Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Naval Battles in 3K folks.

Default Re: No Naval Battles in 3K folks.

I think Shogun 2 had by far the best naval combat, don't know what you mean.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

If I should rate naval combat by fun for me, it would like:
    Napoleon
    FotS (-too much ship explosions, +torpedos) / Empire
    R2/Attila
    Shogun 2

Plus my feeling from many people is that Shogun 2 is the least enjoyable for many. Of course everybody can gave his own opinion or disagree. I had many issues with shogun 2 Navy... cannon ships, fire bomb ships, black ship cannons, overall clumsyness of navy. Iīm pretty able to perform complex navy operations in Napoleon, in FotS, R2..keeping formation, board ships, ram ships but in Shogun 2 it is always for me total mess, plus in campaign part it was just about spamming ships again and again, blocking enemy access to your part of banana (Japan) via sea... Well...nobody is talented for everything A lot things could be improved be CA but as the overall style of navy is quite similar I personally donīt mind loosing naval battles in 3K. I would definitely prefer naval battles in WHs instead...
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 03, 2018 at 04:55 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    I think Shogun 2 had by far the best naval combat, don't know what you mean.
    Likewise, I really enjoyed naval battles in Shogun 2 -- and even more so in FotS. In the present case, it's probably a case of resources, all the work and money are going into characters and Dynasty Warriors martial arts stuff and the artwork, which means the budget is gone when it comes to naval units and combat. I suppose we might see it added in a subsequent update after release. So those of you buying TW3K, please make sure also to buy up all the garbage DLC "hero packs" and just maybe CA/SEGA decide it's worth the effort to include naval.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I remember recent youtube video, saying that they (youtubers) asked CA and reply was that a few players are actually playing naval battles instead of autoresolving. It was either PartyElire,Invicta,MilkandCookies or Italian Spartacus. But it was just such note in the video, i can dig it up if anybody needs it.

I would love naval battles too, probably even bringing in Japans, Taiwan,Korea...but if CA doesnīt know how to fix it to make it actually fun and worth time for more players..Then I can understand the logic, while not liking it..
    That's because of many problems:

• Sea battles are unrealistic, and often boring and often tend to make jams of ships trying to engage in close combat.
    • Ships are in comparison terribly expensive to mantain.
    • Most games force you to make ships to embark and transport infantry. TW doesn't. You can easily conquest the whole world without a single one.
    • Even enemy fleets have a hard time to sink an embarked land force if it's a light vessel fleet.
    • Ships can block ports, but not siege, even islands! Land forces can siege coastal settlements without any fleet blocking the ports.

The only sea battles that I really enjoyed were the ones in fall of the samurai. There your best vessels could launch powerful bombardments and the long and dangerous land distances made it interesting to have a powerful and modern fleet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123