Thread: This Mod is absurdly Tough.

Default This Mod is absurdly Tough.

I've restarted my Prussia campaign 4 times. First for 12 turns, then 10, then again 10, then 3.

Every single Turn after the Start, I get Diseases in 3-4 Provinces. First, I paid the Assessor- but then the 5K-odd hit became too much. So now my Armies don't replenish & I'm getting rebellion messages unless I cancel taxes altogether. Meanwhile- every single time, Austria, Russia, and France declare War on me on Turn 3 like clockwork. No Exceptions. Sweden & Ottomans join them in Turn 5. By Turn 10, all of Europe- except Denmark for some reason- is at War with me. Even Portugal. Napoleon and Kutuzov were laying sieges on my cities at the same time!

"Reduce the difficulty then. Why cry here?" you ask.

My third Play was at M/M. My 4th and last was at E/E.

A "Challenge" is all fine- but these "improvements" just seem to be making the Campaign artificially tough. Diplomacy doesn't matter since everyone is at war with me from Turn two anyway. The Economy doesn't matter since I'm not going to get Taxes anyway. Replenishment doesn't matter since everyone's sick anyway. Why were they even called Napoleon Total War when clearly the AI thinks I'm Hitler?

Laetus

Default Re: This Mod is absurdly Tough.

I recently started a campaign as prussia, honestly had no such issues. besides the diseases, but ive built a hospital and that helped out with that. played on H/M

I played a H/H or a VH/VH campaign with Prussia a few months ago and it wasn't that difficult. I am not a great player either. I think there is a script that if you are in alliance with the countries of the coalition and you are at war with France, they will not attack you. Otherwise you can expect some backstabbing. I had a similar experience as you while I played as Sweden, I was at war with everyone, even the UK invaded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
    I've restarted my Prussia campaign 4 times. First for 12 turns, then 10, then again 10, then 3.

Every single Turn after the Start, I get Diseases in 3-4 Provinces. First, I paid the Assessor- but then the 5K-odd hit became too much. So now my Armies don't replenish & I'm getting rebellion messages unless I cancel taxes altogether. Meanwhile- every single time, Austria, Russia, and France declare War on me on Turn 3 like clockwork. No Exceptions. Sweden & Ottomans join them in Turn 5. By Turn 10, all of Europe- except Denmark for some reason- is at War with me. Even Portugal. Napoleon and Kutuzov were laying sieges on my cities at the same time!

"Reduce the difficulty then. Why cry here?" you ask.

My third Play was at M/M. My 4th and last was at E/E.

A "Challenge" is all fine- but these "improvements" just seem to be making the Campaign artificially tough. Diplomacy doesn't matter since everyone is at war with me from Turn two anyway. The Economy doesn't matter since I'm not going to get Taxes anyway. Replenishment doesn't matter since everyone's sick anyway. Why were they even called Napoleon Total War when clearly the AI thinks I'm Hitler?
    Man, I have played this mod as Geat Britain a ton of times and have crushed it. Try not to be so aggressive at first and get your economy up to speed. Even disband units in the beginning to free up more money, build your navy first, and get your trade routes up. Only then can you start a land battle. Own the seas and trade points and you will dominate. This is a very easy mod. Any questions please ask