Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: the game is so :wub: i went back to Medieval 2

Default the game is so :wub: i went back to Medieval 2

The game was so I went back playing Medieval 2 Total war.

Even with mods Rome 2 is game, anyone else think the same?

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Default Re: the game is so :wub: i went back to Medieval 2

Nope.

nope

Been playing Rome 2 happily since release. really have never seen what all the hate has been about. there's been a hell of a lot of additional free content and development since then as well. I'll be playing for years to come

My Mountaineering Blog -
    https://grahamwyllie.blogspot.com/

Nope. Over a thousand hours logged since release, I think it's a great game.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Nope. Med2 is a outdated game, Rome II is far superior.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Rome 2 has its flaws still like any other game, however Med 2 looks like a very dated game now as we have moved on a lot since 2007! Med 2 BAi is still the best by far and that much i cannot take away from the game. However great games like DEI, Vae Victis and Wars of the Gods - Ancient wars are keeping Rome 2 going! That much so CA have recognised this and continue to bring out DLC for the game, and thats after 5 years since the game was released!

I dont see any improvements or additional content for Med 2?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Med with mods is great, but there is already nowhere to go. It reached the maximum. Like there are no naval battles, beach landings....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

I wish there was a Remastered/HD edition of M2.

or a Med III

Steam tells me that the hours that i've played in Rome 2 is over 95 days...

Just one more turn
    Last edited by herne_the _hunter; August 22, 2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Lancer View Post
    or a Med III
    I'm afraid to have another Rome II disappointment tbh.

People wouldn't go back to previous releases if a major game was at least over 90% completed & that's being generous.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    People wouldn't go back to previous releases if a major game was at least over 90% completed & that's being generous.
    Most of the major issues with RTW2 were sorted out within days, and few weeks later there were hardly any issues. Release of a game to a mass audience is always a testing phase, and the speed in which they jumped on each emergent bug and issues shows they had planned for it and were ready with the resources for a prompt response. This aspect of the flawed release of RTW2 was lost in the storm of indignation and the accompanying wailing and gnashing of teeth from the overly indulged whiners that overpopulate any games forum. Most of us just got on with playing, had a bit of laugh at the more ridiculous graphics bugs and muttered under our breath "...hope they fix that soon", which they did. In todays state, the game is a polished gem and the range and quality of the mods is without precedent both in variety, access and ease of use.

Don't know what game you were playing. Rome 2 has been at 110% complete for at least 3 years. Incidentally, I can no longer play TWM2 because of the 32bit to 64bit bug that has never been sorted takes all the fun out of it (CTD or freeze randomly or not in battles), and Empire will no longer launch. It's not really up to Steam or Mods to fix that - if you want to whinge about something, whine about Total War not updating the back catalogue for contemporary high resolution systems, yet continuing to sell them for those systems.

They were fixed in days and weeks?! Hardly any issues left in few weeks?! %110 complete? Wow seriously?
    They still fix stuff in this very year! (Btw lovely disembark issue of the Naval battles still stand! (see LoTW's RotR videos)

I use 64 bit and M2 works well, without ctd and all that? Same for Empire.

Of course I'd love if there were any (sorts of) improvements for any of the older games (and performance improvements for all) but no need to throw mud at them.

I haven't played Rome 2 for nearly a year now, not that I don't like it, its just that Assassins Creed Origins came out and is very absorbing!. However, I have recently started to play M2 again, and although its a bit dated it is a great game, fun to play on the campaign map and role play - graphics are still good and immersive. Haven't played Warhammer 2 yet, although I have it loaded on my machine.

I use 64 bit and m2 works fine, and I can still play Empire - using Win 7.

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

.....guess I'm going to have to reload and try to sort out those 2 games.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dog View Post
    Most of the major issues with RTW2 were sorted out within days, and few weeks later there were hardly any issues. Release of a game to a mass audience is always a testing phase, and the speed in which they jumped on each emergent bug and issues shows they had planned for it and were ready with the resources for a prompt response. This aspect of the flawed release of RTW2 was lost in the storm of indignation and the accompanying wailing and gnashing of teeth from the overly indulged whiners that overpopulate any games forum. Most of us just got on with playing, had a bit of laugh at the more ridiculous graphics bugs and muttered under our breath "...hope they fix that soon", which they did. In todays state, the game is a polished gem and the range and quality of the mods is without precedent both in variety, access and ease of use.

Don't know what game you were playing. Rome 2 has been at 110% complete for at least 3 years. Incidentally, I can no longer play TWM2 because of the 32bit to 64bit bug that has never been sorted takes all the fun out of it (CTD or freeze randomly or not in battles), and Empire will no longer launch. It's not really up to Steam or Mods to fix that - if you want to whinge about something, whine about Total War not updating the back catalogue for contemporary high resolution systems, yet continuing to sell them for those systems.
    hmm....I think you have commented on the wrong Total war game as Rome 2 is around 80% completed. If it was not for great modders out there it would be a lot less than that! Just look at the BAI in game as an example, try a vanilla game and you will see how bad it is also Sieges are still useless in game! However CA have made an attempt to polish this game as they have realized two things:

1. Modding community is still supporting this title
    2. Competition is imminent in market

Anyways back on topic as this is not what this thread is supposed to be discussing, cheers

Compability sometimes be a big issue. I was able to open and also run well many games by only changing it

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Regarding Medieval 2 TW, what is really essential is to solve the problem of the game being able to address only 2GB RAM. Once I bought a new pc with Windows 10 installed I wasn't, to my surprise, able to play Europa Barbarorum II any more. Using some 3rd party software allowed me to increase that number to 4GB RAM and enjoy my game again without any CTD issues, etc. That should work for you, too, I suppose.

Thats interesting

Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast