Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Balance

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Game Balance

I will look at implementing a roman recruitment system for the AI via the script.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i noticed that the AI mostly recruits the low tier units that build within 1/2 turns, dunno whats possible there to make them recruit high tier units too.
    I think the CAI is comparing unitcosts and stats for the decision what to recruit. they first recruit whatever units are available, then agents and then buildings. me2tw has a recruitment priority which can be added in the edu.txt, indiciating for the CAI more important units, if available to recruit.

-
    Last edited by ToastCake; December 15, 2022 at 05:22 PM.

I don't know if it's been adjusted but cavalry in this mod seems to have similar unit sizes to the infantry and are also comparable in terms of cost and upkeep. Sometimes they're even cheaper. Doesn't seem like there's much incentive to build infantry armies even as the Romans. Sure, Roman cavalry became more numerous and heavier over time but infantry was still predominant in terms of numbers.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

OskarEriksson's Avatar Foederatus

Playing with the roman client kingdom of Bosporus, i had a lot to do for years in 260 campaigns with the little buzzards, goths and herulij, and the herulij seems a little bit too much overpowered, not even with upgraded veteran troops i can defeat them in open fields, even bosporan agema elite infantry is massacred in line against their elite units, only with cavalry, hit and run attacks, and much fatigue, and much losses, i can defeat them. In 4 years from 260 to 264 i killed something like 30.000 goths, (exterminating full stack armies surrounding them), and circa 10.000 heruli but while the goths surrendered, the herulij keep coming and one half elite stack of them almost destroyed one of my choosen full stacks, with agema cavalry, roman auxiliary troops, evocati, bosporan legionaries, cataphracts, horse archers, i was almost defeated. Only with much efforts i destroyed them killing their kings and almost loosing all my infantry. The bosporan palace guard was totally annihilated against their comitatus. And they was experienced troops with years of war against the goths and upgraded in armour and experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12