Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Bovine M2TW Checker

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

Tartaros' file is made with Gracul's unit editor I think.

Thanks for releasing the checker to the general public, I had problem adjusting the EB checker for my use
    I am gonna try it right away.

Works like a charm, will have to go through the results to see if there is something noteworthy

Edit: I have the vanilla animations unpacked in the default folder, do I need to set the flag to 'yes'?

It will be difficult to incorporate show_me scripts, I guess?:
    Code:
    Historic event "sunmission01" is never triggered in the script.
    show_me script:
    Code:
        if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
            and I_EventCounter conquest_wu > 0
            and I_EventCounter little_conqueror < 1
            historic_event SunMission01 true
        end_if
    Unless it's an issue of identical caps use? Which shouldn't matter but is nice for good housekeeping...
    The entry in text\historic_events within the curly brackets is all caps (non-optional), in the script it really doesn't matter as long as the spelling is right

Edit2: I think you need to extend the battle_models check. This error references a battle model that is given to a strat map character (blue - see further down):
    Code:
    Model "liubei_general" is never used by EDU entries, descr_strat or script.
    from descr_strat
    Code:
    character    J-0201-LiuBei, named character, male, leader, age 33, x 143, y 114, portrait A132, label LiuBei1, battle_model liubei_general
    It can also be given via script, a simple search for the 'battle_model' prefix in scripts (including show_me) and descr_strat should do the trick.

Picked this up in battle_models log

-- from default descr_engine_skeleton, updated kingdoms files --
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruction.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruct_def.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_idle.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_ram.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_recover.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.

-- default dat\idx files --
    Animation file "animations/pack.dat" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/pack.idx" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/skeletons.dat" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/skeletons.idx" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.

-- Silver surfer --
    The check does not seem to cross check with EDU's 'mercenary_unit' attribute which overrides faction textures use, only 'merc' faction entry in modelDB is required\will be used.
    It also doesn't seem to check against ownership entry in EDU.
    Example for one faction:
    Code:
    (Entry cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0) Silver surfer: EDU entry "cum_militia_cav_a_sw" requires soldier texture assignments for faction england
    (Entry cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0) Silver surfer: EDU entry "cum_militia_cav_a_sw" requires armour texture assignments for faction england
    EDU has merc attribute, only slave as ownership entry, yet every faction from descr_sm_faction is listed in the log:
    Code:
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, cantabrian_circle, mercenary_unit
    ownership        slave
    modelDB has merc faction entry
    Code:
    24 cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0 
    1 1 
    47 unit_models/cumans/models/cum_militia_lod0.mesh 6400 
    7 mongols 
    47 unit_models/cumans/textures/cum_militia.texture 
    49 unit_models/cumans/textures/cum_militia_n.texture 
    53 unit_sprites/merc_cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0_sprite.spr 
    4 merc 
    7 mongols 
    57 unit_models/cumans/attachments/cum_equipment_base.texture 
    59 unit_models/cumans/attachments/cum_equipment_base_n.texture 0 
    4 merc 
    5 Horse 
    11 MTW2_HR_Bow 13 MTW2_HR_Sword 
    19 MTW2_HR_Bow_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 14 fs_test_shield

What is armor texture, is that the second section? Because that is the attachment texture (shield, weapon). The first one is the main\body texture which you have named soldier texture.

The officer (EDU entry) check is a great feature, btw.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 09, 2018 at 03:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Different post for different mod - Bare Geomod - run once to generate sound IDX\DAT files.

Got his cmd output (running with '@echo off' and 'pause'):

Added the vanilla descr_mounts file but exception message stayed same. Logs not generated: eda, script, battle_models and buildings

Blog Entries

Next mod: 1648

'1.12' must be this line in the modelDB, it's a vanilla entry that pops up 7 times (first mount entries):
    Code:
    22 serialization::archive 3 0 0 0 0 884 0 0 
    10 mount_pony 
    1.12 0 0 3 0 0 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 121 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 1225 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 10000 
    0 0 31 0 0 
    7 england
    Logs not generated: script, building, edct, sounds and eda
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 09, 2018 at 03:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Running into a weird issue with a large number of error lines, example:

Code:
    ---Log ---
    1694: (Entry mtw2_2hswordsman's animation eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality) Reference "animations/mtw2_2hswordsman/mtw2_2hswordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.evt" does not exist.

-- descr_skeleton ---
    anim        eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality            data/animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.cas            -fr                                    -evt:data/animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.evt
    A search shows that the EVT file is present in the unpacked vanilla files, the (modified) CAS file however is also present in the mod's correct animation folder

Removing the CAS file from the mod adds it to the error list, the EVT file error remains.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 09, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Great work!
    your tool now runs through most parts and found alot of stuff - other tool didn´t

only eda.log and edb.log seems to be blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Tartaros' file is made with Gracul's unit editor I think.
    yes, for the most parts. but i altered by hand because of the officer-torch-bug after AnthoniusII remembered me, that graculs can´t handle it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; September 10, 2018 at 05:23 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

update 2
    somehow the modfolder in "eigene Dateien" runs smooth with every errorlog in correct order.

btw, the tool spotted a duplicated named trigger in eda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    but i altered by hand because of the officer-torch-bug after AnthoniusII remembered me, that graculs can´t handle it
    My bet: the torch lines (regular and officers) are fixed entries and I am guessing it's vanilla series is fixed as a cross check in the tool - meaning the tool will run into a possible fail situation if you have edited that line.
    Please link to the torch issue - haven't heard about it before.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My bet: the torch lines (regular and officers) are fixed entries and I am guessing it's vanilla series is fixed as a cross check in the tool - meaning the tool will run into a possible fail situation if you have edited that line.
    Please link to the torch issue - haven't heard about it before.
    The torch bug refers to the bannermen, officers ,captains and generals. Those "characters" in night battles have torches NOT on their hands but spinning arround their bodies.
    In order to fix that issue, torches are NOT incuded to those "characters" but still continue in the rest of their units because they have different bmdb entries.
    Example1:
    Code:
    8 Scutatoi 
    1 1 
    56 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/scutatoi_lod0.mesh 6400 
    9 byzantium 
    63 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi.texture 
    68 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_norm.texture 
    49 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 
    7 byz_reb 
    65 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_r.texture 
    49 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 
    5 slave 
    65 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_r.texture 
    47 unit_sprites/slave_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 
    9 byzantium 
    67 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_att.texture 
    72 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_att_norm.texture 0 
    7 byz_reb 
    69 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_att_r.texture 
    5 slave 
    69 unit_models/_Units/byzantine/scutatoi/textures/scutatoi_att_r.texture 
    4 None 
    10 MTW2_Spear 0 
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002     
    Code:
    13 roman_captain 
    1 1 
    61 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/captain_lod0.mesh 6400 
    9 byzantium 
    68 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/textures/captain.texture 
    73 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/textures/captain_norm.texture 0 
    7 byz_reb 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    9 byzantium 
    71 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/textures/RCH_attach.texture 
    76 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/textures/RCH_attach_norm.texture 0 
    7 byz_reb 
    76 unit_models/Generals_and_Captains/byzantine/textures/RCH_attach_norm.texture 0 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Fast_Mace 0 
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 
    5 horse 
    12 MTW2_HR_Mace 0 
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 
    8 elephant 
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 
    5 camel 
    12 MTW2_HR_Mace 0 
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 
    0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    Nottice the last line entries. Actually characters get mounts enty values. In battle they carry no torches in night battles.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Blog Entries

I see, basically the officers have the default torch entry used for mounts. I always took that for granted (only used dedicated entries in modeldb for officers and captains, not regular units) but wasn't sure why it was done, thanks for clearing that up.

It also means that there isn't a third entry for the torch line, which would rule that out as crash\error cause for the tool.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I see, basically the officers have the default torch entry used for mounts. I always took that for granted (only used dedicated entries in modeldb for officers and captains, not regular units) but wasn't sure why it was done, thanks for clearing that up.

It also means that there isn't a third entry for the torch line, which would rule that out as crash\error cause for the tool.
    So far I haven't see a tutorial or something that would spesificaly indicate the torch use in night battles.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Crap, I have been looking at the thread's first page and thought people hadn't been posting anything for a long time. I'll try to answer all of this soon. I expect I'll need to request some of your mod files to amend the checker, by the looks of things.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Edit: I have the vanilla animations unpacked in the default folder, do I need to set the flag to 'yes'?
    When you have them unpacked in the vanilla data folder, the pack is still there, right? In EB's case, we do not make use of the vanilla animation pack - instead we have extracted the vanilla animations and pack them into our own animation pack along with our own. I believe the game does not read the vanilla animation pack when there is one in the mod folder? This means the checker needs to verify the existence of all referenced vanilla files as if they were mod files.

But I saw in Tartaros' log file that there were a ton of reports about vanilla animation files not being present - even though those animation files are available to the mod as the game reads the vanilla pack when there is no mod animation pack.

This is to say, the flag determines whether files in the vanilla animation pack should be considered available despite not being found in the mod's animations folder. A value YES for whether they are unpacked tells the checker to require all files, while a value NO tells it to assume all vanilla animation files are fine without being present, so it won't report any of them being missing.

It will be difficult to incorporate show_me scripts, I guess?:
    Code:
    Historic event "sunmission01" is never triggered in the script.
    show_me script:
    Code:
        if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
            and I_EventCounter conquest_wu > 0
            and I_EventCounter little_conqueror < 1
            historic_event SunMission01 true
        end_if
    Unless it's an issue of identical caps use? Which shouldn't matter but is nice for good housekeeping...
    The entry in text\historic_events within the curly brackets is all caps (non-optional), in the script it really doesn't matter as long as the spelling is right
    The checker turns everything to lower case before crossreferencing, so yeah not that. Yes, the problem is that the show_me scripts are not considered - EB doesn't make use of any, so I have not yet found a need to read them. It should not be particularly difficult, just take a bit of time. I assume they would follow the campaign script format for the most part.

Could you please upload to me these files from the mod in question? I think that would be enough to test an extension that reads show_me scripts as well.

background_script.txt
    historic_events.txt

Edit2: I think you need to extend the battle_models check. This error references a battle model that is given to a strat map character (blue - see further down):
    Code:
    Model "liubei_general" is never used by EDU entries, descr_strat or script.
    from descr_strat
    Code:
    character    J-0201-LiuBei, named character, male, leader, age 33, x 143, y 114, portrait A132, label LiuBei1, battle_model liubei_general
    It can also be given via script, a simple search for the 'battle_model' prefix in scripts (including show_me) and descr_strat should do the trick.
    Right you are again. EB does not use special models for any particular characters, so I didn't know this was even a thing. I'll add it in.

Could you please upload to me these files from the mod in question? You can bundle with the ones I ask for in the previous section.

all current script files
    descr_strat.txt
    battle_models.modeldb

Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruction.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_destruct_def.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_idle.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_ram.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.
    Animation file "animations/engine/ram_v2_recover.cas" is not referenced in descr_skeleton.

-- Silver surfer --
    The check does not seem to cross check with EDU's 'mercenary_unit' attribute which overrides faction textures use, only 'merc' faction entry in modelDB is required\will be used.
    Example for one faction:
    Code:
    (Entry cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0) Silver surfer: EDU entry "cum_militia_cav_a_sw" requires soldier texture assignments for faction england
    (Entry cum_militia_cav_a_sw_ug0) Silver surfer: EDU entry "cum_militia_cav_a_sw" requires armour texture assignments for faction england
    EDU has merc attribute, only slave as ownership entry, yet every faction from descr_sm_faction is listed in the log:
    Code:
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, cantabrian_circle, mercenary_unit
    ownership        slave
    Code:
    1 1 
    7 mongols 
    4 merc 
    7 mongols 
    4 merc 
    5 Horse 

What is armor texture, is that the second section? Because that is the attachment texture (shield, weapon). The first one is the main\body texture which you have named soldier texture.

Still need to go through the rest of this and the later replies.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Got his cmd output (running with '@echo off' and 'pause'):

This is the tool trying to search through the mod's sound files structure for any unused files. It crashes because there is no such structure to search in this particular mod.

Code:
    File campMapFolder = new File(dataFolder + "sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Camp_Map");
    for(File campMapSoundFile : campMapFolder.listFiles())
    {
      if(campMapSoundFile.isDirectory())
        continue;
      String soundFilename = campMapSoundFile.getName().toLowerCase();
      if(!usedCampMapSounds.contains(soundFilename))
      {
        BovineM2twCheck.writeSoundLog("Warning - strat map sound file \"" + soundFilename + "\" is not used in export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt");
      }
    }
    I'll have to make sure the checker can survive this, as well as any other missing input files I guess - not all mods change all aspects of the game.

You won't need to upload anything in particular for this one. I'll just download the bare geomod and install it, then start knocking aside obstacles as I encounter them.

================
    ================

I have created and uploaded a new version which successfully runs on the bare geomod.

Changes made to the checker:

The checker no longer crashes if it cannot find any strat map voices or battle map voices.
    Unit dictionary references can now have trailing spaces without generating false reports.
    Last edited by bovi; September 14, 2018 at 12:40 AM.

================
    ================

Heh, a bit amusing. Still, having some dead files lying about isn't a big surprise, it's quite understandable to leave some loose ends when they don't screw up anything.

Right. I have added these files to the list of accepted non-referenced files. Until I make another version, you can add this to the bottom of the acceptedNonReferencedFiles.txt configuration file, to suppress the reports:

animations/pack.dat
    animations/pack.idx
    animations/skeletons.dat
    animations/skeletons.idx
    -- Silver surfer --
    Example for one faction:
    Code:
    Code:
    ownership        slave
    Code:
    1 1 
    7 mongols 
    4 merc 
    7 mongols 
    4 merc 
    5 Horse 

The silver surfer check should properly take mercenary assignment and ownership into account. I'll need your EDU and model DB to figure out why it's not doing it right with yours.

About the armour texture, this refers to the EDU unit's armour upgrades (armour_ug_models) making the unit's model different (across eras in EB). While writing the checker, I didn't really understand this, and presumed it was armour pieces. I'll amend the report text I think.

In general, I record this for each EDU entry:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

public String name;
    public String dictionaryName;
    public String category;
    public String voice;
    public String accent;
    public String soldier;
    public ArrayList<String> officers;
    public String engine;
    public String mount;
    public ArrayList<String> armourModels;
    public ArrayList<String> ownership;
    public boolean isMercenary;

As an example, I have noted which bits of this EDU entry goes into where.
    Code:
    ; COMMENTS              Gallic General Bodyguard / Unit ID 1 / Start exp: 0 / Refr rate: 0,01728 / Pool cap: 2
    type                    celtic cavalry general bodyguard             ;name - this unit ID is included in many reports
    dictionary              celtic_cavalry_general_bodyguard          ;dictionaryName - crosschecked reference to unit text
    category                cavalry                                             ;category - not used in any checks
    class                   light                                                   ;not stored or used in any checks
    voice_type              General                                            ;voice - not used in any checks
    accent                  Gallic                                                ;accent - not used in any checks
    banner faction          main_cavalry                                    ;not stored or used in any checks
    banner holy             crusade                                            ;not stored or used in any checks
    soldier                 donno_eporedoi_early, 20, 0, 1                ;soldier (main soldier model reference) - checked reference to model db
    mount                   celtic noble horse                                ;mount - crosschecked against defined mount names
    mount_effect            elephant -3                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    attributes              sea_faring, hide_forest, general_unit, command, knight, can_withdraw   ;attributes are not read, except mercenary_unit, which is stored in isMercenary and used to determine which texture assignments are required.
    move_speed_mod          1.127                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    formation               1.8, 3.7, 3.7, 3.7, 4, square                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_health             1, 0                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_pri                6, 15, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, spear, 0, 1                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_pri_attr           no                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_sec                11, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 0, 1                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_sec_attr           no                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_pri_armour         4, 8, 3, metal                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_sec_armour         0, 0, flesh                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_heat               2                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_ground             -1, -3, -3, -2                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_mental             6, disciplined, highly_trained                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_charge_dist        29                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_fire_delay         0                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_food               60, 300                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_cost               1, 1275, 22, 63, 127, 1275, 1, 239                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    stat_stl                1                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    armour_ug_levels        0, 1, 5
    armour_ug_models        donno_eporedoi_early, donno_eporedoi_middle, donno_eporedoi_late   ;armourModels - each reference checked against model db
    ownership               f_aedui, f_arverni, slave     ;ownership - factions owning the unit is used to determine which texture assignments are required
    era 0                   f_aedui, f_arverni                                         ;not stored or used in any checks
    era 1                   f_aedui, f_arverni                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    era 2                   f_aedui, f_arverni                                      ;not stored or used in any checks
    ;info_pic_dir            f_all
    ;card_pic_dir            f_all
    recruit_priority_offset 3                                      ;not stored or used in any checks

================
    ================

Next mod: 1648

'1.12' must be this line in the modelDB, it's a vanilla entry that pops up 7 times (first mount entries):
    Code:
    22 serialization::archive 3 0 0 0 0 884 0 0 
    10 mount_pony 
    1.12 0 0 3 0 0 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 121 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 1225 
    52 unit_models/Mounts/Medium_Horse/mount_pony_lod0.mesh 10000 
    0 0 31 0 0 
    7 england
    Logs not generated: script, building, edct, sounds and eda
    Our own model DB also includes the mount_pony as the first entry, with that unknown 1.12 thing. I don't know why it becomes different when reading yours.

I'll download the mod and check it out, assuming your 2.0 is representative of the current state of the model db.
    Last edited by bovi; September 14, 2018 at 03:20 AM.

================
    ================

Running the tool on your 1648 model DB, I see that you include the "1.12" not only on your first mount entry, but all of your horse mounts. I have special processing for the very first model db entry, but not for the subsequent ones, therefore it crashes on the second entry mount_heavy_horse.

17 mount_heavy_horse
    1.12 3
    58 unit_models/Mounts/Heavy_Horse/mount_heavy_horse_lod0.mesh 121
    58 unit_models/Mounts/Heavy_Horse/mount_heavy_horse_lod0.mesh 1225
    58 unit_models/Mounts/Heavy_Horse/mount_heavy_horse_lod0.mesh 10000
    In this position it expects a marker saying how many mesh files the entry has, rather than 1.12. What does that 1.12 do? I thought it was only some required fluff that you had to add to the first entry unless you had some blank dummy thing as the first entry like Tartaros had in his?

The special processing for the first entry expects three meaningless segments before the mesh count and then another two meaningless segments before those mesh references actually come, discarding those 5 segments around it.

If 1.12 is a meaningful value and you really need to have it there (we don't have it for any other mount entry than the first in EB2!), what other values could there be in its place? Would it be safe to look at the segment, and if it's 1.12 just discard it and look for the mesh count in the next segment instead?
    Last edited by bovi; September 14, 2018 at 03:53 AM.

