Thread: Shogun 1 Music in Shogun 2

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Shogun 1 Music in Shogun 2

Hi,

I remember there was such a mod about 6 years ago but it disappeared from this forum, only one thread asking for it was left unanswered...

So i had to do it for my own enjoyment lately as i got back to playing modded Shogun 2 and will share it here in case someone is interested...

I basically got rid of the less pleasant musics on the campaign map from Shogun 2 and replaced it with Shogun 1 atmosphere. I kept the winter music which are excellent and the best ones in other seasons.

Same goes for battles, it is more 'old school' now... It is really a simple mod.

Cheers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-M...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: Shogun 1 Music in Shogun 2

what a bummer this mod does not work

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

It works for me so it should work for you. I took another popular sound mod as a base and just replaced the mp3 files so there is no potential for it to not work at all.

Did you put the pack file in shogun2/data folder and enable it in the steam mod launcher? Are you certain that you are not using another mod that change the music ingame?

If Yes is the answer to the above, i will look for an alternative upload location in case this could be the issue, maybe the file was corrupt during the downloading or upload from/to google drive.

Like is it supposed to still play some vanilla music?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Yes of course

Like i said in the first post, i incorporated the campaign music (atmosphere music) from Shogun 1 into Shogun 2.
    So basically i just got rid of the the more repetitive shogun2 ones like sakura and others and replaced them with the 4 main shogun1 atmosphere campaign musics ( spring,autumn,summer and winter plus one mobilize one) and also changed the victory and loss (put the one from shogun1) musics.

For battles i also replaced a few that got annoying to me with Shogun1 ones as well, but basically many of the Shogun2 musics are still there yes, in each season there are still some vanilla ones there. I play a mod with 12 turns per year so i needed the variety otherwise we would just have the 4 main campaign musics that Shogun1 had.

it seems that the music is very quiet in game would it be possible to make it a higher volume some how?