Thread: CTD 2.1

Default CTD 2.1

Playing as Jiaozhou. At turn >200, when i click to see family tree, the games CTD.

Code:
    when testing <PercentageUnitCategory> condition15:25:24.012 [game.script] [always] Turn End sicily
    15:25:24.012 [game.script] [always] Turn Start spain
    15:25:26.259 [game.script] [always] Turn End spain
    15:25:26.259 [game.script] [always] Turn Start slave
    15:25:26.355 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3070JnBJ-B-1> 
    : PercentageUnitCategory needs a living character with an army.

when testing <PercentageUnitCategory> condition
    15:25:26.356 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3180JnFX-B-1> 

15:25:26.364 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-B-1> 

15:25:26.365 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3190JnCQ-B-1> 

15:25:26.373 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-B-1> 

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: CTD 2.1

The log doesn’t tell us what caused the CTD. However, do you happen to recall if any of the original family members (Shi Xie, Shi Hui, etc.) are dead?

EDIT: I checked and some of the original family members have their "dead" portraits in grayscale, instead of RGB, which will cause a CTD. If the answer to my above question was yes, then the cause of the CTD when trying to view the family tree is a bad portrait. I'm pretty sure changing portraits mid-game is fine, so here is a fix for those bad dead portraits.

Download and extract contents into your mods/rotk folder and overwrite: Jiaozhou Portrait Fix
    Last edited by Seether; August 28, 2018 at 06:09 AM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

The answer is yes!
    Thank you for your quick reply, seether. I'll try and see what happen. And i have CTD when playing Sun Clan, too. Here the log :
    Code:
    18:36:14.624 [game.script] [always] Turn Start hre18:41:29.071 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-A-1> 

18:41:29.071 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-A-3> 

18:41:29.082 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-A-1> 

18:41:29.083 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <C3080JnQJ-A-3>

Same situation with the Sun Clan? Several dozen turns in, original family members die, and it crashes when trying to view the family tree? If not, can I get more information (turn number, what you're doing, characters doing anything specific (attacking settlement, etc.), is crash while performing action or at the end of turn or during an AI faction's turn, etc.)

Also, is your log set to trace? If not, please do the following:
    • Go to your rotk folder
    • Locate and open configuration.cfg
    • A few lines from the top, locate [log] and make it look like the following:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt					# path and name of log
    level = * trace					# detailed log
    #level = * error						# basic log
    The trace log will give much better information, for Gig and myself, when it comes to tracking down the reason(s) for crashes.
    Last edited by Seether; August 28, 2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Same situation with the Sun Clan? Several dozen turns in, original family members die, and it crashes when trying to view the family tree? If not, can I get more information (turn number, what you're doing, characters doing anything specific (attacking settlement, etc.), is crash while performing action or at the end of turn or during an AI faction's turn, etc.)

Also, is your log set to trace? If not, please do the following:
    • Go to your rotk folder
    • Locate and open configuration.cfg
    • A few lines from the top, locate [log] and make it look like the following:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                    # detailed log
    #level = * error                        # basic log
    The trace log will give much better information, for Gig and myself, when it comes to tracking down the reason(s) for crashes.
    It isn't the same situation with Sun clan. Turn number is 12, CTD while loading battle Yue attack Sun clan. My log is already set to trace and i posted in previous reply.

Sorry for the late reply, have been busy with the 2.2 update

The log didn't really tell me much, aside from referencing a specific trait. I looked into it, specifically that trait and its triggers, but didn't find anything that would cause a CTD, so I'm not sure what the issue was/is. Is it a repeatable CTD or just one that happened once in that specific instance?

it's a repeatable CTD, when you seized a city and the enemy attacks you.

Alright, I’ll have Gig take a look at it; he’s much better at bug hunting than I am.