Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

Senator

Default Re: [Submod] Fall of the Eagles + Europa Perdita revised

I came back to Attila after a long pause and thought I should try your mod. But my Attila does not start with it. Maybe because I use the standalone FotE/EP version? First I thought it were my other old mods (GEM, less climate change, tougher walls, bloodpack, my own mod with db, UI and variantmesh changes), but it is your pack, as all works fine when I disable it.

Could you upload a version out of Steam? I never use the Steam versions of DeI or FotE or so. Or what could else be the problem? I cannot even look into your mod with PFM, as it gets not downloaded onto my HD. So I also cannot rename it to be higher in the load order.

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    I came back to Attila after a long pause and thought I should try your mod. But my Attila does not start with it. Maybe because I use the standalone FotE/EP version? First I thought it were my other old mods (GEM, less climate change, tougher walls, bloodpack, my own mod with db, UI and variantmesh changes), but it is your pack, as all works fine when I disable it.
    Have you tried doing it vice-versa? Disable all your mods and use only clean FotE+EP+my mod (+my patch, icons or artillery mod if you want as well)?

Could you upload a version out of Steam? I never use the Steam versions of DeI or FotE or so.
    They work pretty fine, and actually there is no problem with loading them or loading order. Just remove your anticipation .

Or what could else be the problem? I cannot even look into your mod with PFM, as it gets not downloaded onto my HD. So I also cannot rename it to be higher in the load order.
    It happens to me with other mods when they conflicting with existing ones (or it may be kinda bug of the game itself). First - remove for good existing mods. Try tick FotE + EP from Steam and check they are on disc. If so, proceed with my mod(s). If they don't appear on disc there must be what i talk about. This started to happen to me (i mean mods not downloading on disc) after reinstalation of the game, so most suspects goes to installation. But currently i don't have enough knowledge to say what is happening. Try steps above first (including reinstaling all game if you want to try - if you can't download my mod via Steam it means you can't also other mods, not every one, but selectively like it happens now to me).

PS. Downloading files from other sources does nothing, Steam's mod manager will remove them automatically from disc since they exist on Steam. You have to create situation you can use Steam either by experimenting or reinstallation if needed.

Anyway ending disscusion with asher 237 about units - i also plan to add more women' faces - i'm really tired of watching few ones in family panel (that is of course low priority but still active). If anyone have knowledge which files are to change for that let me know pls. I have done first research about it, but still not really sure if new portraits can be implemented and if only two files are involved - campaign_character_art_sets and campaign_character_arts?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Civis

What about population system.
    Can you implement it?

Not in plans. Not until i know it is not planned by FotE team.
    Anyway that is still basing on classes which i don't like at all (DEI implements it, not my favorable as well as supply system which is simply too complicated for that kind of game and it should work like real supply lines while it is only condition to keep expanding) and such a class system would be absolutely false according to Vth century reality.
    Last edited by Cgma; September 27, 2018 at 05:06 AM.

Hey, is there a non-steam file available for download? Would really appreciate that since I have the non steam versions of both Fote and EP mods.

Should I use the community patch as well?

Regarding units:

Absolutely agree. Let me know, in the meantime, thank you for the great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    Anyway ending disscusion with asher 237 about units - i also plan to add more women' faces - i'm really tired of watching few ones in family panel (that is of course low priority but still active). If anyone have knowledge which files are to change for that let me know pls. I have done first research about it, but still not really sure if new portraits can be implemented and if only two files are involved - campaign_character_art_sets and campaign_character_arts?
    Ahiga might know? He is super responsive and Dresden is as well. If they aren't too busy.

For a supply system script, these might be interesting: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...rchtext=supply

or this one which incorporates a bit more depth: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...rchtext=supply
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
    Should I use the community patch as well?
    No, under any conditions - NO. Asher found it is conflicting with mod (probably with EP first, but my mod as well). Most their bugs (if possible ofc) are repaired with EP/FotE since they replace bugged functions or other things, so no need anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    Ahiga might know? He is super responsive and Dresden is as well. If they aren't too busy.
    They are and i don't want to harass them with such a trivial problems. Anyway looking for nice, fitting portraits of women . I looked into DeviantArt but found nothing (still i didn't do deep research). By the way - the new generals portraits are also to replace - squizzed faces just look bad… But that is pretty easy, just getting back vanilla. Minor problem for ending polishing the mod.

As for supply system - absolutely i'm against it, it doesn't make much sense in DEI, it does none in FotE + EP as well. It should work like being a real supply (delivering food if province lacks it) while it is only a kinda condition to keep expanding only. Other thing is how it would work with 7 stacks of Huns harassing one region...?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

No, under any conditions - NO. Asher found it is conflicting with mod (probably with EP first, but my mod as well). Most their bugs (if possible ofc) are repaired with EP/FotE since they replace bugged functions or other things, so no need anyway.
    It seriously messes everything up. The only thing i use from it is the lighting mod.

They are and i don't want to harass them with such a trivial problems. Anyway looking for nice, fitting portraits of women . I looked into DeviantArt but found nothing (still i didn't do deep research). By the way - the new generals portraits are also to replace - squizzed faces just look bad… But that is pretty easy, just getting back vanilla. Minor problem for ending polishing the mod.

As for supply system - absolutely i'm against it, it doesn't make much sense in DEI, it does none in FotE + EP as well. It should work like being a real supply (delivering food if province lacks it) while it is only a kinda condition to keep expanding only. Other thing is how it would work with 7 stacks of Huns harassing one region...?
    Totally.

And yeah, just tested it with FOTE + EP and it is overwritten with both of those active.

So, I am 83 turns in as the ERE and having a blast. Just your mods and FOTE + EP (and MAGA). Dig this: The West still stands! They are my puppet state, currently but getting a bit pissed about being under my guidance. I have two comitatnenses legions helping them out in Britain (a losing battle it seems. Celtic and Angle war parties are tearing the place apart) and trying to keep the various germanic hordes out of the WRE proper. It's great! There is a lot of negative PO popping up in WRE that I can't help them with but so far, they have been able to hold -- with a little help from me propping them up after I stabilized my Persian frontier.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Yeah, playing as ERE i always set about 2-3 armies to control WRE moves, however i do not bother reclaiming Britain ever since there is too far to come back eventually if Sassanids attacked. Unfortunately there is still too easy to trick Huns for peace both to WRE and ERE, and if you bribe Huns to attack any faction like german ones they mostly set peace as well after 2-3 rounds so money is wasted. Generally controlling both WRE and ERE needs doing that in specific moment since if you intervene too late faction collapses whatever you do - mostly they stop creating armies and you keep guarding in the deserted regions for nothing. I also want to know how to stop ERE/WRE from idiotic creation of multiple navies which later maunder from place to place for nothing as well.
    Last edited by Cgma; October 02, 2018 at 03:15 AM.

Yeah, playing as ERE i always set about 2-3 armies to control WRE moves, however i do not bother reclaiming Britain ever since there is too far to come back eventually if Sassanids attacked. Unfortunately there is still too easy to trick Huns for peace both to WRE and ERE, and if you bribe Huns to attack any faction like german ones they mostly set peace as well after 2-3 rounds so money is wasted. Generally controlling both WRE and ERE needs doing that in specific moment since if you intervene too late faction collapses whatever you do - mostly they stop creating armies and you keep guarding in the deserted regions for nothing. I also want to know how to stop ERE/WRE from idiotic creation of multiple navies which later maunder from place to place for nothing as well.
    Yeah...the british isles are a show. lol. i might withdraw fully and try to help out the danube line which is being pummeled by both germanic hordes and barbarian kingdoms. it's great. 412 AD and the west, while weakened still stands. Honorius charged a bunch of goths and is dead, thank god.

Added scripted events for WRE and ERE that include most important revolts within the era, especially those that drove WRE to collapse eventually. This is mostly Isoft work, not mine, so all respect and honour goes to him, i just want to thank him as much as i can for his contribution:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...re-A-Long-Fall
    as well as people from C&C Modding Den for more tips and help around those scripts (especially Vandy).

I'm not sure, but probably you must start a new game for WRE/ERE to meet those events.

Great job Cgma!
    Last edited by chriswhr; October 04, 2018 at 07:52 PM.

Added scripted events for WRE and ERE that include most important revolts within the era, especially those that drove WRE to collapse eventually. This is mostly Isoft work, not mine, so all respect and honour goes to him, i just want to thank him as much as i can for his contribution:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...re-A-Long-Fall
    as well as people from C&C Modding Den for more tips and help around those scripts (especially Vandy).

I'm not sure, but probably you must start a new game for WRE/ERE to meet those events.
    Restart is needed but SO WORTH IT. GODDAMN. Back up to 412 as ERE -- is getting real.

For ERE there is actually only one event incl. Trigibild revolt, which probably will be splitted into two - one by one Trigibild and Gainas. I'm looking for other events between 400-450AD to fill gaps in ERE history, so if you know of any let me know .

Yeah, it is not a problem of balancing all, but my vision is just far (?) from FotE/DEI rules which simply are subjects of paper+stone+scissors system built in TW games. Whatever DEI/FotE did with it, it is still the same system. I don't intend to change it, however my vision is just not units which are better by tiers but by equipment/development, so if worse unit uses the same spatha as the best it should make the same damage (with - for example - worst accuracy if any) and if they loose that's not because their version does only 16 pts, while elite 24, but because they are worse morale, worse armor, less experience. Actually rebelling about DEI/FotE system is pointless, if i can see any OPs in current FotE rules i do change it, but - as i said - respecting the system. The other thing is bugged files which simply don't let apply any change and i don't want to check why and what is wrong (i know what - conflicting IDs numbers, but patching this would do mod completely incoherent to FotE - that would need rebuilding both EP and FOtE from scratch and releasing it as sole independent mod - not my game ).
    Saying shortly - i want my mod is still FotE, not anything else.

There are many things i would talk about with FotE/DEI team, but i will when they have time and will to talk. There are for sure many 'advisors' around, i don't want to be one of them. Better show how-to, not just talk. That's why i do revision as one of the reasons. Maybe when they come back they find my changes applicable, maybe not. Anyway let them finish DEI, no hurry at all.
    You obviously don't believe in the answer to the Riddle of Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw

I don't have Atilla installed at the moment so I can't try your modifications and give feedback, but I'm glad somebody picked up the development of these great mods.

Neverending plagues were a big problem, as were the overpowered archers. Hopefully, the game is more balanced now in these respects.

Issues I still have with the game are fast movement speed on the tactical map.

On the strategic map, I don't like the way Huns are simulated... They wander aimlessly and have no endgame... Also, endless respawning and the fact you have to kill Atilla three times mess the things up. I'm not sure what can be done about that, but there is no proper feeling of politics because of it.

Oh well... Wish you all the best with the development and hopefully in the future I can enjoy this great game again

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
    Neverending plagues were a big problem, as were the overpowered archers. Hopefully, the game is more balanced now
    I suppose it is. Unfortunately i'm not very good in all those tables of stats for units (yeah, lazy me), so it was done by mass repression .
    Issues I still have with the game are fast movement speed on the tactical map.
    Such details are a common matter of taste, i cannot deny, i cannot confirm. For basic FotE you can use slower/faster battle submods, however you can't use any of them with my mod until someone makes them compatible. I hope, i balanced speed of units to something more appropriate, they seem to move reasonably now. At least elephants and camels are not faster than any cavalry, camels are faster than elephants and equal to heavyweight horses.
    I don't like the way Huns are simulated... They wander aimlessly and have no endgame...
    Nothing i can do about it, oh, wait, i can, but i don't have like 3 years to rescript it into something more useful. I suppose CA also decided to make it at low resistance level to avoid wasting time too much. They gave us 3 campaings now and a lot of playable factions, noone forces you to play Huns. I don't like them either, i don't play them (yeah, they are boring).
    Also, endless respawning and the fact you have to kill Atilla three times mess the things up. I'm not sure what can be done about that, but there is no proper feeling of politics because of it.
    Actually you need 2 times in fact . Neverthless it is kinda challenge since however you mod Attila - with or without FotE - you always win (well, you should) with A(I)S (Artificial Stupidity) so at least until 425 AD you have something to do besides expanding until the edge of the map.
    Last edited by Cgma; October 05, 2018 at 06:43 PM.

For the scripted deaths of Honorius and Arcadius, should I restart my campaign? No big deal if I need to, just wondering.

If you use my private first version - then yes, but not really sure you should, not that big deal to restart (you can always kill them manually )

If you use my private first version - then yes, but not really sure you should, not that big deal to restart (you can always kill them manually )
    Cool! I am using the public version now and am totally fine with picking off those useless gits. The rebellions are FAR more important and have occurred just as predicted. It is excellent. Still waiting for Attila to mature. I am currently at 416 and watching the collapse of my Western brethren from afar.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast