Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bovine M2TW Checker

Default Re: Bovine M2TW Checker

Thanks for the explanation!

About descr_sounds_accents, sadly we have that file (here's a link for it) in our mod and it is not empty.

About engines: I'll take the time to make some tests and report the results here. It won't be in the coming days though!

Thanks again for this great tool, and please take care!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

descr_sounds_accents files have commented as well as empty lines before the very first valid line, could that be the reason the checker fails? EBII has the same and the checker returns the same zero entries read message.

The "read 0 entries" thing was a copy pasta. I copied the code for reading diplomacy speech headers and modified it to read the accents, but forgot to update the logging statement, so it reported that it had read 0 diplomacy headers from the file. In the next version it should instead write how many accents and factions it has found:

main.writeOutput("Read ${main.data.sound.accentFactions.size} accents for ${foundAccentFactions} factions.")

To be clear, nothing is wrong with the actual reading of the accents, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by bovi; September 17, 2021 at 03:24 AM.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

The tool reports:
    "export_descr_character_traits.txt 26249: Trigger "vamp10ab" refers to unrecognized attribute nightbattle."

For line
    "and HighestAttAdjacentChar NightBattle named_character > 9"

Is that report correct? Isnt Nightbattle a correct attribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    The tool reports:
    "export_descr_character_traits.txt 26249: Trigger "vamp10ab" refers to unrecognized attribute nightbattle."

For line
    "and HighestAttAdjacentChar NightBattle named_character > 9"

Is that report correct? Isnt Nightbattle a correct attribute?
    I think it should be "NightBattleCapable", but I will check and see for myself. You might want to check the name in the vanila version of that file.

Also, that is not an "attribute", it is a character trait. An attribute would be a character's piety, dread, command, or loyalty level.

Gaming Emeritus

NightBattleCapable is a name of the the trait, but the attribute/effect itself is NightBattle

Afaik, pretty sure that in all these conditions thal deal with character "attributes" (such as HighestAttAdjacentChar) you can use any of the attributes, hence about 50 or so in total

Gaming Emeritus

It seems that the tool doesnt recognize starting alliances?
    descr_strat.txt 12122: Faction relationship "allied_with" is not recognized.

Also, not sure if it recognizes building capabilities, that reduce time to build? Such as
    export_descr_buildings.txt 6791: Parsing failure, encountered unexpected building capability named "construction_time_bonus_wooden": construction_time_bonus_wooden bonus 2

All the capabilities are listed here https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?..._Personalities

And it doesnt seem to recognize GunpowderCommand attribute...
    export_descr_character_traits 11778 (wife_dagi level wife_dagi): Trait effect "gunpowdercommand + "" is not recognized. Typo or fault in the checker?

All attributes should be listed here... https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ary-Attributes
    Last edited by Jadli; October 01, 2021 at 04:29 PM.

NightBattleCapable is a name of the the trait, but the attribute/effect itself is NightBattle

Afaik, pretty sure that in all these conditions thal deal with character "attributes" (such as HighestAttAdjacentChar) you can use any of the attributes, hence about 50 or so in total
    After looking at my own file, it appears that you are right, but maybe if you try using "NightBattleCapable => 1" , you could then see what happens.

Hope you find out what's wrong.

The tool recognizes these as ATTRIBUTES:

command
    piety
    management
    authority
    charm
    fertility
    finance
    chivalry
    loyalty
    magic
    purity
    violence
    electability
    boldness

While these are recognized as EFFECTS:

personalsecurity
    briberesistance
    authority
    loyalty
    movementpoints
    lineofsight
    hitpoints
    chivalry

//Governor
    siegeengineering
    localpopularity
    publicsecurity
    construction
    taxcollection
    trading
    law
    health
    unrest
    squalor
    farming
    mining
    looting
    management
    trainingagents
    trainingunits
    traininganimalunits

//Battle
    battlesurgery
    bodyguardsize
    bodyguardvalour
    command
    artillerycommand
    gunpowdercommand
    infantrycommand
    cavalrycommand
    navalcommand
    troopmorale
    level
    defence
    attack
    siegeattack
    siegedefence
    ambush
    nightbattle

//Diplomatic
    fertility
    charm
    influence
    bribery

//Spy
    subterfuge
    sabotage

//Merchant
    finance

//Religious agents
    piety
    violence
    unorthodoxy
    magic
    heresyimmunity
    eligibility
    purity

I am checking effects on trait levels against this last list, while the first list is used to check when triggers reference attributes in conditions.

Am I mistaken that these are different sets?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

descr_strat.txt 12122: Faction relationship "allied_with" is not recognized.
    The faction relationships recognized are at_war_with and allied_to. Are you sure "allied_with" is correct? See this post.

export_descr_buildings.txt 6791: Parsing failure, encountered unexpected building capability named "construction_time_bonus_wooden": construction_time_bonus_wooden bonus 2
    This is a capability I have not encountered. These are the recognized ones (sorry about code form, takes too long to adjust):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    private fun singleDecimalCapabilities() :ArrayList<String>
    {
    val retur = ArrayList<String>()
    retur.add("religion_level")
    retur.add("amplify_religion_level")
    retur.add("retrain_cost_bonus")
    return retur
    }

private fun singleIntCapabilities() :ArrayList<String>
    {
    retur.add("wall_level")
    retur.add("tower_level")
    retur.add("gate_strength")
    retur.add("recruitment_slots")
    retur.add("farming_level")
    retur.add("taxable_income_bonus")
    retur.add("road_level")
    retur.add("trade_fleet")
    retur.add("mine_resource")
    retur.add("weapon_melee_simple")
    retur.add("weapon_melee_blade")
    retur.add("weapon_projectile")
    retur.add("weapon_artillery_gunpowder")
    retur.add("weapon_artillery_mechanical")
    retur.add("weapon_missile_gunpowder")
    retur.add("weapon_missile_mechanical")
    retur.add("weapon_naval_gunpowder")
    retur.add("armour")
    retur.add("pope_approval")
    retur.add("pope_disapproval")
    retur.add("stage_games")
    retur.add("stage_races")

//Apparently do not need "bonus" even though bonus is in the name
    retur.add("archer_bonus")
    retur.add("gun_bonus")
    retur.add("cavalry_bonus")
    retur.add("heavy_cavalry_bonus")
    retur.add("navy_bonus")
    retur.add("population_growth_bonus")
    retur.add("population_health_bonus")
    retur.add("construction_time_bonus_defensive")
    retur.add("construction_time_bonus_other")
    return retur
    }

private fun singleIntCapabilitiesWithBonus() :ArrayList<String>
    {
    retur.add("free_upkeep")
    retur.add("income_bonus")
    retur.add("trade_base_income_bonus")
    retur.add("trade_level_bonus")
    retur.add("happiness_bonus")
    retur.add("law_bonus")
    retur.add("population_loyalty_bonus")
    retur.add("recruits_exp_bonus")
    retur.add("recruits_morale_bonus")
    retur.add("recruitment_cost_bonus_naval")
    retur.add("construction_cost_bonus_religious")
    retur.add("construction_cost_bonus_stone")
    retur.add("construction_cost_bonus_wooden")
    retur.add("construction_cost_bonus_other")
    return retur
    }

private fun agentRelatedCapabilities() :ArrayList<String>
    {
    retur.add("agent")
    retur.add("agent_limit")
    return retur
    }

I will add that one to the capabilities with a single integer.

export_descr_character_traits 11778 (wife_dagi level wife_dagi): Trait effect "gunpowdercommand + "" is not recognized. Typo or fault in the checker?
    gunpowdercommand IS among recognized trait effects. It looks like it's thinking the trait effect you have set is not "gunpowdercommand" but rather "gunpowdercommand + " - that is, with spaces and a plus at the end. Could you verify that the line follows regular syntax?
    Last edited by bovi; October 05, 2021 at 12:31 PM.

================
    ================

Gaming Emeritus

Hm, interesting about allied_to, looking into it, it seems that both works anyways (and both are used across many mods)... Though I will rather change it all to allied_to in my mod. On what basis did you determine, that allied_to is correct?

Hm, you are probably right about + (I edited the file some time ago, so not sure rn)
    Last edited by Jadli; October 09, 2021 at 06:18 AM.

I determined that allied_to was correct because that was what I saw in the ones I worked with, and knew that worked for those. When a question about allied_with reports were raised, Tartaros concluded that it should be allied_to instead, so I assumed that was it.

I'll add allied_with and protectorate_of to the list of recognized faction relationships though, as those are also confirmed to work (by you and Tartaros, respectively).

================
    ================

Just a couple of tiny changes this time, but as it's been two months I'm putting a new version out there. It should be up in less than 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by change log
    Now recognizes additional faction relationships in descr_strat: "allied_with" and "protectorate_of".
    Now recognizes additional building capabilities in EDB: construction_time_bonus_religious, construction_time_bonus_stone, construction_time_bonus_wooden, construction_cost_bonus_defensive.
    SoundReader no longer prints output about reading diplomacy speech headers from descr_sounds_accents.txt (which it doesn't), but rather which accents it has read.
    Reports about unused files under sounds/music now says the correct file "descr_sounds_music.txt" for where it expects them to be used.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I am checking effects on trait levels against this last list, while the first list is used to check when triggers reference attributes in conditions.

Am I mistaken that these are different sets?
    @Jadli, did you see this question? I would like you (and others, for that matter) to chime in.

================
    ================

They are one and the same, "Effect" is just the syntax used in traits & ancillaries to give Attributes. The game saves a long list of these Attributes for each character and it does not matter whether they are displayed on the character info panel or not. If you really need it, I can prove it to you but this vanilla trait should probably be enough:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Trigger inquisitorinit4
    WhenToTest AgentCreated

Condition AgentType = inquisitor
    and FactionLeaderAttribute Purity > 0

Affects FairProsecutor 1 Chance 100

No need, just needed confirmation. Merged the two sets.

================
    ================

Blog Entries

Just ran a check for the 5.0 release of RotK and got some stuff for your attention

sundry error log - all parameters are valid, I am guessing they are not in the check list:
    Code:
    descr_missions.txt 28: Unrecognized mission parameter event_mission
    descr_missions.txt 33: Unrecognized mission parameter killed_by_any_means
    descr_missions.txt 34: Unrecognized mission parameter expire_on_hide_disabled
    CS 3036: Encountered unrecognized character attribute hero_ability
    stratmap error:
    1 -I suppose this means the name is nowhere in data\descr_names?
    Code:
    Translation default includes name text for name code xiaoqiao, but this ...\...
    2 - Something is wrong with this check:
    Code:
    File "ui/custom_portraits/a000o/card_dead.tga" is not referenced in the Custom characters
    File "ui/custom_portraits/a000o/card_old.tga" is not referenced in the Custom characters
    File "ui/custom_portraits/a000o/card_young.tga" is not referenced in the Custom characters
    The portraits are assigned like this and have to have those three files to work properly: "character J-1201-LiuBiao, named character, male, leader, age 52, x 101, y 98, portrait A000o"

script error:

1 - These are labels being used instead of names, maybe do a check in the campaign_script and descr_strat files first for their existence before cross checking with descr_names?:
    Code:
    CS 2094: First name reference to yuanshu1, which is not defined for any faction.
       - refers to -
    console_command give_trait "YuanShu1" HuangDi-scotland1100 2
      - from descr_strat -
    character    J-1901-YuanShu, named character, male, leader, age 43, x 142, y 114, portrait A059, label YuanShu1
    2 - This one looks like some coding logic error based on 'accepted' instead of the usual 'historic_event' prefix:
    Code:
    Historic event "lubu02_accepted" lacks title text.
    Historic event "lubu02_accepted" lacks description text.
     - only occurrence in campaign script -
    set_event_counter LuBu02_accepted 0
    Curiously this (and others like it) wasn't flagged: "set_event_counter LuBuMission05_accepted"

Edit: the base is in the 'show_me' script: "historic_event LuBuMission02 true" but neither denied nor accepted historic_events are scripted for it anywhere.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 05, 2021 at 04:13 AM.

Blog Entries

And now I am at my 'Novus Mundus' pet project and the checker terminates with this:
    Code:
    Encountered error: null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at processing.Sound.music(Sound.kt:120)
            at processing.Sound.soundChecks(Sound.kt:19)
            at main.BovineM2twCheck.performChecks(BovineM2twCheck.kt:189)
            at main.BovineM2twCheck.run(BovineM2twCheck.kt:164)
            at main.BovineM2twCheckKt.main(BovineM2twCheck.kt:42)
    The checker.output log has no issues other then not finding descr_engine_skeleton and ends with '...already reported 49 issues...' which are from script, strat map and unit error logs. The others have zero entry. The strat.map.error.log initially complained about every single line in descr_strat starting with the first faction entry: 'faction romans, balanced smith' but as it turns out the checker couldn't handle the total absence of resources in descr_strat, the crash in the code bit however remained.

Edit: I am suspecting there is an issue with descr_sounds_accents as the checker output says:
    descr_sounds_accents.txt
    Read 0 entries.
    Here is the file content:
    Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;

accent English
        factions england, normans, saxons

accent Scottish
        factions scotland

accent French
        factions france

accent German
        factions hre

accent Mediterranean
        factions milan, venice, sicily, papal_states, byzantium, spain, portugal, romans

accent East_European
        factions russia, poland, hungary, denmark

accent Arabic
        factions turks, moors, egypt

accent Mongolian
        factions mongols, timurids

accent Native
        factions aztecs, mayans, chichimeca, tlaxcalans, tarascans, slave

accent Apachean
        factions apachean
    Other then the two additional accent entries there is virtually no change from the default file. Renaming the file result in the expected 'file not found' message but code bit crash remains.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 13, 2021 at 08:00 AM.

Just to say I've seen your post. There is too much going on at home and at work for me to get around this very soon. I expect it to clear up at some point into January.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I expect it to clear up at some point into January.
    Wrong, still struggling.

================
    ================