Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Thank you guys for kind words .
    Actually i made a small break but there are still waiting icons to replace which will be done within next few months depending on time i can spare. Ahiga, thx for contact, i sent you PM, let's see what we can do about it .

hoo wee. I just started a western roman campaign. the scripted events kick ass, Cgma. I usually am a strictly ERE player. This mod has converted me. I am getting my ass kicked hahaha

Also, Cgma: this fellow is incredibly helpful and makes great skins/shields https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1621287325

he and his crew are making a Julian mod. A bunch of those skins may be of service to you, if you need it.

Quick question: is there any place we can see screenshots of the Roman units?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 17, 2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    Quick question: is there any place we can see screenshots of the Roman units?
    I have added some prints in the mod section on Steam, so you can see some selected ones (if this is what you ask about).
    If talking about the mod for LotR campaign - yeah, visually they look good, but not really historical nor i like his vision. This is unfortunately far from historical sources i have read since he points he used some, but probably not those for Iustinian era. Some real glimpse about units of those time gives the mod for Romani Units pack which Ahiga also contributed, but they still cover only small part of those existing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    I have added some prints in the mod section on Steam, so you can see some selected ones (if this is what you ask about).
    If talking about the mod for LotR campaign - yeah, visually they look good, but not really historical nor i like his vision. This is unfortunately far from historical sources i have read since he points he used some, but probably not those for Iustinian era. Some real glimpse about units of those time gives the mod for Romani Units pack which Ahiga also contributed, but they still cover only small part of those existing then.
    I saw them and tested them in custom battle -- excellent job.

And no, he is working on a Julian-era mod. there are some cool diversifying armor assets, all based on FoTE and RII's Constantine models.

I have the Romani pack. Ahiga is amazing for sure

I guess i have covered all that Notitia included. For balance issues and comfort of players they are only variants of existing units and tiers, but that's almost full list of units that can be find in ND.

Would it be possible to use celticus late roman shields resource mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=883104300) to reskin the current roman roster in order to give them a more accurate look?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro_TWH View Post
    I was looking for any update or info about FOTE and i found this thread! Thank you for investing in it i will try it out lately! I hope some other modder from the team will help you and make it even better!
    Αt some point when DEI is on hold.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 26, 2019 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Would it be possible to use celticus late roman shields resource mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=883104300) to reskin the current roman roster in order to give them a more accurate look?
    Currently mod uses even more accurate shields patterns, directly from Notitia Dignitatum and more accurate units to wield them . No need to copy their work, i did my own, you can see all scope of historical shields in the game (over 200+ roman units and shields).

Sorry, i meant the shape of the shields not the designs on them. If you look at the older invasio barbarorum mods from rome´s I barbarian expansion (and Medieval 2 if you take into account invasio barbarorum II) pack you will notice that the shields used by the roman troops of this period were considerably larger than the ones CA created.

Something along these lines:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 17, 2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spoilers added.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Sorry, i meant the shape of the shields not the designs on them. If you look at the older invasio barbarorum mods from rome´s I barbarian expansion (and Medieval 2 if you take into account invasio barbarorum II) pack you will notice that the shields used by the roman troops of this period were considerably larger than the ones CA created.
    Resizing all of them to that new model is simply hell lot of work as most were painted from scratch to fit standard CA's one. Sorry, not going to happen.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
    On year 438, I am experiencing a C++ crash on ERE turn. I tried changing some of my decisions before end turn, but it always crashes. I have no idea if it is connected to this mod, it probably isn't, but I'm just wondering if anyone has similar issues.
    I have the same problem, my Vandal campaign crashes on turn 50 when it is ERE's turn. No matter what i do i get the crash.

As mods I only use what is advised : FOTE (4 packs) , EP main pack, This submod ( FOTE/EP revisited), FOTE fix pack version 53 and FOTE hotfix for broken files.

