Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Ancillaries

Default Disappearing Ancillaries

Title says just about all of it: I keep getting notifications that I've received ancillaries or items or whatever else, and some of them just plain don't exist on any of my characters anywhere. Here is an example of one which I don't have, even on the general it says has it. https://i.imgur.com/9EuGemJ.png

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Disappearing Ancillaries

Sometimes generals acquire ancillaries that are applicable only to agents. That being said I also noticed that I can't find this particular one on any character which seems odd. Maybe it's locked behind one of the 3 ancillaries slots agents/generals have which is not available?

Also, this thread should probably end up in the bug thread (looking at you @FlashHeart07 )
    Last edited by Nordling; August 30, 2018 at 02:56 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

We shall take a look at it.
    And as Nordling correctly pointed out. Reports such as this belongs in the stickied threads. Either feedback or bug reports.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SerWind View Post
    Title says just about all of it: I keep getting notifications that I've received ancillaries or items or whatever else, and some of them just plain don't exist on any of my characters anywhere. Here is an example of one which I don't have, even on the general it says has it. https://i.imgur.com/9EuGemJ.png
    I think problem is that probably ancillary from different cultur group and normally should not be available to your faction, but after officially increasing ancillary slots something broke. I saw it many times in Attila, though i don't know which table is responsible for that.

We are already aware of this.

It looks like they are vanilla ancillaries, there somehow ignoring the fact that we have disabled the script for them.

Stranger yet, in test files I am receiving ancillaries that are not only disabled script wise, but are from completely different campaigns.
    Several times I've also seen Garrison generals which are referred to as captains in the notification unlock a ancillary. And obviously you can't interact with Garrison generals to do anything with those. Nor are they actually characters.

Dresden is looking into some solutions.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if it will help, but I noticed this happen in my current Epeiros campaign ( normal GC, not ROR ).

Specifically, I received notification about a particular ancillary ( I think it was goldsmith ) - under the name of my spy. But I could not find the ancillary anywhere.
    The following turn, it appeared and I could select it ... but under my Dignitary/Governor !

At a guess it looks like a vanilla bug CA have added, perhaps they have got their assignments mixed up ...

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

You can get same one every turn. Have 10 watch dogs , 3 snakes, 2 goose, 20x 5% against agents statue. 8 taxman, 8 tribune of plebs, . 2x poet,

If you put them on non active character you will be spawned with same ones. Then you will rich max allowed and get none.
    Solution disband bad ones, keep good ones (not like me 8 tribune of plebs- did not have time to disband them)

Watch dog if equipped on agent will give +3 public order (it is army effect). Will find other ones that need corrections
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    You can get same one every turn. Have 10 watch dogs , 3 snakes, 2 goose, 20x 5% against agents statue. 8 taxman, 8 tribune of plebs, . 2x poet,

If you put them on non active character you will be spawned with same ones. Then you will rich max allowed and get none.
    Solution disband bad ones, keep good ones (not like me 8 tribune of plebs- did not have time to disband them)

Watch dog if equipped on agent will give +3 public order (it is army effect). Will find other ones that need corrections
    What exactly do you mean by "disband"? I generally attach rubbish ones to other faction members that are just sat around in the capital doing nothing. As far as I'm aware you can't actually get rid of them anymore..

Select X when you are in anc menu. It will remove anc. from game . Lost good one when I tried to free it. It is dismiss button

Creepy, Halloween is coming sooner than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Select X when you are in anc menu. It will remove anc. from game . Lost good one when I tried to free it. It is dismiss button
    I thought that was how it used to work up until recently? Now when I press the big X the ancillary just goes back into the pile. A bit annoying and limiting really as some are awful!

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Pressing the ‘x’ interface button does not remove the ancillary.

I haven't figured out what is going on here yet and I have been testing and tinkering for over a week on the issue

Here seems to be a summation of the problem:
    - Ancillaries that are not supposed to trigger will do so. These include ones that are not for the agent type that is referenced. For example, a spy somehow gets a dignitary's ancillary. Other examples include ancillaries that are assigned specific campaign triggers (ie only in Empire Divided) somehow triggering in other campaigns.
    - Some of these triggers don't even exist in our script files, only in vanilla files, which should be overwritten by our scripts.
    - However, these ancillaries are setup to properly work with agent/subculture assignments even if they do somehow trigger - but they don't work.
    - Ancillaries triggered in this way will often not appear or will disappear. Sometimes they are even assigned to a garrison commander ("captain") hidden character.

In other words, ancillaries that are not supposed to trigger but will work if they do are triggering but aren't working. The odd part is that I have setup the mod to use the vanilla tables and mostly vanilla entries for all the db values. Our triggers/scripting is where there are differences and that file should be wholly overwritten for vanilla. I have no logical explanation as to how it could be happening. I am starting to wonder if it is some sort of vanilla bug or a bug that happens from modding vanilla.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yes X do not remove them. Anymore.
    Ancillaries that I had did work. Got +3 Po bonus from military presence on dignitary and it was listed in PO panel.
    Some will start missing if you use agent . Steal is for Spy - you can lose equipped anc. Only if you have equipped wrong type anc.
    I lost cape or watch dog

I did not get may others because I was getting Watch Dog every turn.
    Only problem I have is they will block real Anc to spawn. 50 trash anc can stop important ones like Tribune of the Plebs . To get rid of it You must equip them on politicians or spouses.
    It is annoying bug but nothing game breaking. 8 taxman could break balance but you can always use just one and off course last option is to kill 10k gold worth General

And it only just recently started happening too. With the ancestral beta. So it's definitely a new issue.

I just noticed some of my ancillaries have started disappearing. I got a wolf pelt for one of my Roman generals (bottom left slot). The next turn, I noticed that the Statue of Mars I formerly had in the top right slot was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Olmsted View Post
    I just noticed some of my ancillaries have started disappearing. I got a wolf pelt for one of my Roman generals (bottom left slot). The next turn, I noticed that the Statue of Mars I formerly had in the top right slot was missing.
    I think they do disappear over time, intended to simulate npc's getting introduced then dying over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen999 View Post
    I think they do disappear over time, intended to simulate npc's getting introduced then dying over time?
    Then indeed that would explain why, with our Mod, they are 'disappearing' 4x faster than they should!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I hate it when I store my Statue of Mars in a vat of sulfuric acid and it just disappears over time...

With that said, I had never had this happen in any of my prior campaigns.

In this case, we probably should have table or row in the table and message "ancillary lost" like in Attila (about 50 turns ancillary life spin, i dont remember exact number). Or CA just made it hardcoded without notifying player about disappearing ancillary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast