10 58.82%
  • Sunset over Rome 2.0

6 35.29%
  • Game of Thrones Revival

3 17.65%
  • Abstain

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What's Next On The Roleplay Dish?

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default What's Next On The Roleplay Dish?

Members of the CRPG forum, after a small hiatus, the team has decided to present a poll on how to best go forward. We have a few options to consider, nothing new though cause we feel it would take too long to make a whole new rp. However, be aware that if anyone wants to develop an idea, go for it! We would love to see your idea proposed! Otherwise, here are the three following options.

1. My Kingdom for a Horse 2.0
    - This will be a timeskip from the original rp and jump forward to after the First Crusade. Details will be hammered out in terms of characters participating, rewards for those who participate, as well any other details. All I know of, from conversations with the mod team, is that MKFAH will feature a power struggle between the ambitious and young Edward of Rouen and his father, King Edgar Atheling. Might have some minor rule tweaks with the inclusion of a Normandy map (courtesy of Gandy's expert works!)

2. Sunset over Rome 2.0
    - No exact determination on what this setting could be. However, discussions with Barry have revealed several possibilities. Tetarchy (Rise of Constantine or an ahistorical setting), Gallic/Palmyrene Empire (Third Century Crisis), Constantine III (usurper during the reign of Honorius), Procopius (usurper during the reign of Arcadius), Majorian/Anthemius (very late Roman Empire). There would be some rule updates with this setting, of course. They will be relatively minor compared to the third option.

3. Game of Thrones Revival
    - Now this has been discussed extensively with the community and the only way this will be done is a slash and burn of the rules. Overall seeking to cut off a lot of the fat (rules that are rarely or never used), simplify the rules and revolutionize the whole roleplay to make it the next stage of GoT. No exact setting in mind presently, but I can assure you all, it will not be Robert's Rebellion (haha!).
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Default Re: What's Next On The Roleplay Dish?

For sunset we could always pick up where we left off I think,

So we seem to be leaning overwhelmingly to a MKFAH setting, maybe we could make a new poll to include some of the Roman stuff that's been proposed? Namely Sunset, Republican settings, or a principate setting? Of course a republican setting is highly broad, and we'd need to settle on one either in or far from the 1st century BCE

I can set that up today.