Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bovine M2TW Checker

Default Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

If you post your checker log files here, perhaps others can see what may be the critical fault in your mod files. No guarantees.

Hopefully the new (yet unreleased) version will make it easier to find out what is the problem. It will output things like this, bold marked text is new from the released version.

Quote Originally Posted by Console output
    Starting the checker. This will show terse information about main stages starting.
    You can see more verbose output by tailing "checker.output.log".

Initializing the tool.
    Starting up the checker using configuration file "configuration.txt".
    Did not find the configuration file in the root folder of the tool. Looking for it under config instead.
    Configuration file found. Starting up.
    Your configuration file sets the data folder to ../../../mods/EBII/dataxxx/ (resolving to canonical path C:\Spill\EB2Svn\mods\EBII\dataxxx), which does not exist. You need to fix the value you set in configuration.txt.
    Your configuration file sets the strat folder to ../../../mods/EBII/dataxxx/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/ (resolving to canonical path C:\Spill\EB2Svn\mods\EBII\dataxxx\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign), which does not exist. You need to fix the value you set in configuration.txt.
    Bailing from fatal fault in configuration.

(Halting the run because of the error, so you can see this message - press ENTER to dismiss it.)

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

If I may shoot some guesses your way, I would think that campaign load crashes are most likely due to something wrong in descr_strat or your map. Could you have misspelled a character type in descr_strat for instance? Or placed something in an inaccessible location (land-based stuff at sea, ships on land, anything in mountains or rivers, stuff located together with enemy stuff)? Is a region missing a settlement location pixel?

Apart from certain descr_strat errors (loose references to other files, or unparseable syntax), you will not find any of these with this tool (invalid map coordinates would be a good test to code at some point, I suppose). But you may get some information by taking a backup of your strat folder and putting in SS' files in their place temporarily. Chances are your other changes are incompatible with their strat setup, of course. It probably will still crash, but IF it loads, you'd know where to focus your search.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

You know what? That's not a bad guess. The Bovine Checker says there is a problem with "Strat_map", in that there is no slave faction, but I have that.

I remember now toggling the full map to look at Byzantium and Nicaea was halfway into a hillside and also had a lake flooding part of the town. I don't think it's supposed to look like that. I sure don't remember it looking like that. However, I don't know how to fix it. But maybe you're right. Maybe I accidently messed up a coordinate somewhere in the strat_file. I will check everything there under Byzantium to make sure nothing overlaps or is missing an x,y coordinate.

Thanks for bringing that up. I hope I can find the problem.

I don't think this is the cause of your crash, but as you mention it, you may have a faction called slave, but still not marked as such. You would set this line on the relevant faction in descr_sm_factions.txt:

special_faction_type slave_faction

There is also another special faction type you can set, the papal_faction. The checker will report if you do not have exactly one slave faction or more than one papal faction (none is okay for papal, but not for slave).

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I don't think this is the cause of your crash, but as you mention it, you may have a faction called slave, but still not marked as such. You would set this line on the relevant faction in descr_sm_factions.txt:

special_faction_type slave_faction

There is also another special faction type you can set, the papal_faction. The checker will report if you do not have exactly one slave faction or more than one papal faction (none is okay for papal, but not for slave).
    Oh wow! That's very useful information. I will check that file and see what's there.

Meanwhile, a miracle has happened! Byzantium now loads normally and Nicaea is not half swallowed by a mountain and a lake!

I have no idea how this happened, but I suspect the Bovine Checker must have fixed something. Does it automatically fix things on its own? I didn't do anything other than move the Byzantine merchant to a resource far from Byzantium because he was standing right behind a Russian princess. I also cleaned up the EDA file according to the Bovine Checker's report. I don't know how that could have fixed anything. I'm really glad it's working now so I can proceed with my modding, but I sure wish I knew what was fixed -- and what went wrong.

The tool does not make any kind of changes. That is, unless you specifically tell it to do something with unused files. That is the only active action it can do, the remainder is only to report on issues.

because he was standing right behind a Russian princess
    I think this was your problem. Two factions cannot occupy the same tile.

