Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - TIW - Ultimate | Pre-Release <<<

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - TIW - Ultimate | Pre-Release <<<

"D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Italian_Wars\Executable.bat"

That bat file looks like this:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\DIK.cfg) ELSE (start medieval2.exe @%0\..\DIK.cfg)

I can't install the game because of an error:

Code:
    File corrupt or unreadable: data\fmv\event\papal_coronation.bik
    Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

@ Aneirin - Great job with the mod, + Rep.

Haven't played a TW game for a while now... It is time Great work!

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

So I finally had enough time to really sit down and play this mod for a few hours, and I must say it is all I had hoped for and really worth the wait. It is glorious.
    Also, at least for me, it has been running smoothly and I didn't experience any bugs or problems. I absolutely love the new map.

Also, the game is now extremely well balanced and wonderfully challenging. I played as Venice, and unlike in the previous version, I really felt a lot of pressure from all sides. Bologna and Urbino are wonderful additions - although, at least in my game, they didn't get very far.

So thank you so, so much for this mod Aneirin, it is an incredible work of art, and it will give me countless hours of joy and fun. Thank you.

The only issue I had (and that might have nothing to do with the mod) is that I selected "manage all cities" at the beginning - but still cities were automanaged without family member. Any ideas?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Is it intended for the Kingdom of Naples to have only one Royal Guard unit? Are they recruitable? If yes, how? Thank you.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; September 11, 2018 at 01:00 PM.

I just wanted to ask in what order do you install these files. It's a bit confusing I don't want to make a mistake. So in the forums it's in 4 parts but on moddb it's in two?

*Edit: Well Apparently I can't install the mod at all. And I tried both here and on moddb. On Moddb the second file sort of confuses me. It has 3 big files, and I didn't quite understand were they are supposed to go.. I put everything in one file Italian Wars like I'm supposed to but the file structure looks kinda weird. I wasn't surprised when i tried to launch, nothing happened.
    Last edited by oorestis; September 18, 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico D'onofrio View Post
    ok, so this is what i've done.

I use Steam so i installed it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    Then created a folder named italian wars inside the the mod folder so its now in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\italian wars
    Extracted the sounds.rar into the Data folder just as the instructions say
    However everytime i run the desktop shortcut "Die Italienischen Kriege - Ultimate" or the "Executable" file it runs the vanilla game instead.

Sorry to be such a pain, i'm sure i'm making this harder than it is. Always been terrible at installing mods.
    Go to your Steam Library, right-click on Medieval 2 Total War. Select Properties. Click Set Launch Options.
    Then Type this: --features.mod=mods/Italian_Wars

Hope it works.
    Don't try and use the launcher after this. Go and play Medieval 2 Total War and it will play the mod. I don't doubt the launcher provided with this mod doesn't work, because this is a well made mod. But I always use this method to play mods, because many old mods...their launchers are just useless with Steam. Now practically everyone uses steam, or at least no one really uses disc versions, I'm surprised many modders don't get this anymore. But Medieval 2 is an old game so...
    Last edited by oorestis; September 18, 2018 at 05:31 AM.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Interesting to see what this version does.
    I have a older version but never got the time to try it in full detail.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi. I'm looking forward to playing this.

I like a real challange. What is the 3 hardest factions to play as?

Which factions are the ones meant to be played as or uses the most scripts?

For anyone using Steam and are having problems, or for people who rename their folders, stop. I highly recommend you to follow this video instead, but apply the same logic with TIW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbgCnKTT7zU

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; September 21, 2018 at 06:46 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico D'onofrio View Post
    Yeah, my other mods such as Third age total war and Stainless Steel are in the "program files" folder and work.
    Where did you download yours to? Can you show me what your pathway looks like when you run yours?

Managed to sort it out, just changed the name of the folder to one of the kingdom mod folders and ran it from steam.
    The mod is amazing!

Can someone help me please..? After struggling the whole day I finally managed to download and run this mod.. But I can't start an campaign.. All the factions are just the same as in vanillia with exception of the Saxons. But when I chose a faction I just get redirected to the single player menu. Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by RickBurnZz View Post
    Can someone help me please..? After struggling the whole day I finally managed to download and run this mod.. But I can't start an campaign.. All the factions are just the same as in vanillia with exception of the Saxons. But when I chose a faction I just get redirected to the single player menu. Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

Saxons? Are you sure this is the right mod?
    ~Alfred Adler

Yes and I know that the Saxon's shouldn't be playable, but I am 100% sure I downloaded the right mod.

Yes and I know that the Saxon's shouldn't be playable, but I am 100% sure I downloaded the right mod.
    This is a mod about early 16th century Italy. There are no Saxons.
    ~Alfred Adler

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

These darn 16th century cannons are OP--they keep tearing apart my Saxon shield wall! Please fix.

I'm perfectly aware that the Saxons shouldn't appear in 16th Century Italy lol xD
    But I really downloaded the Italian Wars Mod, the Folders say it is, the Desktop icon says it is and I downloaded it from this forum. Still only the Saxons and all the Vanillia factions are the only playable factions and the Campaign won't start, I just get instantly redirected to the single player menu. Nobody knows what went wrong?

I'm perfectly aware that the Saxons shouldn't appear in 16th Century Italy lol xD
    But I really downloaded the Italian Wars Mod, the Folders say it is, the Desktop icon says it is and I downloaded it from this forum. Still only the Saxons and all the Vanillia factions are the only playable factions and the Campaign won't start, I just get instantly redirected to the single player menu. Nobody knows what went wrong?
    Is this where your mod was installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Italian_Wars

Yes I downloaded it there yeah

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I tried installing the mod but it says file corrupt or unreadable papal_coronation.bik

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast