Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bovine M2TW Checker

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

can you send me the actual log-files of yours?
    i would like to compare and look for stuff your tool found

Browsing through the reports for rotk. I have found some false ones. This probably overlaps with what you already reported, but for my own reference I'm posting here.

CS 2276: Event counter "sunmission09_accepted" is set but never checked.

The counter is checked in the form of triggering a monitor. I need to read monitor_event eventcounter eventcountertype <countername> as a check of event counter.

CS 9255: Event counter "no_advice" is set but never checked.

This is checked in export_descr_advice, I need to read that.

14: (Entry Faction england) Reference "loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_england.tga" does not exist.
    34: (Entry Faction france) Reference "loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_france.tga" does not exist.
    54: (Entry Faction hre) Reference "loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_hre.tga" does not exist.

Presumably these are vanilla files available to mods? If I could have a full listing of unpacked vanilla files rather than just the strat_models, that would be helpful.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Tartaros, sorry, didn't see your post because I was on page 4. I think you would get better reports if you ran it yourself, particularly on sounds, as I don't have any of yours, only the packs. But sure, here you go.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

14: (Entry Faction england) Reference "loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_england.tga" does not exist.
    It's vanilla - but then it doesn't work to start it - leftover from RTW.

List of vanilla files:

symbol128_aztecs.tga
    symbol128_byzantium.tga
    symbol128_denmark.tga
    symbol128_egypt.tga
    symbol128_england.tga
    symbol128_france.tga
    symbol128_hre.tga
    symbol128_hungary.tga
    symbol128_milan.tga
    symbol128_mongols.tga
    symbol128_moors.tga
    symbol128_papal_states.tga
    symbol128_poland.tga
    symbol128_portugal.tga
    symbol128_russia.tga
    symbol128_scotland.tga
    symbol128_sicily.tga
    symbol128_slaves.tga
    symbol128_spain.tga
    symbol128_timurids.tga
    symbol128_turks.tga
    symbol128_venice.tga

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's vanilla - but then it doesn't work to start it - leftover from RTW.
    I don't know what that means. Can you rephrase? My current understanding of what you say is that those are vanilla files, but it doesn't work to refer to them in any mod, they need to be in the mod folder? I have no idea what you mean leftover from RTW - those are clearly M2TW factions?

List of vanilla files:

symbol128_aztecs.tga
    symbol128_byzantium.tga
    symbol128_denmark.tga
    symbol128_egypt.tga
    symbol128_england.tga
    symbol128_france.tga
    symbol128_hre.tga
    symbol128_hungary.tga
    symbol128_milan.tga
    symbol128_mongols.tga
    symbol128_moors.tga
    symbol128_papal_states.tga
    symbol128_poland.tga
    symbol128_portugal.tga
    symbol128_russia.tga
    symbol128_scotland.tga
    symbol128_sicily.tga
    symbol128_slaves.tga
    symbol128_spain.tga
    symbol128_timurids.tga
    symbol128_turks.tga
    symbol128_venice.tga
    I was asking about a list of the full unpacked contents of the vanilla data folder. You mentioned that this would take about 30K. That is what I'd like to have.

================
    ================

Created a new version. Note that the configuration files' location have changed and there is a new configuration parameter.

Changes made
    Added reading of show me scripts and export_descr_advice.
    Hardcoded event counters "disable_no_brigands" and "disable_no_pirates" are now considered always in use even if not explicitly referred to in the script.
    Moved configuration files into an own folder.
    Accent prefix check can now be turned off in the configuration file.
    Diplomacy speech verification is no longer run if diplomacy_speech.txt is not available, avoiding a ton of reports which are probably false.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

'Vanilla' always refers to unedited, original files - either present (eg in 'world' directory) or packed.
    RTW leftover - files\code exclusively used by RTW and not removed by devs, eg carthage faction symbol, bottom part of the vanilla descr_strat file, sapping mechanics files. Some of these files are still referenced by the executable even though they are not used, like these symbol128 files.

Those files were the faction's symbol on the loading screen in RTW, eg the scipii symbol would show if you played scipii, brutii if you played brutii etc.

And here is your full file listing, all 36K of them: vanilla_filelisting.zip
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 28, 2018 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Tartaros, sorry, didn't see your post because I was on page 4. I think you would get better reports if you ran it yourself, particularly on sounds, as I don't have any of yours, only the packs. But sure, here you go.
    thanks - i will start finishing the scripts that provide this many unused messages as they are preparations to the missin script.