================
    ================

Running into a weird issue with a large number of error lines, example:

Code:
    ---Log ---
    1694: (Entry mtw2_2hswordsman's animation eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality) Reference "animations/mtw2_2hswordsman/mtw2_2hswordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.evt" does not exist.

-- descr_skeleton ---
    anim        eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality            data/animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.cas            -fr                                    -evt:data/animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality.evt
    A search shows that the EVT file is present in the unpacked vanilla files, the (modified) CAS file however is also present in the mod's correct animation folder

Removing the CAS file from the mod adds it to the error list, the EVT file error remains.
    I'm not sure I am parsing this correctly. Are you saying that you have the vanilla animation files unpacked in the vanilla file structure, and own animations in your mod's file structure? If so, I didn't know that worked. I may have to read the vanilla animations folder structure as well, then.

The way the checker works, is it will read through the mod folder structure and find animations there, not the vanilla structure. It will then crosscheck these files for unused files and references to files which don't exist in the list. The flag to ignore vanilla animations means that any files it cannot find in the mod folder structure will be checked against the list of vanilla animation files (vanillaAnimationFiles.txt). My list has these files with a pattern close to that one:

animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_c_overhead_c_stab_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_lo_c_stab_fail.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_lo_c_stab_success.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_lo_c_stab_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_a_punch_fail.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_a_punch_success.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_a_punch_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_a_push_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_slashlr_v0_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_slashrl_s1_slashlr_fail.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_slashrl_s1_slashlr_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_slashrl_s2_stab_success.evt
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s1_slashrl_fail.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s1_slashrl_success.cas
    animations/MTW2_2HSwordsman/MTW2_2HSwordsman_at_mid_c_stab_v1_s1_slashrl_success.evt
    As you can see, that particular file is not among them. Perhaps I didn't take that file list from the proper source? I can't remember where I found that list, but I think it was from the commit where I put in the vanilla animations into the EB mod structure. That file collection may have had some files removed from it beforehand, I guess.

I'll see if I can find a correct file list.
    Last edited by bovi; September 14, 2018 at 06:21 AM.

================
    ================

Uploaded a new version. Changes:

The actual animation pack files are no longer crossreferenced for usage.
    Fixed the list of vanilla animation files, now taken from CA's uploaded unpacked files.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

Here are (hopefully) all the files you requested, they are all from the same mod (RotK). The scripts\show_me folder also had a Battle AI script from Germanucu5 (g5script2.txt) which I didn't include. Please note that the background script(s) can have any filename as the reference\linkage is via the export_descr_advice file. I reckon a check of present, custom scripts against scripts listed in that file (less vanilla scripts) would be overkill. Here is the corresponding entry for 'my' script:
    Code:
    AdviceThread Custom_Missions_Thread
        GameArea Campaign

Item Custom_Missions_France
            Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0 
            Priority  0 
            Threshold  1 
            MaxRepeats  0 
            RepeatInterval  1 
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            Title Custom_Missions_Title
            Script scripts/show_me/Custom_Missions.txt
            Text Custom_Missions_Text
    Use of default unpacked animations: The original way of use is to place the unpacked animations into the vanilla folder. That way only edited animation files need to be in the mod's folder and will be the only files to be packed. To generate the mod's IDX and DAT files you would then remove the vanilla DAT and IDX files and delete the mod's DAT and IDX files, starting the mod would then generate a new set in the mod's folder (and in the vanilla folder I think, but not sure).
    EBII is unique in that it keeps all animation files in the mod's folder.

Here is the original source for the unpacked animations

Will test your updated version a bit later and give feed back.

Edit: a quick check shows that the 1694 line error for the EVT file is not listed anymore. Which reminds me: you don't happen to be a code wizard that can get the XIDX unpacker to unpack EVT files as well? So far only the CAS files get unpacked.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 14, 2018 at 07:57 AM.