tried every solution to this problem including the manual copy/rename method, and the installer method. Any help would be appreciated!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer0000 View Post
    Hello,

I'm having trouble installing the mod. Everytime I try to complete running RRRC Ultimate setup it says kingdoms.exe can't be found. I've tried every solution to this problem including the manual copy/rename method, and the installer method. Any help would be appreciated!
    have you tried making a copy Medieval2.exe inside its located folder and then renaming it to a Kingdoms.exe ?

Why do Late Musketeers have such worse stats than Musketeers? Even if they fire more quickly it does not seem worth it. They also have less range.

Hi everyone. Can somebody upload patch1 and SS2.0 links? Patch 2 still working.
    And about all the attached file EDU? Is it necessary also having Patch 2? And what is SweetFX: downloaded it but still dont understand
    Thank you

Sorry for double posting, i meant RRCC2.0