Thread: How to add Units to TOB

Default How to add Units to TOB

Hereby I would like to explain how to bring a new unit into play. Essentially, there are two differences, one simply replacing one unit with another or, as a second option, making a unit directly recruitable via the Tech Tree. In contrast to Atllla and Rome, TOB uses no buildings but the Tech Tree.

I will not explain all the details in detail, but a rough insight is clarified, experience in the modding are advantageous but not absolutely necessary.

Files to use for only change:
    land_units_tables
    main_units_tables
    mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions_tables
    mercenary_unit_groups_tables
    technology_unit_upgrades_tables
    unit_required_technology_junctions_tables
    unit_set_to_unit_junctions
    unit_variants_tables
    units_custom_battle_permissions_tables
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables

Optional for direkt recruiting displayed in Techtree:
    startpos

Most of the work is self-explanatory when opening the file, many entries are just copy & paste.
    Then adjust the entries accordingly to suit the newly created unit. to clarify everything better and to understand there is a mod developed by me mod "Archer Update", this is the visual support.

In this mod both possibilities are shown. The Unit eng_elite_longbowmen simply replaces the existing wel_longbowmen, but this is only possible through an entry in the startpos.
    startpos editing restricts compatibility with other modifications!
    The wel_longbowmen is indeed a Unit that already exists, but not for the english Factions, so this must be entered in the startpos.
    I will explain more about the startpos later, if there are any questions. If anything is still unclear, I will gladly continue to help.

Regards Musculus Maximus
    Last edited by Musculus Maximus; August 23, 2018 at 07:35 AM.

Default Re: [Tutorial) How to add Units to TOB

Nice tutorial Maximus!

Further details about the startpos and campaign recruitment integration and the compatibility issues can be found in this thread below. Where Dresden explained all and I wrote also some information.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...it-Recruitment