I played 2 campaigns beyond turn 130+ recently with just FOTE+EP combo, so it is very likely that this mod causes the ERE crash unfortunately (some ERE edits may backfire later on and produce this crash)

That is a pity cause i love this mod but i dont know what to do now. Anyone else had the issue?
    Last edited by DeMolay; January 18, 2019 at 04:46 PM.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=883104300

pretty good shield resource I use

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    I have the same problem, my Vandal campaign crashes on turn 50 when it is ERE's turn. No matter what i do i get the crash.

As mods I only use what is advised : FOTE (4 packs) , EP main pack, This submod ( FOTE/EP revisited), FOTE fix pack version 53 and FOTE hotfix for broken files.

I played 2 campaigns beyond turn 130+ recently with just FOTE+EP combo, so it is very likely that this mod causes the ERE crash unfortunately (some ERE edits may backfire later on and produce this crash)

That is a pity cause i love this mod but i dont know what to do now. Anyone else had the issue?
    That is probably intermediate bug introduced with first big update for new units - it is (probably) corrected now, but it doesn't apply to actual saves (not save compatible), so it will work only with playing new campaigns with using last updated files.

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    This is the same shield Juanplay is talking about. As i said, resizing textures to that is pretty beyond my will, that is hell lot of work. Maybe someone else is gonna do it, not me.
    Anyway i can see one main issue about this shield - it's resolution - that edgy shape doesn't really look good, it is even pretty visible in texture pattern that model needs some tesselation.
    Last edited by Cgma; January 20, 2019 at 06:21 AM.

Nekro_TWH's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Αt some point when DEI is on hold.
    Good to know that
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 26, 2019 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro_TWH View Post
    Good to know that
    First thing that should be done as soon as possible is rebuilding Pack_0 structure as it is both buggy and outdated. I would do it if FotE team will agree and replace then old pack_0, i wouldn't like to do alternative pack-mod that would create just more mess.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Go for it my dude, I'll have Dresden replace whatever you send.

Wonderful There's a lot to come out of Atilla yet

DEI is absolutely amazing mod, a golden standard I spent a lot of time playing, but I prefer Atilla's historic setting, UI and possibilities within the game. I'd love to see it turn from good to a great experience with some modding love!

Cgma, I'm not much help as a modder, but I can spare a few hours a week to test changes if you need help. I did mod a bit and I have basic understanding of how things work behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
    I'm not much help as a modder, but I can spare a few hours a week to test changes if you need help. I did mod a bit and I have basic understanding of how things work behind the scenes.
    Currently i would be appreciated if you play as any not roman faction to confirm whether that crash bug on WRE/ERE exists as i honestly cannot duplicate it. It needs playing basic mod structure without any other mods that were not listed in collection.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Go for it my dude, I'll have Dresden replace whatever you send.
    Just one question - why have you changed units' IDs in main_units tables from vannila ones? Original used IDs between ca 5000 -15000, now they are 600000-900000 for unknown reason.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 26, 2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Double post.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I'm trying to remember, this was a good few years ago. IIRC we were tearing it down and building from scratch with a lot of the units because of how messed up vanilla Attila was. I'm pretty sure Ahiga made that particular change, probably to match up with his codex.

I don't know if we ever made this public, but it was definitely intended to be.

Codex FOTE
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 26, 2022 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    I don't know if we ever made this public, but it was definitely intended to be.

Codex FOTE
    It is public for years now . Anyway it doesn't explain anyhow why IDs were changed (someone did it manually, that's hell of work for no point really). Actually i can't say FotE files are less messed in fact than Attila were. There are many decisions hard to be explained to me that were made inside files. I will leave it the way it has been done but if possible i will replace some mostly arguable ways of creating data - like using BIG letters while all Total War games prefer small, that was one of the reasons FotE main pack is so bugged. The same goes about inconsistent using "_" as prefix which creates another mess. Many work to do even if i repaired many things in hotfix.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast