Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - TIW - Ultimate | Pre-Release <<<

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - TIW - Ultimate | Pre-Release <<<

Here is a How To Install video should any of you need help.

https://youtu.be/lhifgZXyhdA

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warband View Post
    Here is a How To Install video should any of you need help.

https://youtu.be/lhifgZXyhdA

Sorry for double posting my mistake.! Well the mod is awesome it looks like the best for MTW2 i love it so thanks a lot for all of your effrts and work.! My problem is that i don't have music at all exept the intro.! No music in options menu and ingame.! I play with the French. All my other games and mods aree just fine.! My Rig is a 1080TI 11GB, I/7 8700K 6 Cores 3.7 and 16GB DDR4.! Anyone with the same problem did something happened with my game or something.! Btw i put the sounds folder incide the data no music at all I deleted but the same no music at all too.!??

Quote Originally Posted by Nico D'onofrio View Post
    Managed to sort it out, just changed the name of the folder to one of the kingdom mod folders and ran it from steam.
    The mod is amazing!

Nico my friend thanks a lot your solution works like a charm and btw the mod is awesome..!

Libertus

does anyone know how to stop the camera shake effect which happens whenever a gun unit fires?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    I tried installing the mod but it says file corrupt or unreadable papal_coronation.bik

Any ideas?
    I also can't play this. It has been half a year now and I don't seem to be getting any help from anyone. I have literally no idea how other people managed to get their installation working but mine still crashes at 8% because of this Papal bug. Neadal has been releasing this mod for years without any issue, in fact one of the reasons his mod was always my favorite was because of the ease in installation compared to other mods out there..so I haven't got the slightest idea on how he managed to mess up his final version's installation before disappearing.

I have done all I could. I have asked everywhere, on moddb there is some guy who made a video on installing it via this forum and so did Neadal claiming the moddb links are broken. I followed their advice. I watched the video, I followed all the instructions to the letter. And yet after several attempts I still crash at installation even though I used the 4 download links plus the sounds here on TWC. They also seem to be broken as they have the Papal bug as well. If there is one thing I've hated about Medieval 2 mods is modder's negligence to the community. I mean...they work so hard to make great mods, and their lack of effort in helping people play it or at least making sure their download procedures are intact is always a major let down.. I was hoping Neadal wasn't part of this group.. once for example I had to download 7 separate files for a Turkish mod which seemed really nice..you follow their instruction written in the only broken English these guys know, and then after you fail installing (obviously) you get 0 help. And it wasn't just me... their mod didn't kick off because thousands of potential players simply gave up trying to get to play it because of this.. in other words, all the work goes down the drain..
    Until this matter is resolved with Italian Wars at least, now unfortunately I have been forced to abandon my favorite Medieval 2 mod I have been playing since it's first release for years now> I can't offer you any help, except maybe just be patient.

I was able to solve the papal coronation error by changing to the files from TWC. If you're like me and only replaced the three data files and not the .exe file, i.e. you have .exe from ModDB + the rest from TWC, you will still get the papal coronation error. Make sure you get the .exe from TWC and it should work.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

A tip for somebody who doesn't know it (I didn't): in the mod folder there's a subfolder "maps" with maps and an Excel file with units data.

And here is a bonus from me: the list of the Swiss units.

Will you add more swiss units to the faction?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Nobody is working on the mod, afaik. It such a shame! DIK is so developed, most of the work had been done by Aneirin and his team but then it was dropped (RL issues). I wish somebody would take up his work and polish it in some areas, like it happened to the Broken Crescent expanded by Buff&Shine.

In general, this is a problem of the Medieval mods: they're made in 80% and then left by developers. Only if you've got a dedicated team leader (like Quintus Sertorius for the EBII, or those great guys for TATW submods) you can get a truly polished historical mod.

But with the new TW games it's even worse - you may read in my sig the ideas how to improve the Thrones, for instance. But it seems it won't happen.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

could someone give any advice on how to replace the music files of the latest IW release version with the ones of the previous version? because the latest verion replaced all the M2 soundtrack with customs, and I would like to play the latest version but with the old music. Any help would be appreciated

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Delete <mod folder>\data\descr_sounds_music.txt and all the .dat and .idx files in <mod folder>\data\sounds and you should be fine.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Are this new previews in the mod already or will be released in the future?

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

These new previews aren't included in the mod yet, but surely will be released some time
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Laetus

My installation was corrupt and I got this message.

File Corrupt or unreadable:
    data/settlements\middle_eastern\settlements\city\middle_eastern_city_a.world

Is there a fix? I've installed this many times. Thanks

delmat's Avatar Tiro

first of all big thanks to the creators of this excellent mod! and second guys use the download links only from TWC (not ModDB) and you should avoid corrupted installation, I tried that and it worked for me.

"Not included content:

Events: Events for all newly added factions
    Scripts: Condotta-Script"

where can I find the latest version of the mod? Tell me please

The creator, Aneirin, hasn't released it yet...

Any news?

Zmflavius's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    I also can't play this. It has been half a year now and I don't seem to be getting any help from anyone. I have literally no idea how other people managed to get their installation working but mine still crashes at 8% because of this Papal bug. Neadal has been releasing this mod for years without any issue, in fact one of the reasons his mod was always my favorite was because of the ease in installation compared to other mods out there..so I haven't got the slightest idea on how he managed to mess up his final version's installation before disappearing.

I have done all I could. I have asked everywhere, on moddb there is some guy who made a video on installing it via this forum and so did Neadal claiming the moddb links are broken. I followed their advice. I watched the video, I followed all the instructions to the letter. And yet after several attempts I still crash at installation even though I used the 4 download links plus the sounds here on TWC. They also seem to be broken as they have the Papal bug as well. If there is one thing I've hated about Medieval 2 mods is modder's negligence to the community. I mean...they work so hard to make great mods, and their lack of effort in helping people play it or at least making sure their download procedures are intact is always a major let down.. I was hoping Neadal wasn't part of this group.. once for example I had to download 7 separate files for a Turkish mod which seemed really nice..you follow their instruction written in the only broken English these guys know, and then after you fail installing (obviously) you get 0 help. And it wasn't just me... their mod didn't kick off because thousands of potential players simply gave up trying to get to play it because of this.. in other words, all the work goes down the drain..
    Until this matter is resolved with Italian Wars at least, now unfortunately I have been forced to abandon my favorite Medieval 2 mod I have been playing since it's first release for years now> I can't offer you any help, except maybe just be patient.
    This response is very very late, but I got this issue too and figured out what the cause was. If you, like me, have M2TW on steam, when you are installing, the exe will default towards pointing the mod at the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Italian_Wars in your Program Files folder instead of your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Italian_Wars directory. This is what causes the papal_coronation.bik file to be corrupt (I assume it's because that file is installed using resources from elsewhere in M2TW which of course are not present in the SEGA directory. You will need to replace that directory with your steam mod directory, and it will install correctly.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast