Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arche Aiakidae - Epeiros AAR

Default Re: Arche Aiakidae - Epeiros AAR

THE END
    (90BC-65BC)

Well, for some closure, a quick briefing of the ending of my campaign.

Basically after a hundred battles,starting in year 90 BC, the indian menace was destroyed, with the only remnant being one garrison in the himalayas. The Basileus Aspetos led most of the campaign, until he died in Year 75 BC. His heir, Thrasymachos, led the war to its succesful end by 65 BC.

In the process the Arche Aiakidae kingdom liberated eastern Arabia, returning the lands to the sabaean kingdom, and Baktria, returning the region to the Baktrian dynasty. Through the jungles, the mountains and the steppes, Epeiros fought against the Taksashila Empire. Aspetos died before their capital was taken, and thus he did not reach the Indus valley, as Alexandros had centuries before. Thrasymachos ended his campaign in the Himalayas, sending his armies back to the center of the empire.
    In the meantime, survivors of the ptolemaic dynasty attempted to capture egypt back, and they were swiftly destroyed by one army that had remained in greece.

The 25 year campaign gave the Romans time to grow stronger, and by 65 BC it was clear that a final struggle between the Roman Empire and the Epeirote Empire was going to happen. But then EB 3.5 was released and i officially ended the game!

War Against Taksashila (warning, a lot of pics):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Empire

The Last Battle

All in all, the most fun i ever had in a grand strategy game.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Campidoctor

Wow. Looks like this was a hell of a campaign. I love how you stuck with it, resulting in this epic length and scope. And I totally know what you mean about EB2 campaigns offering the most fun version of this style of gaming ever experienced. A true treasure!

A hearty congratulations on your successful conclusion, Basileus.

Ty! I only wish i had started writing the AAR when i launched the campaign, those 100 years that went missing in here were quite thrilling and epic none the same!

So far the only Total War campaigns where i reached more than 500 turns were this one, and an EB 1 Roman Campaign where i also reached around 800 turns. For all the other total wars, i always feel 100 turns is a chore and already reaching endgame, you are already being superpowerful. EB though is quite unique on that regard.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I only wish i had started writing the AAR when i launched the campaign, those 100 years that went missing in here were quite thrilling and epic none the same!
    I know exactly what you mean. Early in my equivalent favorite long campaign, I was taking fewer screenshots, and it was before I figured out how to get them to be full resolution and proper sized and awesome looking. So the early years are less than properly documented and I lament it when I go back through old screenshot folders, there were some awesome battles to take over home territories and expansion early on which are lost to the mists of time. But the memories will be with me forever! Hopefully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12