Thread: Unassigned politicians

Default Unassigned politicians

Can I get faction wide bonuses by adding ancillaries to unassigned politicians in characters screen or do they have to be on the campaign map for the effects to work?

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Unassigned politicians

I don't think so, Dresden said something along the lines of the faction leader can do that, but no one else. Made it kind of an incentive to let them stay there but everyone else has to be a general or admiral to get bonuses. I did ask for clarification at the time but....

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Think that any effect that is not descirbed with an in-game icon (faction/province/region/armies panels) takes place only when general is deployed.
    I.e. the only useful ancillaries for women are those that have gravitas or zeal/authority/cunning buffs. Any other should be futile.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 02, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

So, it’s official that non-deployed characters have no effect at all? So, what is the point of the faction wide bonuses that Roman wives get as they are promoted?

I’ll clearly have to rethink my skill training and ancillary assignment strategy if that is the case. I think I have an Ode Poet or trade bonus character on nearly everywife.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Look, I just said what I think and what I noticed, nothing is official when it comes from my mouth.
    Could be that faction wide effects are triggered (my opinion is that for political characters they are not), but sincerely I'm not sure about wives, I use them for intrigues and childrens, nothing else.
    If they can't go on campaign and it is written that they have faction effects, well, I would assume they triggers, otherwise there would be no reason for CA for doing those effects.
    Don't think they missed something like that.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 02, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Look, I just said what I think and what I noticed, nothing is official when it comes from my mouth.
    Could be that faction wide effects are triggered (my opinion is that for political characters they are not), but sincerely I'm not sure about wives, I use them for intrigues and childrens, nothing else.
    If they can't go on campaign and it is written that they have faction effects, well, I would assume they triggers, otherwise there would be no reason for CA for doing those effects.
    Don't think they missed something like that.
    I have learned a few things over the years. One, I assume that the DEI team knows more about this game than I do. Two, I assume that the DEI team knows more about this game than CA does. Three, I never assume CA to fully apply anything in any game.

I also have no real way of measuring how much of an effect these things have. The Ode Poet gives a minor bonus to diplomacy. How minor? How would I even measure it with the way that the AI does or does not work. Same goes for the skills that affect influence, etc. There is no real way to measure whether it is working. I suppose I could remove every single one of my ancillaries, press end turn, and see if my trade income drops by 900% (or however it is calculated).

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Cultural affinity. Standard value is red 5/10/15
    If you assign poet it should reduce this number to 4/9/14.

Expansionism is bigger flat red number -20-100. it will be reduced by one.
    If it works .

I am about 95% sure that, most certainly, the promotion bonii that goes with the ranks (and especially for women - whom we can't make generals/admirals) most certainly do affect the game.

It's one of the ways that I get my Empire Maint' down to 0.0%! Those Matrons are damn useful!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Are you sure ? Did not get any reduction. Dresden had disabled them for spouse. Did hit 100% corruption playing hardcore and no big reduction even with Governor Generals (they are working -it is faction wide)
    I got reduction from 8,6 to 8,3 with generals (multiple) never 0%. Had 11 characters for 33% but it I still had high corruption. Should have around 10 or 0 with 2 spouses and 11 generals/dignitary .
    I did not recruit them after that but new patch might changed something .

So there is no point in assigning faction wide bonuses to my female politician. That's dissapointing as I got her in an event and it said she is an important character.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gioseppe View Post
    So there is no point in assigning faction wide bonuses to my female politician. That's dissapointing as I got her in an event and it said she is an important character.
    Could arrange a marriage to potentially get a useful general/ admiral? Plus they can go on diplomatic missions, arrange games etc