EDA problems would manifest as a crash on the campaign map during turnover or possibly pre-battle / post-battle, rather than on campaign start, I think. Still, fixing those can only be a good thing.

Do take some time investigating some kind of version control. I firmly believe you will benefit from it.

================
    ================

If you post your checker log files here, perhaps others can see what may be the critical fault in your mod files. No guarantees.

Hopefully the new (yet unreleased) version will make it easier to find out what is the problem. It will output things like this, bold marked text is new from the released version.

To follow up on one of your previous questions, here is what the Bovine checker will say after you hit the return button to continue:

Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Starting up the checker.
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Creating output files.
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Initializing components.
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Constructor finished. Starting reading process.
    Reading configuration files...
    config/acceptedMissingFiles.txt
    config/vanillaFiles.txt
    config/acceptedNonReferencedFiles.txt
    config/acceptedMissingMounts.txt
    config/acceptedUnusedMounts.txt
    config/acceptedUnusedEngines.txt
    config/acceptedMissingSkeletons.txt
    config/acceptedUnusedSkeletons.txt
    config/acceptedUnusedBattleModels.txt
    config/acceptedUnusedStratModels.txt
    config/genericSounds.txt
    config/unquotedDiplomacySounds.txt
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Configuration files reading complete. Starting reading game files.
    export_descr_buildings.txt
    Cannot find export_descr_buildings.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    descr_missions.txt
    Unable to find culture definition file (descr_missions.txt). This will be a problem.
    descr_names.txt
    Cannot find the definition file for faction names (descr_names.txt). You may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    text/names.txt
    Cannot find the faction character names file (text/names.txt) nor its strings.bin equivalent. Cannot ensure this content matches descr_names.
    descr_sm_factions.txt
    Unable to find list of factions (descr_sm_factions.txt). This will be a problem.
    descr_cultures.txt
    Unable to find culture definition file (descr_cultures.txt). This will be a problem.
    descr_strat.txt
    Cannot find descr_strat.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the strat folder?
    descr_religions.txt
    Unable to find list of religions (descr_religions.txt). This may cause false reports.
    descr_model_strat.txt
    Unable to find list of strat models (descr_model_strat.txt). This may cause false reports.
    descr_sm_resources.txt
    Unable to find list of campaign map resources (descr_sm_resources.txt). This may cause false reports.
    descr_sounds_events.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (descr_sounds_events.txt)
    No checks have been performed on this part of sounds integrity.
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla factions and sounds. You may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    descr_sounds_units_anims.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (descr_sounds_units_anims.txt)
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla factions and sounds. You may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    descr_event_effects.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (descr_event_effects.txt)
    descr_structure_effects.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (descr_structure_effects.txt)
    descr_sounds_generic.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (descr_sounds_generic.txt)
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt)
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt)
    export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt)
    export_descr_sounds_narration.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (export_descr_sounds_narration.txt)
    export_descr_sounds_advice.txt
    Cannot find the sound linking file (export_descr_sounds_advice.txt)
    descr_sounds_accents.txt
    Cannot find descr_sounds_accents.txt. Checking for valid accent assignment by faction is impossible.
    text/diplomacy_speech.txt
    Cannot find text/diplomacy_speech.txt. Cannot check diplomacy sound integrity.
    world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    Cannot find the music types definition file (world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt)
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla factions and music. You may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    descr_sounds_music.txt
    Cannot find the music definition file (descr_sounds_music.txt)
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla factions and music. You may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    text/export_ancillaries.txt
    Cannot find text file text/export_ancillaries.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    text/export_vnvs.txt
    Cannot find text file text/export_vnvs.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    text/historic_events.txt (suffix filter _title)
    Cannot find text file text/historic_events.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    text/historic_events.txt (suffix filter _body)
    Cannot find text file text/historic_events.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    text/expanded.txt
    Cannot find text file text/expanded.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    text/export_units.txt
    Unable to find unit description file (text/export_units.txt), this may result in a lot of false errors.
    export_descr_character_traits.txt
    Cannot find the EDCT file (export_descr_character_traits.txt)
    No checks have been performed on the traits.
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla traits, if not you may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    descr_events.txt
    Cannot find descr_events.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data folder?
    Loading script campaign_script.txt
    Cannot find script campaign_script.txt. Are you sure you provided the correct location for the data/strat folders?
    export_descr_advice.txt
    Cannot find export_descr_advice.txt. Will not be loading any scripts other than campaign_script.txt.
    descr_engines.txt
    Unable to find list of engine models (descr_engines.txt). This may cause false reports.
    unit_models/battle_models.modeldb (syntax check)
    Cannot find the model DB file (battle_models.modeldb).
    No checks have been performed on the model DB.
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla models, if not you may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    descr_mount.txt
    Unable to find mounts (descr_mount.txt), this may cause a lot of false errors detected.
    descr_skeleton.txt
    Unable to find list of skeletons/animations (descr_skeleton.txt). This is okay only if you are using only vanilla models, else you may have given a wrong path to your mod's datafolder. Will use the vanilla list for references.
    vanillaSkeletons.txt
    descr_engine_skeleton.txt
    Unable to find list of skeletons/animations (descr_engine_skeleton.txt). This is okay only if you are using only vanilla models, else you may have given a wrong path to your mod's datafolder. Will use the vanilla list for references.
    vanillaSkeletons.txt
    descr_character.txt
    Unable to find file listing characters (descr_character.txt). You may have given a wrong path to your mod's datafolder.
    export_descr_unit.txt
    Cannot find export_descr_unit.txt. This will probably produce additional false errors in output.
    export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    Cannot find the EDA file (export_descr_ancillaries.txt)
    No checks have been performed on the ancillaries.
    This is okay if you are ONLY using vanilla ancillaries, if not you may have entered your mod's data folder wrong.
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Reading finished. Starting checking process.
    Sound related
    Code related
    Stratmap related
    File references
    Unit related
    campaign_script.txt (for battle model usage)
    Unable to find campaign_script.txt for reading custom battle models. You may have given a wrong path to your mod's strat folder.
    As the vanilla skeletons are in use absent descr_skeleton.txt, whether animation files are actually in use is impossible to check. Skipping these reports.
    Listing unused elements
    Sun Jul 18 17:33:35 EDT 2021: Finished checking process without any crash. Yay!
    There are 1 issues reported.

That is what happens if you don't put the Bovine Checker in a documents folder and then in a Tools folder. It does not matter what path you give it, it cannot follow it. Even one as simple as this: C:/users/"me"/desktop/MyMod/data

Yeah, I even tried putting it on the desktop in a folder called MyMod and it still could not find the right path. That's why I was really surprised when it suddenly worked after I created those extra folders. I have no idea why it cannot follow a simple path, but maybe it has to do with where the Bovine folder is. That was my only conclusion.

Thanks for helping me so much. I plan to give you more rep after I give someone else some. I'm locked out of yours right now.

Sorry, I was unclear. I was thinking about the log files containing reports of issues in your mod, not the checker output. That is, eda.error.log, edc.error.log etc. It's a bit moot now though, as you have got your mod up and running again.

About it not finding the mod folder correctly, I may be able to see what is wrong if you tell me:

* The value of DATAFOLDER in your configuration file
    * The value of STRAT in your configuration file
    * The location of the checker on disk (unless the path you set for DATAFOLDER is an absolute path - if so, this does not matter)
    * The location of your mod on disk

Don't worry about the reputation thing. It buys me nothing .

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlaender View Post
    Thanks very much for that information on Git and Subversion. Boy, do I definitely need those. The system.log will only tell me that an unspecified error caused the crash, so I know it is a misspelled word or something like that somewhere. Now, its too late to go back. I hope the bovine checker will find it. I just cleaned up all the errors in the EDA file that Bovine found. I will move to the next easiest one and so forth.

I will go look for an example of how using the correct path in the config file just never worked for me. I even put my mod on the desktop and ran the checker with only C:/users/dldad/desktop/MyMod/data as the path and it still said the path was incorrect. I'm not a computer expert, but I can read a path in the toolbar.

Just my two cents here (and sorry to go for digging an old post but I'm just coming back to twcenter after a few month break): I got started on tortoiseSVN (a subversion user interface) following Bovi's advices, and it's been a blast!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

The thread is not obsolete at all, and you respond to what is only about a week old post, so it's nothing like a necromancy. Great to hear that you're successful with SVN!

================
    ================

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Been awhile

campaign load crashes: one of the popular reasons is having invalid entries in the win_condition file, either non existing factions or regions. Factions will need to be checked against 'in game' factions in descr_strat (not descr_sm_factions which may have unused factions) and regions against descr_regions.
    The 'back to menu' crash is always a descr_strat issue but usually has a descriptive game log entry.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Have been using the tool as well recently, to hopefully find sources of random crashes in my mod, the tools work pretty well

I noticed that the tool falsely flags lot of mission parameters as wrong ones in the sundry.txt. My mod is probably the most mission mechanics based mod, so I can confirm that all the ones below works correctly, i.e., they shouldnt be flagged as unrecognized mission parameter (and tbh, if you use a wrong parameter for a mission, the game will crash upon starting anyway or gets reported in the error log)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

export_descr_buildings.txt 647: Parsing error - Event counter check requires "1" after the event counter name, here it is missing.
    descr_missions.txt 1363: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 1519: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 1545: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 2136: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2138: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2159: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2161: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2182: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2184: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2205: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2207: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2228: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2230: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2253: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2254: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2256: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2278: Unrecognized mission parameter difficulty_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2281: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2282: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2284: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2306: Unrecognized mission parameter difficulty_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2309: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2310: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2312: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2352: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2354: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2371: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2373: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2391: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2393: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2411: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2413: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2431: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2433: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2454: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2455: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2457: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2475: Unrecognized mission parameter difficulty_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2478: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2479: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2481: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2499: Unrecognized mission parameter difficulty_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2502: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2503: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2505: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2537: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2557: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2568: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2569: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2570: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2571: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2572: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2574: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2575: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2587: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2598: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2599: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2600: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2602: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2603: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2614: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2623: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2624: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2625: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2626: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2627: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2628: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2629: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2630: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2631: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2633: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2644: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2651: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2652: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2655: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2656: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2657: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2658: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2659: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2660: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2661: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2663: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2674: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2681: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2682: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2685: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2686: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2687: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2688: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2689: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2691: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2698: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 2703: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2704: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2708: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2743: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2763: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2770: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2771: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2774: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2775: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2776: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2777: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2778: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2779: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2780: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2782: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2794: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2801: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2802: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2805: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2806: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2807: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2808: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2809: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2810: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2811: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2813: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2824: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2831: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2832: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2835: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2836: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2837: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2838: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2839: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2841: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2848: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 2853: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2854: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2857: Unrecognized mission parameter guild_score_modifier
    descr_missions.txt 2870: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2881: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 2882: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 2883: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2884: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2885: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2887: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2888: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2921: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2926: Unrecognized mission parameter initial_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2927: Unrecognized mission parameter win_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2928: Unrecognized mission parameter win_siege_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2929: Unrecognized mission parameter win_withdraw_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2930: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2931: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_siege_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2932: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_withdraw_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2933: Unrecognized mission parameter exterminate_cash
    descr_missions.txt 2934: Unrecognized mission parameter success_cash_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 2935: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 2936: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 2944: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 2949: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 2950: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 2960: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2976: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 2994: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3005: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3006: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3007: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3008: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3010: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3011: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3026: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3043: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3061: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3067: Unrecognized mission parameter initial_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3068: Unrecognized mission parameter win_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3069: Unrecognized mission parameter win_siege_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3070: Unrecognized mission parameter win_withdraw_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3071: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3072: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_siege_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3073: Unrecognized mission parameter loss_withdraw_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3074: Unrecognized mission parameter exterminate_cash
    descr_missions.txt 3075: Unrecognized mission parameter success_cash_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3076: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3077: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 3085: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3090: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3091: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3102: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3113: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3114: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3115: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3116: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3118: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3127: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3139: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3150: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3163: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3172: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3185: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3194: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3207: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3216: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3228: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3237: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3250: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3259: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3272: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3282: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3293: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3294: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 3306: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3317: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3318: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 3330: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3347: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3366: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3376: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3377: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3378: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3379: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3381: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3382: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3392: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3402: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3403: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3404: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3405: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3407: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3408: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3420: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3431: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3432: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3433: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3434: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3436: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3447: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3458: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3459: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3460: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3461: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3463: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3475: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3486: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3487: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 3489: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3500: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3511: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3512: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 3514: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3523: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3533: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3547: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3564: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3584: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3595: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3596: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3597: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3598: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3600: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3601: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3613: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3624: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3625: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3626: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3627: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3629: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3641: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3652: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3653: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 3655: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3663: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3673: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3685: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3701: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3720: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3733: Unrecognized mission parameter resource_type
    descr_missions.txt 3745: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3756: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3757: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 3759: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3768: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3778: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3788: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3799: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3800: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3801: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3802: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3804: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3849: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3860: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3861: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3862: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3863: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3865: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 3866: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3876: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3887: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3888: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3889: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3890: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3892: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 3903: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3914: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 3915: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 3917: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 3926: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3936: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 3949: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3965: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3985: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 3996: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 3997: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 3998: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 3999: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 4001: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 4002: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 4015: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 4026: Unrecognized mission parameter character_type
    descr_missions.txt 4027: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_type
    descr_missions.txt 4028: Unrecognized mission parameter attribute_min_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4029: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 4031: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    descr_missions.txt 4040: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 4051: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4052: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4054: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 4061: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 4071: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 4083: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 4099: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 4119: Unrecognized mission parameter factions
    descr_missions.txt 4130: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4131: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4133: Unrecognized mission parameter target_religion
    descr_missions.txt 4142: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 4152: Unrecognized mission parameter non_pope_mission
    descr_missions.txt 4179: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4180: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4181: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4182: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4184: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4185: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4200: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4218: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4219: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4220: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4221: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4223: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4224: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4239: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4257: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4258: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4259: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4260: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4262: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4263: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4278: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4296: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4297: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4298: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4299: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4301: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4302: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4317: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4335: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4336: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4337: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4338: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4340: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4341: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4356: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4373: Unrecognized mission parameter min_settlement_level
    descr_missions.txt 4374: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4375: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction
    descr_missions.txt 4376: Unrecognized mission parameter source_faction_standing
    descr_missions.txt 4378: Unrecognized mission parameter link_mission_id
    descr_missions.txt 4379: Unrecognized mission parameter min_stance_threshold
    descr_missions.txt 4394: Unrecognized mission parameter target_faction

...to be precise specific parameters work only with specific mission types (if you use wrong one for a mission, it crashes again).

In case you want to take the mission check to another step, you could check whether the mission has correct parameters. I listed the working parameters for the main mission types in this post

Also, to the tool reports lots of things obviously, lot of them are not that harmful... Is there a list of the ones, that could cause a crash? Like for example im not sure if a missing epithet txt entry could cause a crash?
    Last edited by Jadli; August 09, 2021 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    My mod is probably the most mission mechanics based mod, so I can confirm that all the ones below works correctly
    Which one is that? I'd like to have your mod files to test against when modifying the parser to recognize those, if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Also, to the tool reports lots of things obviously, lot of them are not that harmful... Is there a list of the ones, that could cause a crash?
    You are right, there are many reports for stuff that does not break the game (EB2 still has thousands of reports on it, and it's not depleting at a rapid pace ). But no, there is no severity associated with the reports, so you get all kinds mixed together. To be honest, in many cases I don't know which are gamebreaking, which cause undesirable behaviour and which are merely cosmetic faults. I just try to check that everything pointing from one place to another finds its target.

================
    ================

It's been a while, due to work assignments and summer it's been less activity on this. I've made some changes which I intend to release soonish, despite not having got through all the items you guys have reported yet.

================
    ================

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Which one is that? I'd like to have your mod files to test against when modifying the parser to recognize those, if I can.
    sure, here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0th-April-2021 Also lot of guild mechanics I use....

You are right, there are many reports for stuff that does not break the game (EB2 still has thousands of reports on it, and it's not depleting at a rapid pace ). But no, there is no severity associated with the reports, so you get all kinds mixed together. To be honest, in many cases I don't know which are gamebreaking, which cause undesirable behaviour and which are merely cosmetic faults. I just try to check that everything pointing from one place to another finds its target.
    Yea, I will properly read through it and see whats what, once I have some time

Afraid I don't have enough space left on my laptop to download and unpack 8GB worth of files. I have a new one ordered though.

================
    ================

Uploaded a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by change log
    New features:
    EDB building capability weapon_projectile is now recognized.
    IsGeneral conditions applied to trait triggers firing on adoption or marriage proposal are now reported, as these characters are not yet alive when the test is done.
    More engine classes are now recognized: rocket_launcher, culverin, serpentine, bombard, huge_bombard, grand_bombard, mortar, basilisk, ballista, trebuchet, cannon, ribault, holy_cart.
    The trait effect GunpowderCommand is now recognized.
    The trait triggering events GeneralAssaultsGeneral and GovernorBuildingDestroyed are now recognized.
    New check for valid mission references to resources for selecting a target settlement.
    New check for valid mission references to buildings for selecting a target building to construct.
    When descr_mount.txt does not exist, vanilla mounts are now assumed to be present.
    Factions marked "undiscovered" in descr_strat are now recognized.
    Custom portraits set on characters in descr_strat and scripts are now checked for existing files under ui/custom_portraits, and unused portrait files are reported.
    Now parsing additional character attributes in scripts: family, age, x, y, portrait, label, direction, battle_model, male,female. Unrecognized attribute names will be reported (let me know when you have valid attributes it does not recognize!).
    Now reading armour_ug_levels in EDU and matching its number of entries with the number of armour_ug_models entries.
    Now recognizing (but ignoring) disband_to_pools faction detail in descr_sm_factions.
    Now recognizing watchtower locations set in descr_strat. Coordinates should be checked for valid location, but is not yet.
    Now recognizing name_faction faction detail in descr_strat. The character type is not yet checked to be a valid one, but the faction reference is.
    Now recognizing log_counter command as a checked location for its declared counter.

Fixes/modifications:
    Failing mission references to religions are now reported on the mission, rather than the religion.
    Reports for more than one character being a faction's leader or heir in descr_strat now include the names of the characters.

Technical changes:
    If the DATAFOLDER and STRAT environment variables are set, the tool will now warn that this is an ancient and long abandoned way to use the tool.
    If configuration file is not found or it points to a mod folder that does not exist, the tool now bails instead of trying to read all the non-existent files.
    If the configuration file is not present in the root folder, the tool will now say it looks for it in the config folder instead.
    If the configured mod folder is not found, the tool will now be fairly verbose about how it tried to find it.
    Last edited by bovi; August 10, 2021 at 03:55 PM.

================
    ================

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This might be of interest, I thought your checker did a 'character name exists' check?

Replied to that post, but also here: The checker does an internal check between the files defining names, but does not yet check the validity of names chosen in descr_strat or script.

The most recent version expanded the parsing of characters (Now parsing additional character attributes in scripts: family, age, x, y, portrait, label, direction, battle_model, male,female. Unrecognized attribute names will be reported (let me know when you have valid attributes it does not recognize!).), so I now have a record of the names used in both places, so it should be possible to make that test now. Apparently this kind of thing causes crashes and I should get around to making that test sooner rather than later.

================
    ================

I've made a check now. It does not find any missing names in EB2 apart from in custom battles, where it apparently is not very important? To test it, I deliberately made a wrong name on a character:
    character KleomenesXxxx, named character, age 35, x 236, y 96, portrait wgreek6, direction W

A later line in the script refers to the character:
    console_command give_ancillary "KleomenesX" mercenary_captain

Then the checker outputs this:

CS 60803: First name kleomenesxxxx is not defined in male names for its faction slave.
    CS 60814: Character name reference to "kleomenesx", which is not a starting character or scripted character.

Will upload shortly.

================
    ================