Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

its annoying when you have the pop up each turn saying you have no edicts assigned because they aren't worth it

I built Limitanei Barracks to cities with harbours and without harbours. In cities without harbours garrison includes units which are provided by Limitanei Barracks but in cities with harbours garrison doesn't include units which are provided by Limitanei Barracks. The same situation is with smaller towns with harbours and without harbours when I build Castrum Limitum. Even when I built Military Warf garrison fleet doesn't include all ships which are provided by Military Warf. Why?

Max limit of units in garrison is always 20, incl. land and navy. so when building exceed that number surplus units don't show up.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Cgma
    Are you still working on this?
    Cheers,
    G.S

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Hi, Cgma
    Are you still working on this?
    Cheers,
    G.S
    Yepp, polishing latest update before official release.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    Yepp, polishing latest update before official release.

Great news! Please keep us posted

Good to see this mod is still kept up to date! I am a fan of Fote and Europa Perdita, but sadly I am not that fond of base game Attila. Only if there was a way to add defence stance for units.

PS. There seems to be mods out already that fixes the archers animation bug where arrows fly back to the hands of shooter.

New update for FotE and my submod is actually released.

Man I hope Aurelinius or an up to date dev will answer. Playing as the Huns (never played any other faction on grand campaign) on Hard Campaign and Hard battle difficulty (I know this is not the recommended difficulty, but I'm ok with it, unless somebody tells me that on Hard cd or bd the ai is heavily nerfed or heavily boosted either with money or stats - I really hope that vh campaign is NOT the ONLY way to play as I will have to restart my campaign and I don't have the stomach for it). I have no complaints about the nation I am using, but the thing that bothers me is - where are all the ai agents???? I'm aware that the Huns start out with high imperium so I took advantage of it and already recruited spies and priests, but I don't see any competition from the barbarian tribes around me in that "facet" of gameplay so to speak. I've never explored past the pontic steppe so I don't know if the civilized great powers (ERE,WRE,Sassanids) have even gotten spies. Please tell me that Hard Campaign difficulty isn't so different from VH that ai at this tier doesn't even recruit agents. I'll have to restart...

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Hard battle difficulty (I know this is not the recommended difficulty, but I'm ok with it).
    No worry, i also play battles at hard.
    where are all the ai agents????
    They are less prioritized and expensive, so factions start to recruit them only if they must. Agents' wars are not funny.
    I've never explored past the pontic steppe so I don't know if the civilized great powers (ERE,WRE,Sassanids) have even gotten spies.
    They have.
    Please tell me that Hard Campaign difficulty isn't so different from VH that ai at this tier doesn't even recruit agents. I'll have to restart...
    Unfortunatelly, Hard is much easier than VH. In fact playing normal or hard for FotE + EP Revised doesn't make any sense unless you just learn new behaviours which are different than playing vanilla game or other mods. But for experienced TW player very hard can only match.
    Last edited by Cgma; July 16, 2023 at 09:18 PM.

I tried very hard...the ai behavior as puppet states are ridiculous (playing as Huns). They secede at the drop of a hat. Was crushing as the Huns...but with no puppet vassals (i think cause I used all diplomatic options available submod, the up to date one, they become puppets not tributaries) it felt so empty (like I succeed in subduing 4 to 5 factions then I lose them when some newcomer declares war on me). Hard ai relations actually make sense (but recently I've been trying a hard campaign as the Huns - versus very hard of before - and the green relations no longer become a shield for secession; however, maybe it's because I've declared war against every state in existence?). Weirdly enough in hard difficulty I might have a more epic playthrough cause both the WRE and ERE are intact even after nearly a decade, in very hard their outlying provinces splinter into multiple weak states. Also, in very hard it was just a painful slog of constantly crushing a large number of barbarian peoples that were my puppets one turn then my enemies the next (no sense of fulfillment at all).

New question though - Kadas Atlig Sunguglug, basically the 2nd best actually Hunnic lancer (cause the others are Sarmatians or Germans) the Huns can recruit, what building produces it? To jog the memory of you devs it's basically the armored Hunnic lancer BUT horse is unarmored (so not the Ordu Atlig Sunguglug). I swear it should be available once you finish building the last level of the lancer's encampment but the building browser says it recruits Kadas Atlig Yacit (so armored horse archer but horse has no barding). I really hope this is just an oversight in the building browser because if so it's a bug where the huns can never recruit their second best lancer unit in the grand campaign.
    Last edited by Pooploop; July 31, 2023 at 10:12 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678