Those files were the faction's symbol on the loading screen in RTW, eg the scipii symbol would show if you played scipii, brutii if you played brutii etc.
    Those files are clearly M2TW factions' files though, not RTW ones. I remember distinctly that the Aztecs and Papal States did not play much of a role in RTW . That doesn't preclude them being superfluous, of course.

And here is your full file listing, all 36K of them: vanilla_filelisting.zip
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by bovi; October 06, 2018 at 02:49 PM.

================
    ================

Found some false reports found in Rotk:

Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruction.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruct_def.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.

These are referenced in descr_engine_skeleton.txt, which I do not yet read.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Those files are clearly M2TW factions' files though, not RTW ones. I remember distinctly that the Aztecs and Papal States did not play much of a role in RTW . That doesn't preclude them being superfluous, of course.
    They are indeed M2TW faction related - just totally superfluous as the RTW mechanic for their use has been disabled. Labeling the files as 'RTW left over' can be misleading in this case, agreed, unlike cases like the sapping where the RTW mechanic has been disabled and the (superfluous) original files are still present.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 07, 2018 at 11:50 AM.

I have been neglecting work on this for some weeks now, sorry.

Currently, I want to make these additions:
    * Make the expansion to read and check files related to war engines
    * Add a check that no tests of traits reference trait levels that do not exist.

Anything else I have forgotten about that was reported earlier?

================
    ================

nice

I uploaded a new version. Changes made:

Vanilla animation files and models strat files are no longer listed separately, but rather in the same vanillaFiles.txt. All vanilla files are now listed, not only models_strat and animations.
    EDCT is now read earlier in the process, to have the trait definitions available to other processes.
    Trait usage is now read in advice scripts, as well as the campaign script.
    The checker now verifies that testing for trait level is not done on trait levels higher than exists.
    Added file crosscheck for siege engines.

I don't think there is anything else to add or correct right now. Let me know if I forgot something you guys reported earlier, or if you find anything else fishy. Or if you find some kind of error in your mod that needs a systematic search for similar ones.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

That was kinda scary - all logs blank except the graphic one in RotK (suppressed hidden traits and accent prefixes), I vaguely remember tons of anti trait warnings the last time. Actually checked if I had remmed the other output, but it's not. Same runcheck and configuration as before:

runcheck_rotk.bat:

REM javac -d ./target src/*.java
    java -cp target BovineM2twCheck configurationRotK.txt
    start notepad eda.error.log
    start notepad edct.error.log
    start notepad graphics_n_units.error.log
    start notepad sounds.error.log
    start notepad script.error.log
    start notepad building.error.log

configurationRotK.txt (deleted all the comment lines here):

DATAFOLDER=C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/rotk/data
    STRAT=world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    ;VANILLA_ANIMATIONS_REQUIRED=NO
    HIDDEN_TRAIT_DESCRIPTIONS_SUPPRESSED=YES
    ACCENT_PREFIXES_SUPPRESSED=YES
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 04, 2018 at 06:08 AM.

Blank output files means it must be crashing on something - I only tested on EB's set of files, I'll make a run on Rotk as well to see what's happening.

================
    ================

Crashes on TGC on account of the "great bombard" having a mass of "5q" in descr_engines.txt. I expect a number in this position, not an alphanumeric. Typo? Removing the q makes the checker run fine.

The exact same thing in 1648.

The exact same thing in bare_geomod.

Does not crash on Rotk for me, but I recall encountering the 5q at some point and having removed the q somewhere, possibly in the Rotk file? Gigantus, can you check whether that was there, and post your command line output if not?

I'm getting suspicious that it is supposed to be 5q, when it's the exact same thing in 3 mods (probably 4). If it is intentional, what does it mean?

By the way, EB2 does not have a great bombard, which is probably the reason why we're not having that thing. It's from vanilla, I suppose?
    Last edited by bovi; November 04, 2018 at 08:43 AM.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

Yup, great bombard with 5q is vanilla. Present in RotK as well. Removing the q in RotK produces regular logs ('no error detected' and messages).

No idea about the q, my money is on some typo that wasn't noticed as it didn't cause an error. It's right next to the Tab button, so maybe big fingers?
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 04, 2018 at 09:03 AM.

So, a typo then. Because it comes from vanilla, I guess I should make a special processing for it as it will be present in lots of mods. Rather than crashing, it shoud report the value not being a number.

Edit: Done. I'll wait a bit with uploading a new version as there may be more stuff discovered shortly.
    Last edited by bovi; November 04, 2018 at 09:18 AM.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

That file will be in every Kingdoms mod - it has got the push point update for the siege ram ( 6 --> 10), hence the lone ram animations in the animation folder and the siege engine folder in mods.