Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Bovine M2TW Checker

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    it´s basicly a factions wide text file and missing entries from new factions could lead into ctd´s

the basic formular goes like this:

culture = CULTURESLOT1 = culturename
    Code:
    {CULTURESLOT1}Southern European
    {EMT_CULTURESLOT1_PRIEST}Priest
    {EMT_CULTURESLOT1_PRIEST_1}Bishop
    {EMT_CULTURESLOT1_PRIEST_2}Cardinal
    Defeat message - every faction must have a line here
    Code:
    {EMT_DEFEATED_BY_SLAVE}<<< PLACEHOLDER TEXT >>>
    The red stuff is actually misleading as it does not have to be culture, it can also be the faction - see step 5 in this guide.

Blue - there is only that one, default, entry in expanded. Haven't seen any faction or culture specific entry ever.

The images referenced in descr_missions generally point to ui/<culture>/event_pics/<image>.tga, as far as I can see. With the code I'm making now, currently it is reporting for instance these on SSHIP:

descr_missions.txt 754 (papal_blockade_port): pope_mission.tga under folder ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/ does not exist.
    descr_missions.txt 754 (papal_blockade_port): pope_disapproval.tga under folder ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/ does not exist.
    descr_missions.txt 754 (papal_blockade_port): pope_approval.tga under folder ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/ does not exist.

I imagine the middle_eastern culture is not meant to get pope missions, like in vanilla. I don't know how to see which cultures the pope stuff applies to? Is it hardwired to a religion called "catholic"?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

yes, to my knowledge only catholic factions are able to receive papal mission. maybe only if the descr_missions.txt is modded. this file lists all papal missions.

papal_states is also unique in descr_sm_factions
    Code:
    special_faction_type				papal_faction
    this religion is the link for the missioned factions.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, its hardwired to a religion that has a papal_states faction type, which can be any religion. Its not hardcoded to the catholics. But of course, in regards to to vanilla/historical mods, its always catholic. Threfore missions can be generally availible to any religion and culture

Considering that in some mods its possible to convert (to catholics for example), maybe its safest to just put these few pics into every culture
    Last edited by Jadli; March 08, 2021 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks! Using that knowledge, this seems to work.

After reading the factions, I look for the papal_faction and note that one's religion. As long as the papacy faction exists, I mark eligible factions for pope missions by having the same religion as that faction.

Then, when checking the missions: First pick the set of cultures that at least one eligible faction belongs to. Then, on each mission, if the client is POPE_MISSION, only check the files of that set of cultures, otherwise check all cultures.

---------

I've made the checks I intend to for now:

Payouts referenced by missions exist.
    Payout conditions are in the recognized set (random, papal_standing, difficulty, cash)-
    Payout condition "cash" has integer value.
    Payout condition "papal_standing" and "difficulty" has float value.
    Payout condition "random" is between 0 and 1.
    Every mission has exactly one default payout.
    Mission references to religion exist.
    Mission images exist for all relevant cultures.
    Mission clients are described in expanded.txt in all five kinds of contexts: source, given, fail, expire and success.
    Null_payback rewards/penalties are present in expanded.txt.

Future checks that could be made regarding missions:
    Expanded.txt does not have superfluous entries (requires a lot of parsing of other files before this no longer gives false results).
    Settlement references exist in list of settlements (where?).
    Building target exists in EDB.
    Ancillary target exists in EDA.
    Guild handles exist (where?)

A bit of cleanup to do before putting out a new version.
    Last edited by bovi; March 08, 2021 at 03:20 PM.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Wow, the new forum style made it really hard to read. If you're struggling to find the setting like I did:

1. Forum Actions => General Settings

2. Search for "Forum Skin", close to the bottom of the page

I tried Blackout, Rome II and Medieval II styles until I finally found the "TWCenter" skin that allows text to be read at all.

================
    ================

Uploaded a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by SVN log
    Major change:
    Now reading descr_missions.txt and checking various attributes in it.

Minor changes:
    Reading descr_sm_factions.txt now picks up more details and reports unrecognized directives.
    Description text files reading and storage consolidated into TextReader and TextData. Expanded.txt is now read.
    Some classes converted to Kotlin.

Bugfixes:
    Sound and music file references are now recognized even if they do not have the extension .wav or .mp3. Missing extension is interpreted as .wav.
    Unused sound and music files are now subjected to removal instructions set in the configuration.

New checks:
    Payouts referenced by missions exist.
    Payout conditions are in the recognized set (random, papal_standing, difficulty, cash)-
    Payout condition "cash" has integer value.
    Payout condition "papal_standing" and "difficulty" has float value.
    Payout condition "random" is between 0 and 1.
    Every mission has exactly one default payout.
    Mission references to religion exist.
    Mission images exist for all relevant cultures.
    Mission clients are described in expanded.txt in all five kinds of contexts: source, given, fail, expire and success.
    Null_payback rewards/penalties are present in expanded.txt.

================
    ================

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice work!

There is no new forum style, I am guessing your skin reset to the default skin because you used your mobile to access the site?

Right, that must be it. Took me entirely by surprise!

================
    ================

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

had this some years go...
    theré an option in the bottom "Full Site"

I tested you last release and I have a bug report, I think this error was cause by a missing backlash in the path:
    Code:
    Encountered error: ..\SSHIP_098\data\sounds\music(Campaign_Map)_Banjooie.mp3
    I checked, the right file exist in the right folder, so I think it is just the missing backlash right before (campaign_map).

I had these options activated in config file:
    Code:
    REMOVE_UNUSED_FILES=COPY_TO unused_backup
    REMOVE_UNUSED_FILES=CONSOLE_COMMAND svn delete %DATAFOLDER%/%FILENAME%
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Thanks. You're right, I forgot the separator when adding removal of sound files. I've fixed it locally now, but will need to finish up another change before putting out a new version.

================
    ================

Uploaded a new version.

Unit checking class converted to Kotlin.
    When crashing on reading the model DB, the line number was already printed. Now also the parts not yet read of that line is printed, possibly making it easier to spot where the problem is.
    Missing folder separator on removal of unused sound files fixed.

New checks:
    Factions with horde attributes have at least one available horde unit
    Horde units are unique
    Horde units are existing units
    Culture references in descr_sm_factions.txt exist
    There is either 0 or 1 "papacy" factions
    There is exactly 1 "slave" faction
    Skeletons have not set both locomotion_table and no_deltas
    Skeletons' locomotion table has recognized value, if present
    Skeletons' "reference points" file exists
    EDU's assigned rider units have no_deltas attribute

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Uploaded a new version.
    Just tested it, it works like a charm! Thanks a lot.

But I have another bug report: it seems like all historic events are falsely reported to have their title (and also description) duplicated, like this:
    Code:
     Historic event "new_mindset_kievan_rus" has its title duplicated (2 times).
    Historic event "pisa_emerged" has its title duplicated (2 times).
    Checked a few of the reported events, all are present a single time. There is 1000-ish reports like this from you tool, and the SSHIP historic_events.txt is also 1000-ish lines long, that's why I think every one of the events are falsely reported.

Maybe something to do with when you fixed the count for duplicated trigger names?

Gaming Emeritus

Does this have all the stuff from kingdoms DLCs, like shadowimg, re emergence, the three or four new descr_sm_factions lines, new missions, all the new lines in descr_campaign_db and so on?

The duplicates report sounds like a bug, yes. I'll look into it.

Does this have all the stuff
    For the things you mentioned, probably not. For "and so on", most definitely not. Regardless, despite being incomplete it is highly likely to report at least something that needs attention in your mod - for those mods I test on, there are thousands of entries.

I am programming the tool piece by piece to read files and check their validity. Focus has been on references pointing to other files on disk or contents of other files as those are harder to spot by eye, but also some other things are reported. It's a community project, even if I'm the only developer - I rely on you other modders to tell me what you need, when something seems wrong, and occasionally help me when I fail to see how something works. Do you have a particular need you would like adressed sooner than others?

This is the list of files currently being read, in alphabetical order:

campaign_script.txt
    descr_character.txt
    descr_cultures.txt
    descr_engine_skeleton.txt
    descr_engines.txt
    descr_events.txt
    descr_missions.txt
    descr_model_strat.txt
    descr_mount.txt
    descr_names.txt
    descr_religions.txt
    descr_skeleton.txt
    descr_sm_factions.txt
    descr_sm_resources.txt
    descr_sounds_accents.txt
    descr_sounds_music.txt
    descr_strat.txt
    export_descr_advice.txt
    export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt
    export_descr_character_traits.txt
    export_descr_sounds_advice.txt
    export_descr_sounds_narration.txt
    export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    export_descr_unit.txt
    text/diplomacy_speech.txt
    text/expanded.txt
    text/export_ancillaries.txt
    text/export_units.txt
    text/export_vnvs.txt
    text/historic_events.txt
    text/names.txt
    unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt

Additionally some other files defined custom for each mod:
    * descr_battle.txt for all custom battles
    * any scripts listed in export_descr_advice
    * any referenced model files, to find which textures they reference in turn

About which lines it recognizes, I typically program reading directives I have seen while testing it on a couple of mods. If something is widely used, it is more likely to be recognized, if it's more obscure and only a few mods touch it, it may report it as unrecognized as I have not seen it.

There is varying thoroughness in how the files are read. Some are parsed piece by piece and all information is stored, while others are only scanned briefly for particular keywords. Only for those where a more thorough parsing happens, can it report potential typos by saying what is unrecognized.

Even where a file is thoroughly parsed, many directives are recognized as valid content but then ignored as there isn't much to check about them. Also, there are bound to be aspects that could be checked but are not yet programmed - or are even unknown to me.
    Last edited by bovi; March 13, 2021 at 04:16 AM.

================
    ================

Found the bug about the historic events text. I consolidated reading those kinds of files into a single place recently, but forgot to remove the old version of reading that particular file. Thus it read it twice and stored its contents in duplicate.

================
    ================

Gaming Emeritus

Well, Ill try the tool on my mod soon and see if the mising stuff is problematic or not

Hey Bovi! I hate to bother you here but when I use your checker im getting "Cannot find's" on all my log files...... i've set my datafolder correctly (or atleast I believe) in both the config.txt and in the .bat

here's the text I extracted from the Config.txt:

set DATAFOLDER=E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\banana\data

set STRAT=world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

in the .bat:

SET EDITOR=notepad
    SET DATAFOLDER=E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\banana\data
    SET STRAT=world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    REM java -jar target\BovineM2twCheck.jar configuration.txt
    java -cp target main.BovineM2twCheck "%DATAFOLDER%" %STRAT%
    start "%EDITOR%" eda.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" edct.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" filereferences.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" graphics_n_units.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" script.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" sounds.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" stratmap.error.log
    start "%EDITOR%" checker.output.log

(Edit: i've tried alot of other ways, adding notepad instead of %editor% and etc)

(if this helps, my E: drive is an external hardrive ((that's probably obvious, lmao)) and the mod im using is Total War bananas 1099). ,I also have to admit i'm terrible at .bat's ((and also have had terrible luck setting up .bats in the past)) been having model.db issues which I just can't seem to see by eye and the built-in error logs aren't picking anything up

Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't the DATAFOLDER path be in quotes because of the spaces in merieval folder name, like this?
    Code:
    set DATAFOLDER="E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\banana\data"
    On another topic, @bovi I have a new check suggestion. Not something urgent or major, but here it is: check for spaces in the engine names, the ones in descr_names and also the ones in "fancy brackets" (can't remeber the name in english for {}!) in text/names.txt.

Like in SSHIP we had this
    Code:
    {do Castelo}do Castelo
    {do Coton}do Coton
    {do Crato}do Crato
    where it should be I believe be underscore instead of space
    Code:
    {do_Castelo}do Castelo
    {do_Coton}do Coton
    {do_Crato}do Crato