Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: War of Petty Kings - (Durandon/Dayne victory)

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Default Re: War of Petty Kings

Knew I was stretched thin, but I forgot to take your fort of men into account. *shrug*
    Oh well

Also, I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to do such a thing.
    I really really didn't want to do it this time, but self preservation comes before alliances, unless its a blood alliance.
    In that case, I would've been more apt to fight til the end, but this wasn't much of a war. It was a blood bath.
    Last edited by BerryKnight; February 15, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by BerryKnight View Post
    Knew I was stretched thin, but I forgot to take your fort of men into account. *shrug*
    Oh well

Also, I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to do such a thing.
    I really really didn't want to do it this time, but self preservation comes before alliances, unless its a blood alliance.
    In that case, I would've been more apt to fight til the end, but this wasn't much of a war. It was a blood bath.
    Of course not, your free to break and betray any ally as you wish but don't expect me to trust you again, It's simple your acts were devious and treacherous and I thought it best to post in the thread informing all of your treachery.

Well at least now I have a few nominations for 'Most devious player' when the awards come around

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    Of course not, your free to break and betray any ally as you wish but don't expect me to trust you again, It's simple your acts were devious and treacherous and I thought it best to post in the thread informing all of your treachery.

Well at least now I have a few nominations for 'Most devious player' when the awards come around
    I'll take all the nominations possible. Besides, you should never fully trust an ally unless you have a marriage alliance.
    That being said, I really really tried this time. I wanted this alliance to work. "Should have betrayed earlier he says. Would have been better he says".
    Well then, maybe I should have, but did I? Nope. Did I want to, yes, but I was trying to be a good ally.
    Give you advise, positioning, diplomacy, and forting.
    Sure, you were attacked without warning in the reach, but I figured, "Hey, he's got the most defensible position on the map".
    Fails to fort properly, and doesn't change it despite it doing what I thought it would. You got cut off from the west with all your forces.
    Not enough night fighters to attack, so he decideds to leave me to defend the west with 1 stack, while he runs off with the other 3 to attack Blackwood.
    He uses the remaining stack in the west to defend against Blackwood, and completely ignores Durrandon, leaving many settlements open in the process...

I mean, come on. You really want me to stay with you after that??? Heck no man. Only a marriage alliance would keep me from ending this madness.
    Sure, I'm a traitor, and I accept that. But you need to improve your play. I even gave you advice despite now being your enemy for future reference.
    Will you remember? Probably not, but it might help you.
    Anyways, that's all I have to say on the subject. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryKnight View Post
    I'll take all the nominations possible. Besides, you should never fully trust an ally unless you have a marriage alliance.
    That being said, I really really tried this time. I wanted this alliance to work. "Should have betrayed earlier he says. Would have been better he says".
    Well then, maybe I should have, but did I? Nope. Did I want to, yes, but I was trying to be a good ally.
    Give you advise, positioning, diplomacy, and forting.
    Sure, you were attacked without warning in the reach, but I figured, "Hey, he's got the most defensible position on the map".
    Fails to fort properly, and doesn't change it despite it doing what I thought it would. You got cut off from the west with all your forces.
    Not enough night fighters to attack, so he decideds to leave me to defend the west with 1 stack, while he runs off with the other 3 to attack Blackwood.
    He uses the remaining stack in the west to defend against Blackwood, and completely ignores Durrandon, leaving many settlements open in the process...

I mean, come on. You really want me to stay with you after that??? Heck no man. Only a marriage alliance would keep me from ending this madness.
    Sure, I'm a traitor, and I accept that. But you need to improve your play. I even gave you advice despite now being your enemy for future reference.
    Will you remember? Probably not, but it might help you.
    Anyways, that's all I have to say on the subject. Carry on.
    Never trust an ally unless you have a marriage alliance?

Yes your right about the forts but everything else I call bs and to be honest you act like you've never made mistakes and are perfect.

As I told you before that stack was in range of the goldon tooth and CR so you definately wernt defending he region alone + I had more troops arriving so not sure were you got that idea from.

You wanted me to leave my border with blackwood undefended yet it was confirmed by 2 players that his plans were to attack.. you claim to be all knowing but a few of your so called advise would of resulted in disaster.

What you expect me do, let the enemy attack first?

Your last piece of advise would of caused the destruction of my last stacks and yes I made mistake. As I told you before I'm not the best player and you try to belittle me with my mistakes? Not a nice thing too do eh? How mature of you.

I simply stated facts that you betrayed me and it seems to have triggered you.
    Last edited by PeaMan; February 15, 2019 at 02:23 PM.

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Tyrell_18.sav - Tyrell Up

Plumfield and Deep Den taken with OO.

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

The alliance with House Gardener has run its course. The Shield Islands are in the hands of House Greyiron, their navy rests shattered at the bottom of the sea and thousands of their soldiers lie dead courtesy of the ironborn. Their surviving armies are rushing north—against our advice—leaving Dorne to shoulder the burden of defending their southern holdings. The limited usefulness of House Gardener has become clear. With the Lannister threat decisively defeated, we see no purpose in protecting House Gardener any longer. Instead, we will finish what we started years ago, with the Battle of Prince’s Pass.

It seems we should rename this hotseat “War of Petty Betrayers.”

I don’t do this very often, but sometimes circumstances warrant it. I’ve wanted to finish off Gardener ever since the previous player tried to bully me, then got his ass kicked and ran away with his tail between his legs. The only reason I reluctantly agreed to cease hostilities in the first place was because Lannister was practically on our doorstep already, and I feared a Lannister-Gardener coalition. If Gardener hadn’t lost severely to Greyiron, I probably wouldn’t be doing this. Ironically, if Gardener had followed my advice a couple turns ago and kept his forces in the south to defend against the ironborn, this betrayal would be much more difficult. I’m not saying this to claim that it’s Joker’s ‘fault,’ because it isn’t really. The only ‘mistake’ he made was losing a lot of his forces and lands to Greyiron, but in my eyes that was enough of a mistake to sway me toward betrayal, which I don’t take lightly.

So apologies to Joker, but this is the course I’ve chosen. Vacant Uplands taken, several other castles besieged.

Blackwood:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6r...ew?usp=sharing

Bribe:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRF...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    So apologies to Joker, but this is the course I’ve chosen. Vacant Uplands taken, several other castles besieged.
    Understandable, I have been too arrogant rushing against the Lannisters and the Ironborn. No harsh feelings
    Though you're wrong when it comes to my fleet, the docks of Oldtown are being used in their fullest potential; and the fact that I've had a strong enough force to defeat any ironborn if they landed (excluding the recruiting around Oldtown for reinforcements).
    Still I understand your decision, and I would've probably done the same in your position.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Need extension for battle testing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bar Emmon up
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apologies for my lateness. In a tournament that ends tomorrow, so I've been hard focused on it.
    Playing now.

Battles ~ https://imgur.com/a/5hj3gBG

Lanny up ~ https://www.mediafire.com/file/2exz3...ny_19.sav/file
    Last edited by BerryKnight; February 24, 2019 at 01:53 AM.

So the next turn will decide the fate of house Lannister, the odds are 50/50 I would say.

Stormking up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/if3gf5c5aul28ci/WoPK_Stormking_19.sav/file

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Tyrell_19.sav - Tyrell up

Lannisport, one of the great cities of Westeros, has fallen to the forces of House Durrandon whose kingdom now stretches coast to coast from the Narrow Sea to the Sunset Sea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lannisport victory.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	357480

Bribes-

Name:	bribe 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	357478

Name:	bribe 2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	357479
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lannisport battle.jpg  
    Last edited by Epic Total war; February 25, 2019 at 07:16 PM.

Dayne up! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...K_Dayne_19.sav
    Red Lake taken with overwhelming odds

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

The forces of House Gardener trapped in the south are defeated on land and at sea. Honeyholt, Hammerhal, and Brightwater Keep are also captured with overwhelming odds.

Blackwood:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VwT...ew?usp=sharing

On Land:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lnY...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ryF...ew?usp=sharing

At Sea:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ae2...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yIA...ew?usp=sharing

The Lannister armies have been vanquished.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Subbed Bar Emmon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Melon; February 28, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

Stormking up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/8w1ya34dmdf4bx0/WoPK_Stormking_20.sav/file

Name:	King (2).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	357568

With this new union the Crown unveils its new banner, a crowned stag side by side with the banner of House Dayne.

Name:	Banner of the Crown.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	357569

As a preemptive move the King of all Westeros led his army into the Riverlands to strike at the assembled forces of House Blackwood and House Bar Emmon. In a series of four battles, their forces were annihilated, the remnants retreating back to their castles and put to siege. The remaining lords of Westeros should take this as a stern warning that rising up against the power of House Durrandon and House Dayne will bring nothing but destruction to your house, we urge you to submit to our rule.

Battles-

Name:	Battle 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	357570

Name:	Battle 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	357571