Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

Default Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

Archaon's Loyal Allies

Inspired by the overwhelming response to my files made for TA:TW a M2TW mod - I have made this mod for all RTW, RTW-BI, and RTW-ALEX. !!!
    The thread for the TA:TW version of this mod can be found here. (where it all began!).

This will work with Vanilla AND ANY OTHER MOD - so long as you do not have to over-write any of the files.
    PM me if you have a question or suggestion.

Do you want two factions that are Allied to honor the Alliance?
    To make the AI not send a vessel to a port and blockade, ruining the alliance!
    To stop the AI roaming armies turn on their allies' undefended region instead of reinforce it like a ally would!
    To send an Emissary (Diplomat) to tell their ally they want to break the alliance?

Then this is the perfect mod!

This file will disable any army or navy units attempting to attack an ally Army, Settlement, Navy, or Port.
    Yes that is right - the AI will not break alliances by simply following their silly coded invasions!

If you ever wanted to invade an Ally's settlement or attack their armies, you will first need to send in a diplomat and tell them you no longer want the alliance.

For the AI and player alike, there are many other ways the Alliance can break. For instance, an allied factions diplomat receives a terrible proposal, they inform you an alliance is no longer necessary! happens all the time!
    Other ways the alliance can break, is if two factions are allied, but one goes to war with a faction the other ally is allied to, then the original 2 factions will break their alliance.

Then the cold war tactics could also break to alliance, (AS IT SHOULD), Assassins, spies, either of these fail a mission, it is highly possible your ally will find out an not be too pleased.

Here is an example of how this looks in game;

Installation;
    Download the attached files
    *descr_cursor_actions.txt
    *cursor_action_tooltips.txt

1. Copy descr_cursor_actions.txt to your "Activision\Rome - Total War\Data" directory.
    2. Copy cursor_action_tooltips.txt to your "Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\text" directory.

Load the game!
    It is savegame compatible.

Licensing:
    Open - free for anyone to use (with Credit given).
    This is directed at anyone who wishes to use my modified files.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Archaon's Loyal Allies Modification Files [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

A little synopses of what it does would be nice...?

Yeah I say as Spartan. If it is what I think it is, it would be great for my use.
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Do you want two factions that are Allied to honor the Alliance?
    To make the AI not send a vessel to a port and blockade, ruining the alliance!
    To stop the AI roaming armies turn on their allies' undefended region instead of reinforce it like a ally would!
    To send an Emissary (Diplomat) to tell their ally they want to break the alliance?

Then this is the perfect mod!

This file will disable any army or navy units attempting to attack an ally Army, Settlement, Navy, or Port.
    Yes that is right - the AI will not break alliances by simply following their silly coded invasions!

If you ever wanted to invade an Ally's settlement or attack their armies, you will first need to send in a diplomat and tell them you no longer want the alliance.

For the AI and player alike, there are many other ways the Alliance can break. For instance, an allied factions diplomat receives a terrible proposal, they inform you an alliance is no longer necessary! happens all the time!
    Other ways the alliance can break, is if two factions are allied, but one goes to war with a faction the other ally is allied to, then the original 2 factions will break their alliance.

Then the cold war tactics could also break to alliance, (AS IT SHOULD), Assassins, spies, either of these fail a mission, it is highly possible your ally will find out an not be too pleased.

Ah, I see. Very cool. Will definitely try this out, but I get the feeling I'll be very satisfied with it. +rep.

It looks really interesting!! I only hope it doesn't mess up AI behaviour, maybe the AI isn't smart enough to send diplomats to another AI faction just to break the alliance..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    It looks really interesting!! I only hope it doesn't mess up AI behaviour, maybe the AI isn't smart enough to send diplomats to another AI faction just to break the alliance..
    Ask yourself, other than the stupid blockading and attacking allies low garrisoned forts/settlements that they are meant to protect..
    For what reason would the AI want to break an alliance?

1. Because they are being treated unfairly in diplomatic exchanges? The AI always informs to break an alliance in this instance.
    2. Because allied spies and assassins are targeting you. The AI doesn't need to break the alliance - the game engine breaks it if these spies or assassins fail and are caught!
    3. Because an alliance is no longer possible as your allies start to war with another ally of yours, The AI doesn't need to break the alliance - the game engine breaks them.
    4. Because the AI want to conquer your land! Well that is simply bad AI.. Historically an ally wouldn't march on another allies land unless that leader was insane, but really when did this happen?

Further to no.4 It isn't hard making some scripts to help the AI.
    Things like if a new Leader is appointed with some terrible traits, the diplomatic stance is set to neutral with a random percent.

Or if Assassins and/or spies are in an allies land, random percent the alliance is broken.

That is a great idea!

Just a question but what possible conflicts could there be if using it on mods?

Conflicts? I honestly do not know of any mod changing these files.
    So a conflict in that sense is unlikely.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Just tested it on XC(BI), AI still breaks my alliance without diplomats or agents although I cannot attack.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

have made this mod for all RTW, RTW-BI, and RTW-ALEX. !!!
    It doesn´t work for EB1.2
    Do you have any suggestions?

@Ludicus,
    I'll install EB 1.2 and find out why.

@Zarax,
    I would install that mod too but dont know what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    @Zarax,
    I would install that mod too but dont know what it is..
    XGM Extended Cultures.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1101

Edit: I'm also experiencing the same as Zarax, but in Amazon Total War.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    @Ludicus,
    I'll install EB 1.2 and find out why.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    XGM Extended Cultures.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1101

Edit: I'm also experiencing the same as Zarax, but in Amazon Total War.
    XC - BI works perfect.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I just installed it, with Carthage senate (weird i can see it as Romans) and BI.exe, and defined region borders.

First turn i made an alliance with Gauls and was no longer able to attack them! Played about 15 turns and left my settlements open for attack and they didn't attack - But the alliance soon broke (turned Neutral) when my other ally Carthage attacked my port, Gauls chose to keep the alliance with Carthage and thus Roman and Gauls alliance broke.

EDIT: I will download Amazon Total War next.

EDIT: EB1.2 is still downloading..

Play a few turns through it.
    I'd suggest picking carthage and wait around 2 years, IGCS is allied to you but will reliably backstab you without provocation.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Play a few turns through it.
    I'd suggest picking carthage and wait around 2 years, IGCS is allied to you but will reliably backstab you without provocation.
    I used money to forge protectorates and allies and you are correct, in XC the AI does attack but it seems scripted. I checked the files and sure enough, XC has many diplomatic_stance commands in the scripts. As you are aware.

I suggest that XC might want to re-think the way they do their diplomacy in a future release if they choose to use this mod. Most of the diplomatic scripts can be made redundant.

I will try out a few more mods..

There is no background script, we have only a starting script that works before turn one.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    There is no background script, we have only a starting script that works before turn one.
    I see XGM-XC_Campaign_Script.txt that use this command. But i forgot its a once off script in RTW..

Ok, not sure what is happening then.. Any ideas?

I'll continue doing these checks, with other mods too..

My thought is that this doesn't affect the AI as they don't have to "click" on anything. It's a shame really. This would be so nice.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast