Thread: Some Issues Editing the descr_strat of KGCM

Default Some Issues Editing the descr_strat of KGCM

Hi anyone that took the time to look,

I love vanilla M2TW but fully appreciate its shortcomings, so mods like KGCM are perfect for me, staying true to the vanilla experience whilst improving on it in several ways. However, I often find myself wanting an earlier period campaign with less established factions and more rebels to allow for more unpredictable expansion between every runthrough.

As a result, I have started editing descr_strat (ordinarily, i know this file inside out which is why im unsure about the trouble im having) to change faction starting settlements and armies, also to remove mongols and crusade factions. The issue im having however is that, although i am able to change the ownership of the regions without error, listing the garrisons for them has been very hit and miss.

When trying to regarrison cities with rebels using the exact same coordinates originally used, sometimes the game just CTDs at the campaign map screen. The frustrating part is that it is inconsistent, for example I pasted 4 egyptian armies into the rebel section, giving an appropriate sub_faction and ensuring the settlements were moved from egypt to slaves, and the game ctds at the campaign select, yet trying this again the next day after changing ownership of some other settlements, it would ALLOW this but then instead take issue with another settlement garrison instead.

Sorry this is convoluted, essentially what im asking is, are there any known issues with texting editing for this mod? I know it uses a custom map, unsure if its geomod or bigmap and ive seen recommendations that you should edit with notepad++ (i usually just use normal notepad and have never had problems with other mods doing this) due to weird formatting problems. I have triple checked the coordinates, that everything has been moved correctly. I strip changes back and things work again, but then when reapplying changes it just doesn't seem to work, despite throughly checking they are correct.

Realise its not a busy forum as most people have left this game but any advice would be welcome, ive scourged pre existing threads for answers but im struggling to find any clarity or advise.

Im also concerned that if im having this trouble with a file as simple as this, that it will be even more disastrous if i try to change edb or edu at any point, as i often do like to tinker with the balance here as well.

Also, error log isnt turning anything up...

THANK YOU in advance
    Last edited by Thermal; September 07, 2018 at 08:05 AM.