Thread: Installation help needed.

Default Installation help needed.

Hi haven't played RTW2 for years (since release I guess) becuase it was quite franky, .

Thought i'd try with a mod, so reinstalled, subbed to all 10 parts, now I can't even uninstall the thing on STEAM as it says 'app running'

WTF?

I've unsubbed to your mod on STEAM and still I can't uninstall it, or verify or anything else.

I'd like to give DEI a go, but it has been a complete disaster so far.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Installation help needed.

I'd do a fresh install of Rome 2 (though probably unnecessary) and just download the standalone, 2-part version of DeI on this sub-forum. All you have to do is drop the 2 .pack files into your Rome 2 'data' folder. I find this easier and more convenient than having to deal with the 10-part Steam version. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Title.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
    Hi haven't played RTW2 for years (since release I guess) becuase it was quite franky, .

Thought i'd try with a mod, so reinstalled, subbed to all 10 parts, now I can't even uninstall the thing on STEAM as it says 'app running'

WTF?

I've unsubbed to your mod on STEAM and still I can't uninstall it, or verify or anything else.

This happens at times with steam and is fixed by a simple restart of the pc. I doubt DEI is causing that problem so just do this and try to re lunch.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Title.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I like how there is a problem which is most likely caused by steam and its... DEI completely wrecked everything. Yes. We have made a mod that breaks the game and yet we have convinced a couple of thousand people to install the mod.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Title.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

WTF?

just exit steam and go into CTRL + ALT + DEL and in task manager close all the entries that state “appoinium process” (or something named like that as I am not on PC right now!) and end task on each of those, as there will be a few to close down. Once done open steam again and it should work.

this has nothing to do with DEI mod and is a steam related problem.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Title.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice, I am up and running now. Maybe if once in a while I actually switched off my PC instead of using 'sleep'...I'd also like to apologise for my snippy attitude earlier, I was in a rush and wanted to at least get underway with this mod. To introduce myself I go way back to the beginning of this series, and have mostly played Rome 1 and MTW2 with Stainless Steel, and a little bit others with Darth. I have been away from the series for several years after debacle which was the release of Rome 2, I left the series went over to the excellent Pradox titles, EUIV (2300 hours), and played HOI III to death, I haven't played IV as it seemed like they'd dumbed it down and abstracted a lot of the micro I really enjoyed in III for example building up Army Groups North, Centre and South and launching Barbarossa, and then flipping it round and playing as the Red Army. The Eastern Front is my absolute military history passion.

cont: hit enter by mistake. I also love the Ancient World, though most of my degree was spent studying all things Medieval - my favourite historical period.

On loading, I was a bit overwhelmed and this mod seems a world away from my albeit hazy memories of vanilla. I'm going to play first as Carthage, but I'm going to do some reading round first.

I assume there's a host of sub-mods to further enhance it, which would you reccomend? I enjoy slower battles that's for sure and really love role play.

Thanks in advance SC. (Yes I am a huge Steelers fan).
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Title.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

cont: hit enter by mistake. I also love the Ancient World, though most of my degree was spent studying all things Medieval - my favourite historical period.

On loading, I was a bit overwhelmed and this mod seems a world away from my albeit hazy memories of vanilla. I'm going to play first as Carthage, but I'm going to do some reading round first.

I assume there's a host of sub-mods to further enhance it, which would you reccomend? I enjoy slower battles that's for sure and really love role play.

Thanks in advance SC. (Yes I am a huge Steelers fan).
    If you prefer using Steam there's a collection of submods in the Workshop, you should be able to find it if you subbed to the others that way. There are a wide range, pick and choose and see what you like. I like the softcore version, sets a slower pace!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Title.

Thanks spleen.

Does anyone know if slower battles in the sub mod collection will work with 1.23? I've also added the Barcid Dynasty mod and a 4tpy both from the official Dresden list.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Title.

and a 4tpy both from the official Dresden list.
    4tpy? This should be the standard setting in DeI, you don't need a mod for 4tpy.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

@SteelCurtain

You title is absolutely misleading. DEI has nothing to do with incorrect installation (your fault) and how STEAM works (also not our fault). If you don't know how to install a mod, just ask for help instead of creating misleading threads.
    I would advice you to be more clear and careful with your thread's title next time. As a result I have edited your title.

Cheers.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    @SteelCurtain

You title is absolutely misleading. DEI has nothing to do with incorrect installation (your fault) and how STEAM works (also not our fault). If you don't know how to install a mod, just ask for help instead of creating misleading threads.
    I would advice you to be more clear and careful with your thread's title next time. As a result I have edited your title.

Cheers.
    Unforgiving, yet just! The moderator we need but we don't deserve.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Unforgiving, yet just! The moderator we need but we don't deserve.

Cheers!
    I'm a known Dark Knight fan.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Title.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'm a known Dark Knight fan.
    Kudos for getting the reference

Keep it up my man. Make all those indisciplined forum dwellers learn their lesson
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Title.

@SteelCurtain I know you're a new member, so my message was more like a guidance note to you.
    I don't appreciate the panic-overreacting threads though.

PS

I have moved the out of topic posts to the
    [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Feel free to continue there.

Thread closed.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 03, 2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Merged posts.